Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Cunningham feels Karass deserves the fight more than Amir Khan..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kevin Cunningham feels Karass deserves the fight more than Amir Khan..

Team Alexander: Soto Karass Deserves Shot Over Khan - Boxing News

Is Team Alexander playing hardball in negotiation with Khan or do they really believe this shit??

If they choose Karass over Khan, that's really some pussy shit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Karass would beat this Khan at welter, the guy who fought Bradley, Lucas, Randall Bailey, Maidana and signed to fight Kell isn't scared of Khan.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kevin Cunningham feels Karass deserves the fight more than Amir Khan..

Could be a ploy, but at the same time its' true. Karass wouldn't have much of a chance to beat Alexander, but he presently merits a big fight more than Khan, who in theory should be rebuilding. Results are what matter, it's not a bitch move if Alexander wants Karass, it's just how things go.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kevin Cunningham feels Karass deserves the fight more than Amir Khan..

Alexander has fought alot of killers but when I say that's it's a pussy move, Im saying in terms of Team Alexander trying to pick on Karass cuz they know it's an easy fight..

Team Alexander couldnt care less whether Karass deserves it or not. They are just happy that he might be a potential opponent for Alexander cuz they know it's easy victory..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tend to think Devon-Khan will happen, no way Haymon gives Broner to Devon, Thurman either, potential match ups are Khan, Guerrero, Paulie or Karass. If the big money is there he'll take Khan.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate Devon Alexander's team. Devon seems like a humble guy who is quite happy to get on boxing but Cunningham just makes a clown of him every time he says something to the media. Bottom line, if Devon wants to get paid, right now Khan is his best option. The fight is highly winnable and could bring him so big paydays down the line. While I agree Karass has done his bit recently, he doesn't really bring anything to the table for Devon.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Khan Alexander was a done deal.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Khan & Schafer want it in Dubai, Alexander's team are bitching about it. Alexander seems to just want the fight. It isn't until December so I'd expect this crap to go on a while longer. I like Khan but he seems to want his opponents to fight him for next to nothing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Khan & Schafer want it in Dubai, Alexander's team are bitching about it. Alexander seems to just want the fight. It isn't until December so I'd expect this crap to go on a while longer. I like Khan but he seems to want his opponents to fight him for next to nothing.
    Khan is the bigger draw imo.

Dubai is a strange one, but Alexander must be getting decent money if its still an option for them, otherwise they would just say fuck off.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubai is a strange one, but Alexander must be getting decent money if its still an option for them, otherwise they would just say fuck off.
    Devon can fight anyone in St. Louis and will draw a much more than nearly anyone Khan has no leverage over him.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post

Devon can fight anyone in St. Louis and will draw a much more than nearly anyone Khan has no leverage over him.
    If this was true, then why would they put the Brook fight in Detroit? Devon isn't a draw, that is why he is consistantly fighting on undercards. Khan is the much bigger draw, and will get paid more as a result.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this was true, then why would they put the Brook fight in Detroit? Devon isn't a draw, that is why he is consistantly fighting on undercards. Khan is the much bigger draw, and will get paid more as a result.
    Devon drew 10,000 for Kotelnik how is he not a draw? Khan's Molina fight had 500,000 viewers and they gave away tickets for toys.

Also Kell wouldn't go to St. Louis that's why.
    Last edited by Onetime; 07-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devon isn't a bigger draw, let's not be funny. I was there for his fight with maidana plenty of seats left open, and him n bradley drew shit for their fight, although that was in detroit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

Devon isn't a bigger draw, let's not be funny. I was there for his fight with maidana plenty of seats left open, and him n bradley drew shit for their fight, although that was in detroit.
    I believe the Maidana fight drew 6,000 which is good for now, I've seen people say Bradley-Ruslan had 2,000 people, let Khan fight someone else if Devon isn't a draw.

I googled the attendance for the Garcia and Molina fights 3500 and on Molina get this they sold around 2,500 tickets but the attendance was 6000 that's crazy amount of free tickets so no he's not a star in the USA.
    Last edited by Onetime; 07-29-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't listen to anything @Onetime says, he quite clearly doesn't know anything about boxing.

As soon as he realises this and leaves the better.

It's obvious to anyone (who knows anything about boxing) that Khan is the draw here.

This is why there's a chance this fight will be in Dubai. Devotion accept it and be thankful he's been picked to fight khan.

It's a shame that boxing that's come to this, the champion getting jack shit compared to the challenger.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 07-29-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    You say tomato,

Thread Information