Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Erdei targets Tarver!

April 2008 has been the month of the light heavyweight. With four major fights the preceding two weekends (Tarver-Woods, Dawson-Johnson, Calzaghe-Hopkins, Diaconu-Henry) already in the books, the final piece of the light heavyweight puzzle will be showcased on Saturday in Dresden when unbeaten WBO light heavyweight champion Zsolt Erdei (28-0, 17 KOs) sees action. "I want the biggest fights," says Erdei, who earlier this week boldly proclaimed he is the fastest fighter in the division. First, however, Erdei needs to take care of business against #4 rated DeAndrey Abron (15-1, 10 KOs) in his tenth world title defense.

"Right now the only important thing is the fight against DeAndrey Abron," said 'The Firebird,' who couldn't resist revealing the next foe he would like to face. "We'll see how serious IBF/IBO world champion Antonio Tarver is about his announcement that he wants to unify the titles," challenged Erdei. "He hasn't come to me yet. So if not now, when?" Getting big fights hasn't been easy for the popular Hungarian. Earlier this year, Universum tried to arrange a unification clash with WBA champion Danny Green, however that was scuttled when Green surprisingly retired. Also, an unspecified offer to fight from the U.S. was rejected due to the purse being deemed insufficient for Erdei, who commonly attracts over one million viewers on German TV.

Source: fightnews.com

Hopefully Tarver/Erdei will happen...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Erdei targets Tarver!

Tarver is sitting around his house probably with a group of friends watching his old fights on mute (so he can hear himself talk), while another guy is preparing for the fight of his life somewhere. The guy preparing himself for saturday is the guy erdei should be worrying about. Dawson should fight tarver so tell erdei to stop giving him another reason not to.
    Last edited by Mar; 04-25-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was surprised how good Tarver looked v Woods. Altho he is a dick he did turn back the clock a bit and show how good he can be on his day. I think he takes beats Erdei easy. Erdei has never really impressed me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be perhaps the slowest pace fight at 175 imaginable, I don't have any interest in watching it personally, It should happen, just for unification's sake though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    I was surprised how good Tarver looked v Woods. Altho he is a dick he did turn back the clock a bit and show how good he can be on his day. I think he takes beats Erdei easy. Erdei has never really impressed me.

Tarver might beat Erdei,but it won't be easy at all if he gets it done at all...
    I'm not impressed with Erdeis opposition,but I think he has it in him to beat every LHW out there...His power and chin aren't the best(but far from crap...),but his speed and skill are amazing IMO(yeah thats right... I'm a fan and probably the only one on this forum ...)...He just needs a real challenge and so far he has taken his opponents too lightly and didn't show his full potential...If he beats his opponent tomorrow I really hoping that a big name will come next(and yes I'm aware that if he looses tomorrow this post will make me look pretty stupid...)...if not Tarver than Johnson or Dawson or RJJ...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post

Tarver might beat Erdei,but it won't be easy at all if he gets it done at all...
    I'm not impressed with Erdeis opposition,but I think he has it in him to beat every LHW out there...His power and chin aren't the best(but far from crap...),but his speed and skill are amazing IMO(yeah thats right... I'm a fan and probably the only one on this forum ...)...He just needs a real challenge and so far he has taken his opponents too lightly and didn't show his full potential...If he beats his opponent tomorrow I really hoping that a big name will come next(and yes I'm aware that if he looses tomorrow this post will make me look pretty stupid...)...if not Tarver than Johnson or Dawson or RJJ...
    Hey mate thanks for the rep. As for Green i dont think he comes outta retirement. Probably a good thing on reflection, the LHW division is stacked and i think there are maybe 4 or 5 guys who'd beat Green, or it would take his best effort to beat them. Have rep back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    This would be perhaps the slowest pace fight at 175 imaginable, I don't have any interest in watching it personally, It should happen, just for unification's sake though.
    I don't know...Erdei usually fights at a normal pace and Tarver would be forced to go along...But both guys will probably start cautious...

Hey mate thanks for the rep. As for Green i dont think he comes outta retirement. Probably a good thing on reflection, the LHW division is stacked and i think there are maybe 4 or 5 guys who'd beat Green, or it would take his best effort to beat them. Have rep back.
    Thats a shame...I think we both would have loved a match between Erdei and Green...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I don't know...Erdei usually fights at a normal pace and Tarver would be forced to go along...But both guys will probably start cautious...

Thats a shame...I think we both would have loved a match between Erdei and Green...
    Erdei's boxing against Green's power could have made for a good fight. Green struggles against handspeed, and Erdei has a suspect chin so it would nearly be a pick em.

Erdei wins in Germany, Green owuld win in oz haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Tarver is sitting around his house probably with a group of friends watching his old fights on mute (so he can hear himself talk), while another guy is preparing for the fight of his life somewhere. The guy preparing himself for saturday is the guy erdei should be worrying about. Dawson should fight tarver so tell erdei to stop giving him another reason not to.

take it your a dawson fanboy then? coz' erdei is the one who should get the shot at tarver and dawson. He is one of the best at LHW, prolly third behind joe and hopkins.

They all been ducking erdei for years, it's easy for them, guy comes from hungry, aint making headlines in the states so there aint no preasure for them to go get their ass beat by him.

Thread Information