Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan v John Murray??

I think Khan will be found out as soon as he has been put in with someone who is game and is A good fighter, he has fought two game europeans who were just game fighters who were over the hill and nothing special, and Khan looked very normal this power he supposed to have was non existant, and i love his interview afterwards where he said something on the lines of i proved i have a decent chin? WTF!! The guy had never knocked anyone out in his pro career, but Khan thinks that was his acid test?? Khan will be knocked the F*** out imo, but Warren knows this and will carry on milking the British Publics money billing him to be the next big thing in World boxing, id love to see him in with Murray, where for my money he would come unstuck.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Kahn v John Murray??

Did you notice on Saturday night that every time he got into a decent exchange he was first to back away every time and especially in the latter rounds.
    He's no way ready for a Thaxton imo at present and yeah he could dance round him and pick him off but as he tired Thaxton would just walk through him and knock him out.
    10 rounds with a game opponent would be catastophic for him at present but the Hype he himself has put on his own shoulders is now out of control but Warren won't buckle and i can't see him risking his hot shot fighter in a lose-able scrap any time soon.
    Should we maybe not be praising him for fighting a Light Welter and coming through it (and the full 10 rounds)?
    One thing i do know is that the top boys in the division can bang and i just can't see Amir staying with any of them chin for chin

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray didn't look to good the other night. Although probably down to a lack of motivation fighting Smith again.

Khans fight was a good piece of matchmaking. At least Drilzane came with some ambition.

I reckon Khan gets mullered once he fights someone decent that can punch, but at least he showed he can go the rounds at a decent clip...He also, to me, looks as though it's gonna take him a long time before he makes the boxing transition from boy to man...Thaxton would of killed him the other night, no?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup

Should we maybe not be praising him for fighting a Light Welter and coming through it (and the full 10 rounds)?
    I have been

To much focus on the negatives at present. This is a boxing forum and we of all people should be capable of getting past all the talk and hype and see things the way they are. Amir is 20 years old with ten fights under his belt and a fringe title. He has been brought along no different to many other prospects and is doing well. These concerns over his chin keep circling like vultures and will not go away until someone gets the chance to say I told you so. Personally I dont see a problem with his chin at present and I dont know why anyone else would. Has he been out on his feet in any fights? Its no good saying "he will be in trouble when he fights a big puncher" Just about everyone is in trouble when they face a big puncher, its how they deal with them that counts, my money says that Amir deals with them far more sensibly than he does the Drilzanes of the world

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough Memphis

But remember, he's not just some other prospect...Obviously for a kid that turned pro as a star his career is under much closer scrutiny.

You think he beats Earl already?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I accept that he is under closer scrutiny than others and thats OK, they have made a rod for their own backs with that one and cant complain when punters want prime time opposition to go along with the TV slot.

I say yes. If he is as good as we are told he should wipe the floor with him.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    this power he supposed to have was non existant,
    ive never been sold on his power if you look at most of Khans stoppage wins you will notice that NOT ALL BUT nearly all were stopped because of the amount of shots he throw rather than the opponent accually being hurt

most of the time the opponents are like WTF was that stopped for... thought the same thing was gonna happen when he threw his flurry in this fight just gone but luckly they had a ref who knew what he was looking at

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that goes both ways though, a few of those blokes could have carried on but a few more were probably glad the referee was stepping in. Not hurt, just unable to cope.

Skel who said Amir had power? He may be 20 but he is still a boy when it comes to punching.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good thread,Amir has certainly got everyones attention

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some views from a possible future Khan opponents camp
    http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport...A45%3A13%3A980

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Casamayor
    Juan Diaz
    Julio Diaz
    Freitas

EBU shot anyone?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Romanov is the European champ. Would see him having far to much for Khan. (Think only inactivity cost Romanov the Earl fight, although Earl fought his best fight and deserved it)

I don't think Khans ready for Earl yet either.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I meant for Thaxton Fenster.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ahahaaa

Yeah i guess starting a list with Casamayor was a slight clue

Thaxton was being lined up to fight Freitas just a few months back. Thaxton-Romanov would be a good fight.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was that when Freitas couldnt make his mind up who he wanted to fight and at what weight?

Probably a blessing in disguise

Charley Burley

Thread Information