Default Re: Jamie McDonnell's world title fight picked up by Primetime

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I saw this fight from the start. Ceja took 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 with his outstanding body work that was conveniently ignored by the UK announcers. I gave McDonnell 6, 7, 8 and 9th. 10 and 11th were clearly Ceja's. McDonnell took the 12th. 7 rounds to 5. Clearly a Ceja win.
    Haha. Clearly won. 2 Rounds aint clear mate. 1 round scored different to you results in a draw. I didnt see the fight but followed guys on twitter and they seemed to think McDonnell won it easily. One of the quotes was "Ceja's doing a good job of punching thin air. Which, for him, isn't ideal as he's now so far behind on the cards that he needs a stoppage." I doubt your as good at scoring rounds as you think.
    But yet your commenting on the fight. How does that make any sense? Instead of going by what others saw, watch it and make your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Didn't score it round by round but saw a close fight that could have gone either way but was erring on the side of McDonnell.

VD, you are mad calling it a robbery.
    I'm mad? No. I can score. Ricky Hatton's former tag team partner Dave Paris score it 118-110. You gonna tell me McDonnell won by 8 points? Bullshit. Paris filled out his scorecard last night while having dinner at McDonnell house.
    Parris's scorecard is an embarrassment, but lets look at the people who actually watched the fight. One had it even, one for McDonnell but close. You had it for Ceja by 2. Robbery, really?

You should be more British. Even the ones of us that though Martin Murray might have ekked out a decision against Martinez were humble enough to know he wasnt going to get it.
    I could of lived with the draw. It was......Nah, I'm lying. It would of still bothered me. Mainly cuz Ceja went to the body all fight and got zero credit for it. McDonnell fought better than I expected and landed showy punches. But he gave up most of the first rounds by running and doing little. And there's no doubt he lost the 10th and 11th.
    Im going by the opinion of experts. Guys I know make a living from betting on boxing and would be the 1st to say if a decision was wrong. He said the 118 was a joke but equally was the draw.
    That's you. I can't do that. It's actually impossible for me to do that. I need to watch the fight on my own. The only opinion I considered gospel is my own.
    I dont know if your a gambler. I am. And Ive learned that you are not going to be always right, and you need to take the opinion on others into account too. But the "others" you take into account you have to choose carefully.
    I gamble on fights on a regular basis. But I don't bet on fights in which an outsider goes into the UK to fight a UK fighter. So I did not bet on this fight. Andre Dirrell-Carl Froch taught me that lesson.
    Ceja was decent fav for this fight. I backed McDonnell on points at 3/1

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw this fight from the start. Ceja took 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 with his outstanding body work that was conveniently ignored by the UK announcers. I gave McDonnell 6, 7, 8 and 9th. 10 and 11th were clearly Ceja's. McDonnell took the 12th. 7 rounds to 5. Clearly a Ceja win.
    Haha. Clearly won. 2 Rounds aint clear mate. 1 round scored different to you results in a draw. I didnt see the fight but followed guys on twitter and they seemed to think McDonnell won it easily. One of the quotes was "Ceja's doing a good job of punching thin air. Which, for him, isn't ideal as he's now so far behind on the cards that he needs a stoppage." I doubt your as good at scoring rounds as you think.
    But yet your commenting on the fight. How does that make any sense? Instead of going by what others saw, watch it and make your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Didn't score it round by round but saw a close fight that could have gone either way but was erring on the side of McDonnell.

I'm mad? No. I can score. Ricky Hatton's former tag team partner Dave Paris score it 118-110. You gonna tell me McDonnell won by 8 points? Bullshit. Paris filled out his scorecard last night while having dinner at McDonnell house.
    Parris's scorecard is an embarrassment, but lets look at the people who actually watched the fight. One had it even, one for McDonnell but close. You had it for Ceja by 2. Robbery, really?

You should be more British. Even the ones of us that though Martin Murray might have ekked out a decision against Martinez were humble enough to know he wasnt going to get it.
    I could of lived with the draw. It was......Nah, I'm lying. It would of still bothered me. Mainly cuz Ceja went to the body all fight and got zero credit for it. McDonnell fought better than I expected and landed showy punches. But he gave up most of the first rounds by running and doing little. And there's no doubt he lost the 10th and 11th.
    Im going by the opinion of experts. Guys I know make a living from betting on boxing and would be the 1st to say if a decision was wrong. He said the 118 was a joke but equally was the draw.
    That's you. I can't do that. It's actually impossible for me to do that. I need to watch the fight on my own. The only opinion I considered gospel is my own.
    I dont know if your a gambler. I am. And Ive learned that you are not going to be always right, and you need to take the opinion on others into account too. But the "others" you take into account you have to choose carefully.
    I gamble on fights on a regular basis. But I don't bet on fights in which an outsider goes into the UK to fight a UK fighter. So I did not bet on this fight. Andre Dirrell-Carl Froch taught me that lesson.
    Ceja was decent fav for this fight. I backed McDonnell on points at 3/1
    Fight would of took place anywhere else I would of put some money on it. Paris ridiculous 118-110 scorecard proved to me the fight was already decided before it took place. And it wasn't just this one either. Stuart Hall-Sergio Perales was a close back and forth fight. Yet 2 judges had Hall winning by 6 points. 6 fucking points. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

118-110 is a joke for sure. But the result itself is not a robbery.
    The thing is, I saw a close fight, but didn't score round by round, which maybe if I did I might have had Ceja by a couple of rounds or vice versa. Early on though I was really impressed with Ceja, and at just 20 years old, he still deserves a lot of credit.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Thread Information