Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: So finally...the rematch is here...who you pickin' & how?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster II

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster II

If wlad wins i'll quit bashing him and own up that maybe he's better than i've been giving him credit for but if he loses, you will NEVER hear the end of it. Then again, i probably won't have to say anything because HE will never hear the end of it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster II

I had to pick Brewster by decision just because that was funny as hell. I really think Wlad is going to be very cautious in this one, and look for the new Emmanuel Steward jab all night. I actually think its going to be a role reversal, with Brewster getting k.o.'d

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster I

Wlad by knockout. Surely he will have learnt from his mistakes in the past?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone know if they're weighing in today (Thursday), like some heavyweights do?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster I

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminated
    Does anyone know if they're weighing in today (Thursday), like some heavyweights do?
    well its already 8PM thursday in germany

El Kabong Guest

It's going to be a BRAWL, and I think Wlad will come out on top he's got his 'A' game on and I think it will be a very impressive fight for Wladimir...though it will be a good fight because Lamon doesn't know the meaning of the word quit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Klitschko ends it in the mid rounds. In the 1st he had Brewster but let it slip away. This time is gonna be a different story. Add in the fact that Brewsters been out for 13 months & the tasks seems like an easy one for Wlad!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brewster is going to be pretty worried going into this one, despite the fact that he won in their first meeting. I reckon Wlad will be forceful and won't get caught on the hop as he did last time. Wlad is taller, has the longer reach, and as long as they've done some work on him not getting caught upstairs, he should have the tools to do Brewster, like he did to Brock.

And Lyle....you still owe me 10 CC's from the Klitschko Brock fight, after that little bet we had. An elephant and people sharing the physical bulk of elephants never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just watched the first fight again yesterday. I had forgotten how much Wlad was dominating that fight. He was hitting Brewster with everything, knocked him down, had him almost gone, etc.

Wlad is better now than he was then, he's more disciplined and economical. I think he takes Brewster apart and knocks him out in the mid-rounds. A 7th round KO like the Brock fight wouldn't surprise me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Brewster wear his beard into the ring. I think that would be pretty funny.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hope Brewster can pull it off, but logic says that he's gonna get KO'd. Specially if he fights like he did against Lyhocvich. He did KO Wlad once before and he could do it again, I'll be rootin for him. Come on people, USA...USA...USA!!!!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

Wladimir 243 - Lamon 227

Looks like they are both in very good shape as expected

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Wladimir 243 - Lamon 227

Looks like they are both in very good shape as expected
    Yep. Those are good weights for both men. That is good news, should be a good fight. Let's go Lamon Brewster!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brewster also has Buddy in this fight and I'm sure his strategy for Brewster isn't going to be "take punishment for 5 rounds and then come on soon"

One of the strategies he should use with Brewster is feinting the right hand and coming up with a left hookercut, this worked wonders in the first fight for him. It should be implimented more because Wladimer can go for fakes. Buddy better have a good gameplan, I'm just worried about Brewster's retina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well fellars & fellerettes…today’s the day!!! Wiith the IBF & IBO heavyweight championships both on the line both men seem ready & willing to go. Both men came in proper for the weigh in. Wladimir Klitschko weighed in at 243 pounds for his much desired shot at redemption & title defense against former champion & conqueror Brewster/

What’s kinda gotten me rattled is the fact that, even with the injuries & layoff, Brewster came in at 227 pounds. Very very surprising. The man’s game & you can bet that he’s still dangerous right outta the gate. Wlad better not be to tentative.

Both fighters being in very good shape equates to a bang up night for us.

The card, billed as “The Rematch: Klitschko vs Brewster II – Heavyweight Championship Of The World” will be aired live on HBO at 5 p.m. this afternoon and then it replays at 10:30 p.m. tonight.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information