Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fury: UK fans don't understand boxing, Johnson a top 5 Heavyweight

Just another Tyson Fury is dickhead interview. It is beyond me how people can be a fan of this muppet.

Tyson Fury: Price Has No Heart, Maloney is a Tosser! - Boxing News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury: UK fans don't understand boxing, Johnson a top 5 Heavyweight

I don't even think Kevin Johnson is in the top five heavyweights called Kevin Johnson. There's a fat bloke in my local pub with that name who has a slightly higher punch output after a few jars of stella.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post
    I don't even think Kevin Johnson is in the top five heavyweights called Kevin Johnson. There's a fat bloke in my local pub with that name who has a slightly higher punch output after a few jars of stella.
    So Briggs moved to England and changed his name?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Allright I admit it, I am old.

I have followed, at great expense, Henry Cooper, Joe Bugner, John Conteh (arguably the best of the lot), Lennox Lewis, David Haye and David Price.

I wouldn't pay two bob to watch Tyson Fury, and his pathetic attempts at hyping up fights are just....

From the eighties onwards the intermediate weights have produced more value, excitement and boxing skill, thankyou nigel, chris, John H, Michael W, Herrol etc. sorry for any I've missed.

No wonder boxing is dying on its feet if dickheads like Fury are in with a shout, just put him in a fairground with Butterbean and have done with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having seen fellow Brits post on this board, I would have to agree with Fury.

Then again in a few weeks the average Joe will be saying 41yo Tony Thompson is the best American Heavyweight, and the worlds best boxer David Price, is going to KO him, which he might.

This will eclipse the Fury-Johnson fight, because there will be a KO.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

I have followed, at great expense, Henry Cooper, Joe Bugner, John Conteh (arguably the best of the lot), Lennox Lewis, David Haye and David Price.

I wouldn't pay two bob to watch Tyson Fury, and his pathetic attempts at hyping up fights are just....

From the eighties onwards the intermediate weights have produced more value, excitement and boxing skill, thankyou nigel, chris, John H, Michael W, Herrol etc. sorry for any I've missed.

No wonder boxing is dying on its feet if dickheads like Fury are in with a shout, just put him in a fairground with Butterbean and have done with it.

I'm older also and my how boxing has changed. Watching boxing every Saturday afternoon on regular tv in the mid to late sixties and through the seventies was a weekly event. The 80's were decent until the end of the decade and the advent of PPV which I believe to be one of the major causes of what we see today. Leonard and Duran fought twice in one year and Floyd and Manny could not make it happen for 50 mil a piece. That is the difference.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is just a thick Pickey.
    Doesnt matter if you think Fury is better than Price , the fact is Fury is setting himself for a huge fall with his stupid comments.
    I cant wait for the day he is interviewed having been koed inside 2 rounds by the first puncher he meets.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 12-17-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is boxing dying on its feet?

i was under the impression there is more money flying around in boxing now than ever, there are also a lot more boxers who have done well out of the sport

boxing is booming

this could also be due to more boxers having the ability to sell a fight
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: Fury: UK fans don't understand boxing, Johnson a top 5 Heavyweight

Fury is a plank

Fury v Price will be massive mainly due to Fury being a plank

does anyone get it now?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His shoes will look like sandals soon, he shoots himself in the foot so much. Dissing UK boxing fans and their judgement will do little to endear him to the people who pay to watch him fight. "Encyclopedia of boxing" he doesn't even come across as a decent annual, the guy is a pull out short of a magazine. Maloney had 64 bouts as an amateur flyweight and could see the promise in Lewis before many. Tyson needs a gobstopper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm older also and my how boxing has changed. Watching boxing every Saturday afternoon on regular tv in the mid to late sixties and through the seventies was a weekly event. The 80's were decent until the end of the decade and the advent of PPV which I believe to be one of the major causes of what we see today. Leonard and Duran fought twice in one year and Floyd and Manny could not make it happen for 50 mil a piece. That is the difference.
    Was the world in black and white when you were a kid?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is a dick, a dick with herpies.

But he's got us talking about him, which is what he wants.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was the world in black and white when you were a kid?

Lol yup. I actually had to get up to turn the channel.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is the future even if he is not the most articulate of boxers. Get use to it because he will be around a long time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Fury is the future even if he is not the most articulate of boxers. Get use to it because he will be around a long time.
    Fury cant punch and has been floored by a non punching novice , please explain how he is the future ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information