19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Romney vs. BO - Tuesday night Election chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Why would you assume I'm not against it across the board? Again, you make no sense and are just throwing forth an assumption.
    I've never seen you take issue with slurs for caucasians in the past. Your video suggests that you don't really think racism applies to white people as well. I'll be holding my breath waiting for your retort the next time a pejorative is used for white people.
    Yea, I can't be in every place in the world it happens at every second, or even on this board for that matter. To assume otherwise is not only short-sighted, but closing in on stupid. But I am involved in these election talks, and I have been for awhile, and this wasn't Mars first time...it was a continuing process. I had hoped if we just all ignored it he would stop, you know, kind of like you do with a child, not support the negative bahavior with a reaction. But he hasn't. So I spoke. Again, your argument carries no weight.

El Kabong Guest

Why would you assume I'm not against it across the board? Again, you make no sense and are just throwing forth an assumption.
    I've never seen you take issue with slurs for caucasians in the past. Your video suggests that you don't really think racism applies to white people as well. I'll be holding my breath waiting for your retort the next time a pejorative is used for white people.
    Yea, I can't be in every place in the world it happens at every second, or even on this board for that matter. To assume otherwise is not only short-sighted, but closing in on stupid. But I am involved in these election talks, and I have been for awhile, and this wasn't Mars first time...it was a continuing process. I had hoped if we just all ignored it he would stop, you know, kind of like you do with a child, not support the negative bahavior with a reaction. But he hasn't. So I spoke. Again, your argument carries no weight.
    So if I said "Obama is half a hillbilly" your reply would be?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol what, that doesn't even make sense. I'll tell you what Lyle, the next time someone calls you a derogatory term, send me a PM and I'll come give my thoughts, much like I did when I defended you when someone suggested you were forever trying to push your religion on people.

El Kabong Guest

lol what, that doesn't even make sense. I'll tell you what Lyle, the next time someone calls you a derogatory term, send me a PM and I'll come give my thoughts, much like I did when I defended you when someone suggested you were forever trying to push your religion on people.
    #1 Barack Obama is biracial: half black & half white, so if I were to call him "half a hillbilly" would it be as racist as someone talking about the half of him that is black?

#2 Religion? When was this? I recall no such thing. I don't push my religion on anyone.

I will let you know when I am called a redneck or hillbilly or cracker again, I'm certain it's on the way

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, someone suggested you did push your religion, and I happened to be there...and jumped in, and said in all my time here I had never seen you do that. I call it like I see it Lyle. It's that simple.

To make the argument that it happens other places and I'm not there to pipe in, is clearly one of the worst arguments I have ever seen. No one can be everywhere. And even if one could, we'd still be wise how to choose our battles. RE: ignore Mars, maybe he'll stop strategy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must go though. I have battles on other fronts to fight! My people need me...

I'll be back later tonight for the butthurt dance when the numbers roll in.

Peace.

El Kabong Guest

Lyle, someone suggested you did push your religion, and I happened to be there...and jumped in, and said in all my time here I had never seen you do that. I call it like I see it Lyle. It's that simple.

To make the argument that it happens other places and I'm not there to pipe in, is clearly one of the worst arguments I have ever seen. No one can be everywhere. And even if one could, we'd still be wise how to choose our battles. RE: ignore Mars, maybe he'll stop strategy.
    Hey man I've been called names all over this website odds are you've seen SOMETHING.

I don't remember the religion bit, but thanks for being there for me.

I just like a common sense approach is all...I voted, I didn't vote for Obama and it's not because he's half black, it's because he sucks as President.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say your initial reponse and posted video are a pretty clear indicator of your indifference to racial remarks made towards whites. But just keep posting that my argument is w/o merit if that makes you feel better.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your argument is without merit. Keep defending racism, if it makes you feel better.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Obama had a tear in his eye, that should swing him a few votes. Mind you, I would shed a tear on occasion if I had to peddle his scripted shite day in day out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your argument is without merit. Keep defending racism, if it makes you feel better.
    Oh how Saul Alinksky of you. What racism did I defend exactly? I simply pointed out the board regularly uses racial slurs and your post suggested that you only think its racist if its about a minority. Unlike you my friend I don't believe in using racial slurs no matter whom they are targeted at.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your point is, It happens. so hey, let's let it happen. Gotcha.

My point is, no, it's not cool. Nor should it be tolerated. And yea, if you keep jumping into arguments when it pops up fighting for it to remain, or try to justify it some way then you are effectively defending racism.

If it doesn't begin in the first place, then we have no problem. So stamp it out at it's source. How fucking hard is that?

So lets talk about how horrible a job the president has done and totally sucks, or what a douchenozzle liar Romney is, ya know, the shit that will really matter in how the economy will recover or how govt works.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Your point is, It happens. so hey, let's let it happen. Gotcha. " No that is not my point.

"And yea, if you keep jumping into arguments when it pops up fighting for it to remain, or try to justify it some way then you are effectively defending racism. " No I didn't defend it or justify it.

YB your entire perception of my posti is incorrect. I in no way endorsed Mars statement. I simply pointed out that the board is a bit hypocritical in regards to slurs to which your response suggested you don't care about pejoratives used for white people.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apples and oranges with that Lyle . Mars here isn't quite so subtle. And this is about the behavior on this board, not what somebody does somewhere else.

Mars,

Sorry about saying marginally. Meant outright racist. People are not being racist for being right or left wing, they are being racist for referring to people by the color of their skin in derogatory ways. Only one brings this shit here is you. We are talking about it because you bring it up. Because you, are a racist. I already know you aren't very bright so I don't expect you to fully grasp the concept, but, ya know...that's just like, as you say, me and my opinion man.

But the good news for you is this. After the next 4 years you likely won't have to worry about a black man in the office any more. The chances are fairly decent it could be a latino or woman.

So i'm a racist who isn't very bright? Gosh youngblood, I can't tell you how much that hurts coming from an ass-raped, race mongering, Canadian liberal.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-07-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well sit tight Mars, it gets better. The Democrats will be in office for 4 more years.

VC,

My point stands. Don't make the racial statements period. Don' look for excuses for it. Don't justify it by quantity or frequency in surroundings, and just don't, first and for most....start it. Then all of us won't be talking or arguing about it.

"OMG white people get racist stuff too!!" Isn't much of an argument which I tried to illustrate, even if it is true to an extent. No, someone calling someone a backwoods no toothed hick is not ok either. So stamp it out, just like where it happened here, and what has been happening, and it stops.

Thread Information