Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 03 Wladimir Klitchksco VS Joe Frazier

Look Spicoli for an individual example I would agree with you, the size and weight might not mean jack shit if the opponent is bummy.

But 30 fucking fights is what I call representative. Shavers KO'd nothing but bums also so they are even when it comes to quality at the least!

I am not even a Wilder fan but your a fool if you think his power is not real!.
    Funny you will allow Shaver's to pass by KOing such flimsy opposition but you would not do the same for Wilder.

Typical OTNB bias!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You know I read the article and honestly I've no real objection to those arguments. They override the "size" factor for modern HW boxers somewhat with credible reasoning leaving only skills and conditioning as factors.

It is interesting but also not especially relevant since "size" was only a single factor in my argument for the HW's and also were they to have been especially competitive with their sizing up we must remember thay would have different balance and would not even really BE the same boxer.

When I argue Louis couldn't beat Lewis I don't mean a suped up giant Louis, I mean the actual real Joe Louis.

But the article was interesting

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Look Spicoli for an individual example I would agree with you, the size and weight might not mean jack shit if the opponent is bummy.

But 30 fucking fights is what I call representative. Shavers KO'd nothing but bums also so they are even when it comes to quality at the least!

Funny you will allow Shaver's to pass by KOing such flimsy opposition but you would not do the same for Wilder.

Typical OTNB bias!
    Shavers was never in the conversation for me. Oh I agree, his power is 'real' but only to the extent of the 'flimsy' opposition both had faced. It's no indication of who hit harder. When you start throwing around meaningless ko percentages and Wilder facing legit heavies and Shavers not to make your case earlier, that's when it gets blurry in bias on your own behalf.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko by Ko, Frazier thought Ali had a great jab and thought Foreman could punched......Well Klitschko could do both very well and is a mountain of a man.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

Typical OTNB bias!
    Shavers was never in the conversation for me. Oh I agree, his power is 'real' but only to the extent of the 'flimsy' opposition both had faced. It's no indication of who hit harder. When you start throwing around meaningless ko percentages and Wilder facing legit heavies and Shavers not to make your case earlier, that's when it gets blurry in bias on your own behalf.
    Well I'm sorry but I think the weight of the opponents and their records at bout time are very important indicators of " the difference in quality" over so many fights.

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information