Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FNF Thread

Gonzales was not offering back any meaningful offense at all, he looked so weak in there.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Going out on a hugggge limb,I think Gonzalez is going to KO Cloud.

I could be wrong,would not be the first time Lol.
    ......So I wont be playing the lottery any time soon ,Great win for Cloud,dude is sharp.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going out on a hugggge limb,I think Gonzalez is going to KO Cloud.

I could be wrong,would not be the first time Lol.
    ......So I wont be playing the lottery any time soon ,Great win for Cloud,dude is sharp.
    Yeah I was doubting his conditioning coming into this honestly, but damn I'm a believer now. What a beard on Gonzalez.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't believe Gonzalez complained a bit when the ref stopped it. Some fighters are too brave for their own good.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight, very good test for Cloud. Gonzalez has always been one of my favorites, very nice guy so it's a bit sad to see him on the way out but Cloud looked pretty good. I think had Gonzalez spent more on the body then he would have slowed down Cloud late. Gonzalez is really powerful when he goes to the body but instead just had nothing on his punches all night.

Cloud, he needs to be more active. To often guys with power just load up and fight in spots. He had the quicker, more powerful jab and he stunned Gonzalez with it on more then a few occasions including in the first round before that onslaught ever took place. He should have used it more otherwise if he decides to fight in spots like that he better get the guy out of there and not get stretched or more capable boxers are going to steal enough rounds from him to where he'll need a KO.

Still, that power is something I haven't seen from a young prospect at that weight since Jeff Lacy was coming up. Just the loudness of his punches is pretty amazing. Very similar to Jeff Lacy imo stylistically and everything, I wonder if they have ever crossed paths in Florida. Would love to see that.

It was a good test though. Very surprised to see Gonzalez stretch him out like that. I almost predicted Cloud KO 1 because Gonzalez doesn't use his height, Cloud is a very powerful inside fighter and Gonzalez has always been pretty straight up and clumsy. I saw Vitali Kopytko almost KO Gonzalez and have him on queer street just like he was today 3 fights ago so obviously the chin was a bit of a concern but he has great heart and recovery skills and for the most part he kept it tucked tonight.

A lot of things to like from Cloud though, very accurate puncher. That's what impressed me the most, how accurate and resourceful he was. Also some nice body work especially that left to the ribs he landed in the 9th I believe. Some nice leg work and every time I'd seen him in the past he was fighting squared up but he did a nice job firing the right across his body tonight which is big in a division with so many movers like Dawson and Tarver. He's still a while away from that level though. Also had some nice power on the retreat, he let Gonzalez walk inside and then fired the left hook off several times which I found impressive.

Overall a very good test for Cloud and I'm glad Gonzalez was able to go valliantly like that. He's a smart guy with all his wits about him and a house in Huntington Beach, I hope he goes quietly into the night here. He can easily make the transition to broadcasting in English or Spanish, has put on plenty of great fights, would not want to see him take that many clean right hands again.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he probably hits harder than Lacy. Lacy was always more of a clubbing puncher, but well see as the opposition goes up.

I'm not totally sold but there are some things to like, for one he's exciting to watch. He seems to think in there a bit as he didn't always just go all out. I wonder about his stamina cause of his build and how much he puts in to most punches and apparently he does too cause he really stepped off the gas after the sixth like he was worried Gonzalez would just hang around and he'd gas out.

He could jab more, do more body work and he's not horrible defensively but he's going to get his chin checked fighting the way he does so it will be important to see if he's got a solid one. He does some interesting things shoulder turning and throwing the right hand, a bit Toney esque in that regard but if he's not comfortable doing it like Toney was it could get him in trouble and get caught in between.

Being a bit critical but I do like to watch him fight. Maybe a Chris Henry fight a couple fights down the road. Would be a good action fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I just don't think I'm the boxing fan I used to be, I used to watch everything, last night I saw what the undercard was and flipped the channel. May have been a good fight for all I know.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The ref should have stopped it. Prick.
    I thought it was odd how the ref didn't even seem close to stopping it in the fifth or the sixth.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah right now I would place him on that tier with Chris Henry, Shaun George, Diaconu, Mack and a few others. Would like to see him fight any of them really, light heavyweight is shaping up to be interesting.

It's sad that the ESPN boxing season is coming to a close. It never seems to end good either. With real solid cards I mean. Really enjoyable main event but only one undercard bout and actually a good fight but no names in it and when you have 49ers-Raiders, Giants-Dodgers and the Olympic Opening Ceremonies (watched a few minutes of it), it's hard to stick around for Carlos Molina. Luckily for ESPN, Zito was getting roughed up again (gah) and the 49ers 3rd string (practice squad maybe) was getting beat down by the Raiders 3rd string.

Thread Information