Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

I think Wilders as vulnerable as the next guy, but is the division really locked down? Everyone is full of holes and a big punch makes you as likely as the next guy to take over, imo. I'd pick Tyson Fury over most anyone in the division, but it also wouldn't at all surprise me to see him get chinned.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder-Artur Szpilka/Martin-Glazkov - Saturday/SKY Sports/Showtime. Fact.

Anything can happen at a weight were you got guys that 230 pluse and have enough power to end your life if the wanted to . Hw is one of the hardest classes in general because you can have all the talent in a world a guy who is 230 and lands well on you and it is good night.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It`s also the division where you are least likely to have all the talent in the world, though. Literally nobody is any good at HW right now, it`s kind of funny.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is power and size can make up for lack of talent though. I mean there a reason people cut weight and not many succeed when they move up there has been very few guys. I mean look at Wilder skill does not even matter because shot from him and your dead power changes things.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You both make the same point that power and size make up for the lack of boxing skill in the heavyweight division.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    The thing is power and size can make up for lack of talent though. I mean there a reason people cut weight and not many succeed when they move up there has been very few guys. I mean look at Wilder skill does not even matter because shot from him and your dead power changes things.

The reason fighters cut weight is for a strength advantage to mask any skill disadvantage.

Heavyweight is probably the most honest division because no one has an "unfair" advantage. Everyone knows where they stand. If size masked skill Wach would have beaten Klitschko and Povetkin.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was his point, what's the about. I don't think anyone would claim Tyson Fury doesn't have solid boxing skills for a man so big, we get it.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That little sick face smilie got there by accident. Dont take offence at it!

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weird way for Martin to become a heavyweight champ. He looks ripe for the picking, and you can imagine considering the average nature of many of today's HW's that the queue to fight him is probably already building like a bunch of bargain hunters drooling outside a Black Friday sale.

Wilder, as has been noted, does seem to be neutered by trying to make him into something he is not. That said, you can't question his stopping power and mentally he has proved himself patient and capable. Fury, Ortiz, Wlad, would be fun and even a relatively untested Joshua or an inactive Haye would be very interesting.

If Wilder fights Povetkin we may never get to find out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it is all good ross i was kinda confuse though because what you said is what i pretty much see. I mean people talk about skills in hw but at the same time reigning while is hard in a division were guys with less skill can knock you fuck out more then any division there has been.

Thread Information