Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MMA bigger than Boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger J

Pride pretty much runs the show in Japan. They just recently had Mark Hunt vs. The Japanese Cruiserweight Champion as the main event to one of their shows. It was insanely good. Boxer vs. MMA striker. They get paid a lot more in Pride than they do in UFC. It's a much better promotion. They have better fighters, and better fights, which is why it's so big in Japan. They rake in huge live audiences, much bigger than UFC.
    What an example. That Japanese guy was WBF champ (are you serious) who weighed in at 180-185 on average. Mark Hunt is a recognized kickboxing champ, who weighs in 260+ on a regular basis. Try putting a prime Tyson in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing is still bigger. And MMA is heading the wrong direction because alot of recent decisions have gone the wrong way. Boxing shares the same fate, but that was the most intriguing thing about MMA, is that there was usually a clear winner, now there is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is the WBA...and it will never catch boxing unless some big time promoters get involved
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big time promoters = Zuffa, Spike TV, and FSN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bigger than don king, bob arum, hbo, showtime, espn,? I think not...even that contender bullshat got more ratings than UFC on spike....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It did I thought Ultimate Fighter got more then the contender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    bigger than don king, bob arum, hbo, showtime, espn,? I think not...even that contender bullshat got more ratings than UFC on spike....
    ...No it didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    ...No it didn't.
    I'd check the nielson ratings if I were you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ultimate Fighter = DVD series out, and on third season

The Contender = Dropped by NBC, no DVD's, and barely made it to having a second season.

Oh, and Don King hasn't done S*** all lately cause theres no big money drawing fighters anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ultimate Fighter = DVD series out, and on third season

The Contender = Dropped by NBC, no DVD's, and barely made it to having a second season.

Oh, and Don King hasn't done S*** all lately cause theres no big money drawing fighters anymore.
    DVD is the only real market for UFC, ultimate fighter etc....and the contender is still being promoted by espn....and don king is still a bigger and better promoter than anyone or anything associated with UFC or spike for that matter.....

And if is spike is big...it will never compete with ESPN or HBO...period...FNF WNF...both kill spike and UFC...

ANd finally once again the question is : Is MMA bigger than boxing? and the answer is again a big fat asssed

"NO"

so deal with it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA ain't bigger than boxing...
    Whatever shit ur taking, i'll have some of it too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe if you queer baits wouldnt take my words up your assholes, you wouldnt sound like such babies.

Initial topic of the thread: MMA bigger than boxing {QUESTION MARK!}. It was a simple question. I stated my opinion, and reasoning behind it. If it wasn't for the highly regarded "Greatest Boxer of All Time," this thread wouldn't even exist, which is why I find it hard to believe that die hard boxing fans absolutely despise MMA.

My initial implications were that Boxing is going on a downward spiral, while MMA is climning up the mountain. It may not be bigger YET, but by god it will be.

CRICKET USED TO BE A HUGE SPORT! NOW NO ONE EVEN KNOWS ANY GOD DAMN PLAYERS!

I LOVE BOTH BOXING AND MMA! BOXING IS THE SPORT OF KINGS, BUT MMA IS AS PURE OF A COMPETITION BETWEEN TO HUMANS AS YOU CAN GET.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a crock of shit, MMA is not even a recognised sport by the important bodies (IOC etc).

Nobody I have ever met gives one solitary shit about it - it's in no way bigger than boxing.

Come back when it is in the Olympics - even bloody synchronized swimming and handball can make it that far.

Maybe in that 100 years you talked about things will be different - but not now.

The rules in boxing are there for a reason - to stop it degenerating into a boring brawl lasting minutes with the majority of it spent rolling around on the floor.

Oh, and cricket is still pretty popular in the countries that play it - i think you'll find the 1 billion+ population of india alone harbors more cricket fans than there are people in the world that have ever even HEARD of MMA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe if you queer baits wouldnt take my words up your assholes, you wouldnt sound like such babies.

Initial topic of the thread: MMA bigger than boxing {QUESTION MARK!}. It was a simple question. I stated my opinion, and reasoning behind it. If it wasn't for the highly regarded "Greatest Boxer of All Time," this thread wouldn't even exist, which is why I find it hard to believe that die hard boxing fans absolutely despise MMA.

My initial implications were that Boxing is going on a downward spiral, while MMA is climning up the mountain. It may not be bigger YET, but by god it will be.

CRICKET USED TO BE A HUGE SPORT! NOW NO ONE EVEN KNOWS ANY GOD DAMN PLAYERS!

I LOVE BOTH BOXING AND MMA! BOXING IS THE SPORT OF KINGS, BUT MMA IS AS PURE OF A COMPETITION BETWEEN TO HUMANS AS YOU CAN GET.
    Whoa whoa..we're queer baits because we're telling you that MMA is not bigger than boxing? Dude get a life, I hope your not a MMA fighter because you're a bit sensitive....Only chicks and kids get mad when people don't agree with them, but your even worse because its a fact that MMA IS NOT BIGGER THAN BOXING.. PERIOD SO stop talking about it irrelevant crap...and since you have triple-S syndrome (stubbornly stupid & sensitve )I'll do it again for you...

THe thread reads: Is MMA BIGGER THAN BOXING? and again the answer is a big fat asssed

"NO"

That's the answer...period...again---deal with it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You sound so F****** redundant, that it's not even funny.

Holy S***. If being sensetive is defending your opinion, I must be a F****** cry baby. How in god's F*** is stating that MMA will be bigger than boxing irrelevant when the title of the thread is "MMA BIGGER THAN BOXING"

How the F*** can boxing be recognized as a combat sport when you are limited to only using two parts of your body towards your opponent? MMA WAS INTRODUCED INTO THE WORLD IN THE 648 B.C. GREECE OLYMPICS FOR CHRIST SAKES! THATS AS FAR AS YOU'LL EVER BE ABLE TO BOIL ANY SPORT DOWN TO! THEY CALLED IT PANKRATION, WHICH MEANS NO HOLDS BARRED.

Only chicks and kids get mad at them when you disagree with them? EVERY HUMAN BEING GETS MAD AT ANOTHER FOR BEING A COMPLETE RETARD AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER! If you never did, you would be considered Jesus, which means you have no back bone whatsoever.

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE AN IDIOT TO DISAGREE WITH THE FACT THAT THE BOXING FAN BASE IS PLUMMETING WHILE THE MMA FAN BASE IS RAPIDLY INCREASING

I'm not dealing with a single thing I don't believe. Go right the F*** ahead and call me stubborn. I'd rather be stubborn than a little BITCH

Oh, and word filters can blow me.

Thread Information