Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who,What & How

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor v Pavlick - Atlantic City - 29/09/07

You know, I'm not a big fan of Taylor's, but he has been in with some outstanding fighters. Gotta give him respect for being man enough to step in with 'em.

I still hope Pavlik puts the whuppin' on him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's On!!! Pavlik Vs Taylor(September 29, 2007)Poll

Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor v Pavlick - Atlantic City - 29/09/07

I think Pavlick has real chances of winning, but we can not forget that Taylor beat twice Hopkins.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i want pavlik to ko taylor sloppy-ass

but the truth i dont reall care about this fight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by headson
    i want pavlik to ko taylor sloppy-a**

but the truth i dont reall care about this fight
    You a boxing fan with a pulse JK why not my brother?
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfmeister

Jermain has a lot of flaws yes but his right cross is like a fast train, a pile driver or a cement block that no gutsy middle can disregard!
    Is it really?

His right hand is a flashy "wow" punch but is it really that hard of a punch? Who has Taylor actually knocked out? A lot of his stoppages are like the Bunema/Marquez stoppages, the other guy was getting beat up but they weren't out on their feet or anything. I can't think of many fights where he showed big time power, maybe against Daniel Edouard and that Colombian journeyman he fought on his HBO debut.

Its no shame to not stop or even not hurt Winky or Bernard, but he couldn't even bother two tiny jr. middles who've been hurt badly before. His power has got to be questioned.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I watch JT I see a good fighter that often wins due to being a huge middleweight and a phenomenal athletic specimen not a great fighter...Pavlik has yet to show he is a great fighter either, but I think he will either bring out a great fighter in JT or show us that Taylor is not in that league. My money is that he KOs JT somwhere between the 7th and 10th round.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even tho pavlik seems rougher around the edges I just think pavlik wants this more than taylor, taylor's heart just doesn't seem to be in boxing. I mean he went 1-1-1 imo with 2 great fighters in winky and b hop, but then he couldn't get rid of ouma, nor clearly beat spinks...maybe pavlik will bring the best out of taylor and we'll have a great fight, but I think it'll be more likely pavlik pushing taylor back, getting hit while doing so but absorbing the punches, and then somewhere later in the fight he'll ko taylor.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think what makes this fight so compelling to me is that Pavlik will be the first guy to come forward at Jermain Taylor not named Winky Wright, who is pretty much impossible to impress against.

We know Pavlik can take punches, Miranda had a lot of success with that telegraphed right hand even in the seventh round that Pavlik finished him in. I know Taylor doesn't have great power, but he is a Manny Steward fighter, he has to know a thing or two about timing even if he hasn't showed it.

Just a fascinating fight really, I have to agree with everyone who says that Pavlik will bring out the best in Taylor yet I still feel compelled to pick Pavlik. Either way, huge fight for both guys as it will be a huge win for either. Pavlik, obviously, he becomes middleweight champion of the world. Taylor hasn't faced this type of opposition and his reign as champion has been slandered constantly, fairly and unfairly.

Can't wait for this one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I think what makes this fight so compelling to me is that Pavlik will be the first guy to come forward at Jermain Taylor not named Winky Wright, who is pretty much impossible to impress against.

We know Pavlik can take punches, Miranda had a lot of success with that telegraphed right hand even in the seventh round that Pavlik finished him in. I know Taylor doesn't have great power, but he is a Manny Steward fighter, he has to know a thing or two about timing even if he hasn't showed it.

Just a fascinating fight really, I have to agree with everyone who says that Pavlik will bring out the best in Taylor yet I still feel compelled to pick Pavlik. Either way, huge fight for both guys as it will be a huge win for either. Pavlik, obviously, he becomes middleweight champion of the world. Taylor hasn't faced this type of opposition and his reign as champion has been slandered constantly, fairly and unfairly.

Can't wait for this one.
    Taylor hasn't met a puncher like Pavlik either.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor's stock is dropping........ Pavlik's stock is rising. It's a question of whether the two trajectories have crossed, and by how much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfmeister

Jermain has a lot of flaws yes but his right cross is like a fast train, a pile driver or a cement block that no gutsy middle can disregard!
    Is it really?

His right hand is a flashy "wow" punch but is it really that hard of a punch? Who has Taylor actually knocked out? A lot of his stoppages are like the Bunema/Marquez stoppages, the other guy was getting beat up but they weren't out on their feet or anything. I can't think of many fights where he showed big time power, maybe against Daniel Edouard and that Colombian journeyman he fought on his HBO debut.

Its no shame to not stop or even not hurt Winky or Bernard, but he couldn't even bother two tiny jr. middles who've been hurt badly before. His power has got to be questioned.
    I agree with you ....Who has Taylor knocked out. Also saying that who has Pavlik not knocked out. I will take Pavlik's chin over Taylor right cross any day.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    I'm taking Pavlik on a KO....Taylor isn't a real slickster, so I don't see him attempting to out box Kelly, and I haven't been impressed with his power. I never really saw Bhop, Winky, Ouma or Spinks really hurt. JT may try to box, but eventually he will have to bang with Kelly and I think Pavlik has the better chin and power.
    Another thing is Taylor isnt really as smart of a boxer as everyone thinks. When dose he ever fake a punch to draw a smaller opponet into commiting. He didnt with Spinks and he didnt with Ouma. People but more generally the judges give hium more credit than he deserves. He is the worst 160 champ since Tiger years ago.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik is going knock him out more easily than most people expect.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Boxing Fan
    Pavlik is going knock him out more easily than most people expect.
    I think he will overwhelm Taylor.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Thread Information