Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Winner?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Tyson would bob and weave his way inside and have that clumsy giant stumbling all over the place. Vitali would get his ass kicked by a prime tyson. Dude is so overrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter View Post
    Well first off, the 6'5" Biggs was on Crack when he fought Tyson and never had the punching power to give Tyson any concern, so this is not a realistic comparison. The 6'5" Tucker was a good heavyweight that gave Tyson a very competitive fight only losing by 3 rounds on the cards. Tucker's greatest victory was over Buster Douglas and he really never beat any top tier fighter. Tucker was hardly in VK's class and actually the Tucker fight is a great argument for a VK victory over Tyson ..... With another 2 1/2 inches and far more punching power than Tucker, I'm beginning to believe Vitali knocks Mike out....
    are you kidding me? Tucker was a very decent speed fighter. SO many wins until he finally got beat and lost his way, and he only fought poorly against Tyson because he had broken his hand during the fight.

Tucker was one of the boxers who had the skill to take out Tyson. Tucker would be way too ahead of the plodding Vitali.
    Last edited by RohanKnight; 10-18-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko had a prime?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TYson knocks him out, vitali is to slow to land anything good, i think speed plays a major factor in this fight, considering how fast tyyson was, how elusive he was, and how slow and wide open vitali is

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by landmine950 View Post
    Klitschko had a prime?
    I have seen that back before are you TysonBruno?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta put my opinion in here. Vitali wins this one , hands down. Seriously, when was Vitali really defeated? He got injured agaisnt Byrd and a cut agaisnt Lewis.

Prime Vitali ( whenever it would be) , knocks out Tyson in a tough fought fight. Vitali is much more crafty then some may think.

Vitali KO in the later rounds,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    I gotta put my opinion in here. Vitali wins this one , hands down. Seriously, when was Vitali really defeated? He got injured agaisnt Byrd and a cut agaisnt Lewis.

Prime Vitali ( whenever it would be) , knocks out Tyson in a tough fought fight. Vitali is much more crafty then some may think.

wel, I wouldnt rule out a Vitali win entirely, but the man is way to slow to stay out of range of Tyson for long. Think Larry Holmes's efforts to take Tyson on, and Laryy was far better than Vitali at keeping people at bay. That would be Vitali, he would start well but be unable to fend off Tysons speed.

Psychologically of course the two fighters couldnt be more different - Tyson was ready to implode and Vitali is mentally solid - that offers Vitali some advantage too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RohanKnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post

wel, I wouldnt rule out a Vitali win entirely, but the man is way to slow to stay out of range of Tyson for long. Think Larry Holmes's efforts to take Tyson on, and Laryy was far better than Vitali at keeping people at bay. That would be Vitali, he would start well but be unable to fend off Tysons speed.

Psychologically of course the two fighters couldnt be more different - Tyson was ready to implode and Vitali is mentally solid - that offers Vitali some advantage too.

Larry Holmes was 39 m8. 39 and looking old. Vitali is totally different even at 39. Not that I would pick a prime Vitali agaisnt a prime Holmes. Vitali in his prime was stronger than now, faster, and had a good chin. IMO its a disaster fight for Tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

although I agree.. I know that Bert Sugar didn't :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AHHHHH this is a tough one...
    Vitali is my fav atm but...let's see what each fighter has.
    Vitali: Height, range, power, decent speed, no footwork, unique stance, solid chin
    Mike: No height, shorter range, power, Fast tempo, good footwork, peekaboo, IRON

Verdict...I'd go with Tyson.

Vitali's too slow of a fighter to even keep up with Tyson. No footwork really kills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would slightly favour Tyson he has the speed to get inside and do damage with the body shots then the right hand to the head i think he slowly wears Vitali down either winning a ud or corner pulls Vitali out.Tyson had great speed and head movement and Vitali isnt the fastest and isnt hard to hit.

But could never rule out Vitali's akwardness and that chopping right hand which would of been alot harder if he connects with Tyson rushing in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali by Knock Out. Tyson was mentally weak
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali Klitschko by mostly dominant performance but including several wild shootouts making for very entertaining fight for all types of fans and likely resulting in a knock out.

Despite Tyson having his obvious punchers chance winning by KO for him is a little out of reality considering prime Mike was challenged by big tall fighters with skills such as Tony Tucker, tied up by James Smith and wasted by James Douglas, Vitali being on another level than these guys.

Tyson will certainly be a unique challenge for Vitali but Vitali has proven beyond much doubt for me he could weather the Tyson storm and belt out a victory almost always.

Let's look at the facts...

Vitali on the whole defeated a better list of opponents than Mike...

Vitali- Not one single clear loss on his record, never been behind on pts in any fight, never lost more than 2 rounds in any fight.

Tyson- Diminutive compared to Vitali, was challenged several times by opponents Vitali would have wasted in a round or 2, reputation was built upon mainly KO'ing bums and smaller than self opponents (his performance dropped rapidly as size and quality of opposition increased) and he was wasted by bums!

Tyson is definitely right up there but I can't see him beating Vitali.

Vitali KO9

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Max you are wrong, Vitlai would have injured his right bicep and quit in the 8th round.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha well there is always that chance his fragile skin could begin bleeding or he could pop a joint out or tear a muscle so I guess so Tyson has bonus chances I suppose LOL

Man Vitali has been, unlike his brother, involved in some hefty brawls and dominant performances. He seems to never live down his colourful past! I have pardoned him since those days.

Thread Information