Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I did say a prime Mayweather would beat Golovkin with ease, absolutely tailor made for Floyd, zero head movement would have made it 12 rounds of target practise for Floyd.

Baffles me why people hate on Mayweather, the guy was an incredible fighter and his record speaks for itself.

1. "He can have heart, he can hit harder and he can be stronger, but there's no fighter smarter than me."
      —Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    At middleweight? No way. P4P yes but not at middleweight even in his prime!

No hate just reality.

It is like saying Floyd could beat Hagler or even Tyson. Just not possible.
    Don't be fucking silly. How is it like saying he could beat Tyson?
    In his prime, it is not inconceivable to suggest that Floyd probably would've beaten GGG. And Hagler and GGG are very different fighters.
    You let your hatred of Floyd distort your opinion of him as a Boxer.
    I think Floyd used to be a twat, but you have to respect his quality.
    It is inconceivable that prime Floyd at whatever weight you chose can beat a quality middleweight like GGG. Stop being a muppet on this issue.
    I'm not being a muppet. I'm a GGG fan and he's dominated the MW Division for some time now.
    But there's no denying his opposition has been poor.
    Floyd beat a lot of great fighters albeit at lower than MW, but GGG is not a giant MW in height or size.
    I could just see GGG Walking Floyd down like he does and getting tagged every time. Yeah, he'd brush them off and they wouldn't hurt him, but he may get frustrated and not have a plan B. Not dissimilar to the Jacobs fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd haters keep saying he ducked GGG

Like i said size wouldn't have come into it at all, easy win for Floyd due to Golovkins static head, Floyd would have beaten him with speed and boxing ability, whipping him on points.......... for the distance if necessary

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I did say a prime Mayweather would beat Golovkin with ease, absolutely tailor made for Floyd, zero head movement would have made it 12 rounds of target practise for Floyd.

Baffles me why people hate on Mayweather, the guy was an incredible fighter and his record speaks for itself.

1. "He can have heart, he can hit harder and he can be stronger, but there's no fighter smarter than me."
      —Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    At middleweight? No way. P4P yes but not at middleweight even in his prime!

No hate just reality.

It is like saying Floyd could beat Hagler or even Tyson. Just not possible.
    Don't be fucking silly. How is it like saying he could beat Tyson?
    In his prime, it is not inconceivable to suggest that Floyd probably would've beaten GGG. And Hagler and GGG are very different fighters.
    You let your hatred of Floyd distort your opinion of him as a Boxer.
    I think Floyd used to be a twat, but you have to respect his quality.
    It is inconceivable that prime Floyd at whatever weight you chose can beat a quality middleweight like GGG. Stop being a muppet on this issue.
    I'm not being a muppet. I'm a GGG fan and he's dominated the MW Division for some time now.
    But there's no denying his opposition has been poor.
    Floyd beat a lot of great fighters albeit at lower than MW, but GGG is not a giant MW in height or size.
    I could just see GGG Walking Floyd down like he does and getting tagged every time. Yeah, he'd brush them off and they wouldn't hurt him, but he may get frustrated and not have a plan B. Not dissimilar to the Jacobs fight.
    You are an absolute cunt of the highest order. Never ever write shit like this again.

(I am pissed that Floyd is coming back and boxing again so do not play with me.)
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you base Floyd beating Golovkin on the Jacobs fight - a 6'1 quick middleweight with a reach advantage that fights nothing like Floyd - then equally you have to consider Floyd "losing" to Castilo.

So based on how easily a 5'7, "slow" lightweight was able to pressure Floyd then a 5'11 middleweight with a longer reach, fantastic jab, bone crunching power and a granite strong bonce would absolutely kill him.

Yeah.. I wonder why Floyd never attempted winning a middleweight title.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If you base Floyd beating Golovkin on the Jacobs fight - a 6'1 quick middleweight with a reach advantage that fights nothing like Floyd - then equally you have to consider Floyd "losing" to Castilo.

So based on how easily a 5'7, "slow" lightweight was able to pressure Floyd then a 5'11 middleweight with a longer reach, fantastic jab, bone crunching power and a granite strong bonce would absolutely kill him.

Jacobs ain't 6ft 1 and GGG is not 5ft 11. I don't care what the "Stats" say, we know they're bollocks.
    Jacobs is about 6 foot and I know that's a lot taller than Floyd, but Floyd makes up for that with his defensive skills , reactions and counter punching.
    GGG is about 5ft 9 I would say. No doubt Floyd wouldn't have felt the power anything like GGG possessed , but I do believe he could avoid that for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs ain't 6ft 1 and GGG is not 5ft 11. I don't care what the "Stats" say, we know they're bollocks.
    Jacobs is about 6 foot and I know that's a lot taller than Floyd, but Floyd makes up for that with his defensive skills , reactions and counter punching.
    GGG is about 5ft 9 I would say. No doubt Floyd wouldn't have felt the power anything like GGG possessed , but I do believe he could avoid that for 12 rounds.
    I thought you were messing about but you are seriously deluded. Why didn't Floyd try and win a middleweight title if it was that easy. Floyd barely beat an old Oscar because the jab was causing him issues. GGG would wreck him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought you were messing about but you are seriously deluded. Why didn't Floyd try and win a middleweight title if it was that easy. Floyd barely beat an old Oscar because the jab was causing him issues. GGG would wreck him.
    Who said it would be easy, you fucking fool?
    I just think that the very fact people actually wanted to see it happen is testament to how good Floyd was.
    I never wanted to see it because although I believe he would have won, I think it was a bit of a circus show and I don't think Floyd needed to prove anything to anyone, especially clowns like you that want to see it in the hope that he would lose!
    He had no reason to take the risk. At the time, GGG Wasn't big money.
    All I'm saying is that PRIME FOR PRIME I think Floyd would've edged it.
    And if he wanted a MW Belt, he wouldn't have had to fight GGG, he could've offered Cotto big dough and would've taken his strap.
    It's only idiots like you that get all hissy about his achievements and try to denigrate them.
    You should really let him go. You hated him, you wanted to see him lose and you're not gonna get the satisfaction because he ain't coming back!
    Get over it and move on with your life.
    Start hating somebody else if you need that in your life.😉

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine if GGG was naturally 147.

Just imagine.

Weight classes are there for a reason.

GGG was closer in weight to Andre Ward than Floyd is to GGG.

GGG completely ducked Ward so Ward stepped up and fought the best at light heavy.

I don't blame GGG for ducking Ward as there is much more money on the table against Canelo and unifying the division..your heroes can't fight everyone.

Floyd is 40 years old and left the sport looking 29 years old..he's rich and takes no punishment to no one.

He beat Pac, Canelo and Cotto on a C+ performance..just accept it and stop dragging him back to risk a loss.

2 years from now when Spence is running the division will we say that Floyd is ducking Spence?

Stones and glass houses don't mix.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't give a shit about the weight difference between Golovkin and Mayweather, people are chatting shit like it's never been achieved before in the history of Boxing, it has been and plenty of times where a guy from a smaller weight has moved up through the weights to win world titles.
    I love Golovkin (but he's far from the Superhero a lot of people seem to think he is) he's been an absolute breath of fresh air compared to the way Mayweathers fights (post Hatton) panned out, but he would have been dealt with exactly the same way as Floyd dealt with Canelo, he'd be chasing Floyd around the ring for 12 rounds, completely bemused and air conditioning the venue with his fists.
    Way too Slick, Smart and defensively brilliant to get caught or stand and trade, yes it would have been boring to watch but he'd have absolutely fucking toyed with him.
    I think peoples hate of Floyd is pretty pathetic if i'm honest and when it completely blinds them to the fact he was an utter genius in the ring it's actually laughable.

History proves beyond any doubt at all that smaller fighters can and have beaten bigger fighters at 5,6 or even 7 weights above them.

Thread Information