0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch vs Jean Pascal Quality Fight So Far

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    I thought it was a brilliant fight.

Both should be praised for fighting their bollocks off.

It was closer than the scorecards but the right man won. Well done big nose.
    Great entertaining figt that answered a lot of Q's. Froch has a very good chin, but little defensive capabilities, he has decent power but isn't the wrechink machine that his fans wanted everyone to believe. He's shown that he belongs competing with the best in the division.

IMO he'd be the clear underdog against Kess. 50/50 with Bute, with the advantage going with the home fighter, and also 50/50 with Taylor (I reckon Taylor is more skilled but won't be able to take Carl out.)
    The funny thing is, we all ready knew his strengths and weaknesses.. they were just highlighted by the higher calibre fighter...

His chin has always looked solid at lower level.. and now passed the test in higher class.

His defence has always looked awful.. and got totally exposed as that in higher class.

His power has always been decent without looking dynamite.. which showed in higher class.

I reckon Kessler would slaughter him. He has a good chance against the others though.
    I agree. I wasn't sold on his chin before the weekend, and his defence was actually worse than I anticipated against the higher caliber opponent. Rozzy sean is right when he says Froch isn't with the upper echelon of the sport, but neither are Bute/Andrade, which gives him a good shot of beating them. But he simply hasn't got the much vaunted power to take out Kess and no way he wins a decision. Every single time Pascal threw a wild hayemaher from the outside he bloody landed it.

Pascal was gracious in defeat as well, he accepted that he lost without bullshit in his interview, while he pointed out the scoring should have been closer. And he was rioght, the 118-110 score was criminal considering the man's effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great entertaining figt that answered a lot of Q's. Froch has a very good chin, but little defensive capabilities, he has decent power but isn't the wrechink machine that his fans wanted everyone to believe. He's shown that he belongs competing with the best in the division.

IMO he'd be the clear underdog against Kess. 50/50 with Bute, with the advantage going with the home fighter, and also 50/50 with Taylor (I reckon Taylor is more skilled but won't be able to take Carl out.)
    The funny thing is, we all ready knew his strengths and weaknesses.. they were just highlighted by the higher calibre fighter...

His chin has always looked solid at lower level.. and now passed the test in higher class.

His defence has always looked awful.. and got totally exposed as that in higher class.

His power has always been decent without looking dynamite.. which showed in higher class.

I reckon Kessler would slaughter him. He has a good chance against the others though.
    I agree. I wasn't sold on his chin before the weekend, and his defence was actually worse than I anticipated against the higher caliber opponent. Rozzy sean is right when he says Froch isn't with the upper echelon of the sport, but neither are Bute/Andrade, which gives him a good shot of beating them. But he simply hasn't got the much vaunted power to take out Kess and no way he wins a decision. Every single time Pascal threw a wild hayemaher from the outside he bloody landed it.

Pascal was gracious in defeat as well, he accepted that he lost without bullshit in his interview, while he pointed out the scoring should have been closer. And he was rioght, the 118-110 score was criminal considering the man's effort.
    He would have a shot to beat beat Andrade or Bute, but he's certainly not a class above them. Bute is a far superior boxer who has faced much better competition than Froch. I'd make Bute a pretty big favorite. Froch against Andrade would be interesting, but can you see Froch taking Andrade's shots as well has he took Pascal's? Those wild haymaker you mentioned, what if those had been from Andrade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight. 118 - 110 my ass - what fight was that judge watching haven't seen much of Froch, he sure is a dirty fighter. Lots of holding and hitting, leaning on the head, hitting behind the head etc. Was a good fight though.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    He seemed nervous and I think that slowed him uo. At times he seemed to be fighting very stiff and straight up with little defence. ..
    He has always fought like this, thats what I mean when I say hes slow footed, often left out of position by his opponents, hes posing and left looking at thin air then loads a big shot that misses wildly while he pulls his witch face.

Its just that against someone who wasnt smaller and past it, it was highlighted.

Joe would make it look like the Lacy fight with the amount of shots hed land.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great scrap, only problem was it clashed with the Audley fight

I'd prefer to see Froch use his jab in an orthadox manner, its hit or miss with that flick from the waist, looks tired too. Great chin shown by both, thought Pascal was there for the taking at times but he dug in well. Froch deffo looked hurt at times too. Think someone like Calzaghe or Kessler would make both look pretty ordinary to be honest.

Great win though, well done Froch.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post

He would have a shot to beat beat Andrade or Bute, but he's certainly not a class above them. Bute is a far superior boxer who has faced much better competition than Froch. I'd make Bute a pretty big favorite. Froch against Andrade would be interesting, but can you see Froch taking Andrade's shots as well has he took Pascal's? Those wild haymaker you mentioned, what if those had been from Andrade?
    100% agree …I don’t see Cobra winning more than 1 or 2 rounds in a Kessler fight and I’d go 60/40 on Bute or Taylor, they already proved they can handle tough opposition if are not hard pressed.
    With Andrade is another story, there are not just those wild haymaker, I have also some doubts that Froch has the stamina to keep the pace , it would be a good fight though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love fights like this. They bring a tear to my eye.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The other thing about Froch is that he dosent like to go to the Body as much as id like.

Every time Pascal bent low (way below the waist most times) i was screaming at Froch to dig in with the Left Down stairs.

Froch Neglected the left hook mostly of teh fight. Considering the fact he holds that hand so low, how pointless is that
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iwng100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post

100% agree …I don’t see Cobra winning more than 1 or 2 rounds in a Kessler fight and I’d go 60/40 on Bute or Taylor, they already proved they can handle tough opposition if are not hard pressed.
    With Andrade is another story, there are not just those wild haymaker, I have also some doubts that Froch has the stamina to keep the pace , it would be a good fight though.
    Even with andrade's poor technical abilities he'll be landing on Froch regularly. Would be a hell of a brawl and a bit of a pick 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post

Just watched the fight. 118 - 110 my ass - what fight was that judge watching haven't seen much of Froch, he sure is a dirty fighter. Lots of holding and hitting, leaning on the head, hitting behind the head etc. Was a good fight though.
    Its called boxing clever and using the best of your abilitys to gain an advantage.

Froch is one of the smartest fighters in the game that fights with his head rather than through sheer brute strength.

I scored it 116-112 the 1st time and 117-111 when i watched it again last night.

Though he really has gotta get out of that habit of getting caught on the inside when he trys to tie his man up!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good fight.

Froch didn't really impress me, No defense at ALL!!!

he did deserve the win though, he outworked Pascal in the second half of the fight. Judges scores were abit too wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Its called boxing clever and using the best of your abilitys to gain an advantage.

Froch is one of the smartest fighters in the game that fights with his head rather than through sheer brute strength.

I scored it 116-112 the 1st time and 117-111 when i watched it again last night.

Though he really has gotta get out of that habit of getting caught on the inside when he trys to tie his man up!!

Funny guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

Funny guy.

Yes because froch has got to get where he is by being blessed with amazing strength and a chin made out of iron

If youve ever heard the man chat about the sport you`ll soon realise he is one of the most intelligent guys inside the ring and out of it!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny guy.

Yes because froch has got to get where he is by being blessed with amazing strength and a chin made out of iron

If youve ever heard the man chat about the sport you`ll soon realise he is one of the most intelligent guys inside the ring and out of it!!
    Maybe just maybe Froch got where he is by fighting bums.

Froch was getting outboxed by Pascal until Pascal got tired.

He hasn't shown me anything that makes me believe he is a smart fighter, If he is as smart as you make out why hasnt he worked on his seriously flawed defense.

Plus Froch's so called dangerous power was no where to be seen against Pascal.

Froch's power = Overated.

Froch gets outboxed by Kessler, Bute and Taylor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny guy.

I agree he's intelligent outside the ring, but I'm not sure where you get the idea that he applies that brain once he steps inside the ropes.

Thread Information