Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Some Of The Great Superfeatherweights

I think Floyd gets bashed a lot i do it to but the more i look at it the more i see he is a good fighter but he has not fought some fighters he should of fight. But he has fought some good guys i do not consider him a ATG 135 and also a great at 130 but we will see he still has a lot of years ahead of him lets just wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what makes a great fighter is when he starts fighting fighters , on what I call the " This MOTherF might whoop my ass list" . when you win a few of those matches , you have done something special ..unfortunate for me I have lost a match on the " This Motherfu shouldn’t be in the same ring with me list". so that aint no good either ! , really I have egg on my face just talking about this .. LMFAO ! .. enjoy the chat no the less !

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker

LG can you please tell me what is so bad about the opposition im about to list ??

Oscar De La Hoya
    DeMarcus Corley
    Carlos Manuel Baldomir
    Zab Judah
    Genaro Hernandez
    Diego Corrales
    Angel Manfredy
    Jose Luis Castillo x2
    Carlos Hernandez
    Jesus Chavez
    Phillip N'dou

Ok you can pick apart some of the names i listed but i don't see why Mayweather's opposition is so slated he has beaten some quality opposition throughout his career.

I really don't understand what you see in Cintron he quit against Margarito looked terrible against a journeyman in his last outing Mayweather would destroy Cintron.
    for the most part they are shorter fighters , in some cases old fighters years removed from their best Geno Hernandez for instance. , these fighters usually had less reach , fighting a slick boxer in a airplane hanger. you can look at that list and see easy wins for Mayweather not knowing the results. Its the match making. Styles make fights.. bad style and circumstances for the other guys.

Put those matches in a 16 footer instead of a 25 foot rings and you would have some different results in some of those matches. Trust me !

I had Castillio beating Mayweather by the way of Oscar its .AGE ~ Delahoya simply too inactive, had Oscar been a few years younger, fighting 3 fights a year he would have been in the proper condition , he would have beat Mayweather clearly. I still had Oscar winning by a few rounds ..

for the most part they are shorter fighters , in some cases old fighters years removed from their best Geno Hernandez for instance. , these fighters usually had less reach , fighting a slick boxer in a airplane hanger. you can look at that list and see easy wins for Mayweather not knowing the results. Its the match making. Styles make fights.. bad style and circumstances for the other guys.Put those matches in a 16 footer instead of a 25 foot rings and you would have some different results in some of those matches. Trust me !

Oh come on LG now your implying Mayweather would of lost had the ring size been different ?? Hernandez had never been beaten at Superfeatherweight and Mayweather only had like 17 pro fights coming into that fight so give credit when credit is due.

I had Castillio beating Mayweather by the way Wink of Oscar its .AGE ~ Delahoya simply too inactive, had Oscar been a few years younger, fighting 3 fights a year he would have been in the proper condition , he would have beat Mayweather clearly. I still had Oscar winning by a few rounds ..

Mayweather beat Castillo easily in the rematch and as for Oscar didn't Mayweather move up to a weightclass he has never fought at before ?? so Mayweather was at disadvantage aswell lets remember that and how in the world did you have Oscar winning Mayweather fight ?? Mayweather comfortably won Oscar fight by 3 rounds on my card just look at punchstats Oscar landed 21 percent of his punches and Mayweather landed 40+ percent no offense LG but you need to rewatch that fight because Oscar's flurries were missing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well look PBF i do not think is a alltime great at LWW, WW and LMW but at the other weight divsion he has beat pretty good competition and was champion and defended them a good amount and beat the best there was at 130 and 135 when he was there so i have to give him that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LG can you please tell me what is so bad about the opposition im about to list ??

Oscar De La Hoya
    DeMarcus Corley
    Carlos Manuel Baldomir
    Zab Judah
    Genaro Hernandez
    Diego Corrales
    Angel Manfredy
    Jose Luis Castillo x2
    Carlos Hernandez
    Jesus Chavez
    Phillip N'dou

Ok you can pick apart some of the names i listed but i don't see why Mayweather's opposition is so slated he has beaten some quality opposition throughout his career.

I really don't understand what you see in Cintron he quit against Margarito looked terrible against a journeyman in his last outing Mayweather would destroy Cintron.
    for the most part they are shorter fighters , in some cases old fighters years removed from their best Geno Hernandez for instance. , these fighters usually had less reach , fighting a slick boxer in a airplane hanger. you can look at that list and see easy wins for Mayweather not knowing the results. Its the match making. Styles make fights.. bad style and circumstances for the other guys.

Put those matches in a 16 footer instead of a 25 foot rings and you would have some different results in some of those matches. Trust me !

I had Castillio beating Mayweather by the way of Oscar its .AGE ~ Delahoya simply too inactive, had Oscar been a few years younger, fighting 3 fights a year he would have been in the proper condition , he would have beat Mayweather clearly. I still had Oscar winning by a few rounds ..

for the most part they are shorter fighters , in some cases old fighters years removed from their best Geno Hernandez for instance. , these fighters usually had less reach , fighting a slick boxer in a airplane hanger. you can look at that list and see easy wins for Mayweather not knowing the results. Its the match making. Styles make fights.. bad style and circumstances for the other guys.Put those matches in a 16 footer instead of a 25 foot rings and you would have some different results in some of those matches. Trust me !

Oh come on LG now your implying Mayweather would of lost had the ring size been different ?? Hernandez had never been beaten at Superfeatherweight and Mayweather only had like 17 pro fights coming into that fight so give credit when credit is due.

I had Castillio beating Mayweather by the way Wink of Oscar its .AGE ~ Delahoya simply too inactive, had Oscar been a few years younger, fighting 3 fights a year he would have been in the proper condition , he would have beat Mayweather clearly. I still had Oscar winning by a few rounds ..

Mayweather beat Castillo easily in the rematch and as for Oscar didn't Mayweather move up to a weightclass he has never fought at before ?? so Mayweather was at disadvantage aswell lets remember that and how in the world did you have Oscar winning Mayweather fight ?? Mayweather comfortably won Oscar fight by 3 rounds on my card just look at punchstats Oscar landed 21 percent of his punches and Mayweather landed 40+ percent no offense LG but you need to rewatch that fight because Oscar's flurries were missing.

are you suggesting im speaking from me arse Iceman? trust me ring size is everything when fighting someone fast with the foot. your opportunities for setting and cashing someone’s check diminish substantially, especially when you also giving up height and reach. those blokes you listed had a chance in hell of beating Mayweather in a fast ring .

ICB Guest

Oscar De La Hoya
    DeMarcus Corley
    Carlos Manuel Baldomir
    Zab Judah
    Genaro Hernandez
    Diego Corrales
    Angel Manfredy
    Jose Luis Castillo x2
    Carlos Hernandez
    Jesus Chavez
    Phillip N'dou

are you suggesting im speaking from me a*** Iceman? trust me ring size is everything when fighting someone fast with the foot. your opportunities for setting and cashing someone’s check diminish substantially, especially when you also giving up height and reach. those blokes you listed had a chance in hell of beating Mayweather in a fast ring .
    I just think your being a bit unfair its like your saying Mayweather only won his fights because of the ring size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your not understanding what i am saying..

The matches were designed to showcase his talents. . matchmaking is an art form , all the things associated with it. careful match making consists of breaking down fighter profiles putting in place the best odds and circumstances to showcase a specific fighter ( Ring size) (Referee) (judges) (the opponent) . all of these things add up and give an advantage to the home team . while giving the illusion of some danger, when in reality there is very little,. It is a key fundamental component to the success of any fighter, nothing to be ashamed of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets say you’re a short strong heavyweight with good solid power and an iron chin.…you are being showcased.
    You would want a 17 foot ring. , judges that favor the aggressor. A referee that does not favor holding on the inside, lets a fighter have ample time to fight out of a clinch, as opposed to the common referee style of ( quick break and push out) .

With the smaller ring and the right referee the height and reach of the opposition becomes less of a factor , as now the terrain is starting to take shape that puts the elements in play that favor your style and mindset.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its called understanding the Game Lords does
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information