Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who won the fight ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who won the Khan vs. Peterson fight ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had peterson winning 115-112. Without the deductions he still would have won for me. Khan spent too much of the fight on the backfoot without applying enough effective pressure which meant it looked like he was running.

Have always thought khan is overated and this fight proved it. His post fight whining aint endearing either. He bitched at mcloskey for complaining about the stoppage, he ridiculed judah for making excuses and now he expects us to defend him when he loses? Nah, fuck him

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who won the Khan vs. Peterson fight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatsandman View Post
    I had peterson winning 115-112. Without the deductions he still would have won for me. Khan spent too much of the fight on the backfoot without applying enough effective pressure which meant it looked like he was running.

Have always thought khan is overated and this fight proved it. His post fight whining aint endearing either. He bitched at mcloskey for complaining about the stoppage, he ridiculed judah for making excuses and now he expects us to defend him when he loses? Nah, fuck him
    -

Agree with your points about the 'bitching', but are you saying that your actual scorecard was 115-110 Peterson?? Tat means you only gave Khan 3 more rounds after the 1st?
    Last edited by BIG H; 12-12-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1984 View Post
    Right decision.close fight but khan defo warranted the points deductions.couldn't help being delighted hearing the result after seeing khan being so smug when they wer waiting for the score card. Brilliant effort by peterson nobody gave him a chance me included wot a warrior.
    Freddie Roach was being interviewed after the fight and he claims they were advised they had been given the fight on the cards, but then when the results were read out they found out they didnt get the decision. Guess that explains the smugness
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's time Con ditches that shell defense. He uses it to protect chin. But it's hurting him more than helping him. He can't counter punch cuz he covers up and has to let his opponent tee off. Than he can start punching. It's time for it to go.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reeally don't get this one in the way that there are cries of 'robbery', 'scandal' and how it all 'stinks'. Especially in some papers today over here.

Come on this isn't exactly Lewis v Holyfield I is it. Or even poor Derek Chisora a couple of weeks back.

This was a close fight. Any sane person knew that Khan, without the deductions, had shaded the fight. So after being docked 2 points why are some shocked that he then lost an MD ?!?

Just don't get it.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    An even fight with the deductions giving it to Peterson. I too thought it was a cracking fight and would like to see it again.

This time Peterson should forget about boxing Khan from the off and realise that he has to be a bull in a china shop. Khan is too stupid to stick with a gameplan or listen to his corner, so once you take him out of his comfort zone the fight evens up somewhat. Peterson needs to do the same, but try and rip to the body immediately. Run at Khan and make him fluster.
    Khan stuck to his gameplan very well against Malinaggi and Zab Judah. He just seemd to lose his head against Peterson and go for broke.
    It's probably easier against someone who has no punch and another who doesn't throw punches though. Peterson offered something a bit different in trying to tear it up a bit. It was like Maidana but much better at closing his man down and unleashing.
    I think the ring was much smaller than it was when Khan fought Maidana.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    An even fight with the deductions giving it to Peterson. I too thought it was a cracking fight and would like to see it again.

This time Peterson should forget about boxing Khan from the off and realise that he has to be a bull in a china shop. Khan is too stupid to stick with a gameplan or listen to his corner, so once you take him out of his comfort zone the fight evens up somewhat. Peterson needs to do the same, but try and rip to the body immediately. Run at Khan and make him fluster.
    Khan stuck to his gameplan very well against Malinaggi and Zab Judah. He just seemd to lose his head against Peterson and go for broke.
    Stick Khan in with Maidana in that ring and we would be getting diced kebab then.

It's probably easier against someone who has no punch and another who doesn't throw punches though. Peterson offered something a bit different in trying to tear it up a bit. It was like Maidana but much better at closing his man down and unleashing.
    I think the ring was much smaller than it was when Khan fought Maidana.
    Stick Maidana in that ring then and we all have ourselves a serving of diced kebab, perhaps even with a little extra natural sauce.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I reeally don't get this one in the way that there are cries of 'robbery', 'scandal' and how it all 'stinks'. Especially in some papers today over here.

Come on this isn't exactly Lewis v Holyfield I is it. Or even poor Derek Chisora a couple of weeks back.

This was a close fight. Any sane person knew that Khan, without the deductions, had shaded the fight. So after being docked 2 points why are some shocked that he then lost an MD ?!?

Just don't get it.
    I've not read any of the papers but I hardly think it's the judges scorecards people are protesting but the point deductions. Had Khan not been docked two points he would have retained his title on the judges cards. The referee directly influenced the result and most impartial observers believe the deductions were poor calls, terrible according some.

It's like the first Agbeko Mares fight. There the referee directly gave Mares the title by calling a blatent low blow foul shot a knockdown and giving Mares a 10-8 round when he in fact should have been docked a point.

It wasn't the decision that was wrong in either fight but the refereering.

It's no surprise people are upset about yet another fight marred.

Peterson himself deserves credit though, he fought an excellent fight and even without the deductions was still totally in this fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Just don't get it.
    I've not read any of the papers but I hardly think it's the judges scorecards people are protesting but the point deductions. Had Khan not been docked two points he would have retained his title on the judges cards. The referee directly influenced the result and most impartial observers believe the deductions were poor calls, terrible according some.

It's like the first Agbeko Mares fight. There the referee directly gave Mares the title by calling a blatent low blow foul shot a knockdown and giving Mares a 10-8 round when he in fact should have been docked a point.

Peterson himself deserves credit though, he fought an excellent fight and even without the deductions was still totally in this fight.
    Bilbo did you miss all the fouling and spoiling that Khan was doing? His pushing was ridiculous. Unless we want to accept fights with constant spoiling and no deductions, then this is the only way forwards. Fighters need to be penalised when they are denying the paying audience a full and fair fight. Hopkins is the king of this junk and should have been docked no less than 323 points in his career. And I'm glad to see his shoulder is on the mend. But Khan was told and he ignored it and blatantly so.

He totally deserved what he got.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The deductions have ruined the win for Peterson (from a fans perspective not his, he couldn't give a fuck, gets a nice payday next time out).

It seems everyone in boxing (media/fighters etc) are in universal agreement that Khan only lost because of UNFAIR point deductions. I've not seen ONE person (outside forum fans) defend the refs actions. And everyone believes an immediate rematch has to happen.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The deductions have ruined the win for Peterson (from a fans perspective not his, he couldn't give a fuck, gets a nice payday next time out).

It seems everyone in boxing (media/fighters etc) are in universal agreement that Khan only lost because of UNFAIR point deductions. I've not seen ONE person (outside forum fans) defend the refs actions. And everyone believes an immediate rematch has to happen.
    ...hell, even VD said the 12th round deduction was BS!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason why I disagree with the statement that the deductions have ruined the win for Peterson is that no one expected Peterson to make it such a close fight or that two points deducted would mean the difference between a win or loss against Khan, especially after seeing Lamont against Bradley who most people felt ducked Khan. Don't forget Peterson was an 8-1 underdog on many betting websites. Peterson's performance against Khan, who most thought going into the fight was the top guy at 140, exceeded expectations with or without the referee deducting those points. However, the referee's conduct shifted the emphasis from a great performance by Peterson to a great performance by Peterson coupled with a poor job by the referee.

While no one defends the referee's actions, the fight was close. Without the deductions, Khan was only up by one point on two scorecards. For a guy who was a 8-1 favorite to win, it's still a shock that it was that close.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, Just cause you loose doesn't make you garbage. Khan lost sucks for him but move on. I think it was crazy for khan and his people to think he was going to come to petersons hometown, run around the city talking about not only fighting but beating floyd instead of peterson, walk in with freddy, oscar, haye , serve up peterson with speed and a couple of combos and go home. Thats what we all thought but it was stupid for him to think that way. Of course petersons people were going to look for every legal advantage they could. Give khan a shitty flight, food , room set thier clocks wrong whatever. Part of the homecourt advantage. But saying this ref caused khan to loose i just don't see. If khan wanted to negate the ref then just stop fuckin pushing. I mean christ even after the warnings and even a point khan just didn't stop. Doesn't matter if it's in the first, fifth, 12th, or even sparring. Now have i ever seen it called ? no. Does a major fight in dc seem like a fishy time for it come up ? yes. But saying it was a rip off or cheating is like one of us j walking at the same street every day for five years and getting away with it but the time a cop stops you and gives you a ticket bitching and saying you were done wrong. Especially after the cop warned you twice already. Be happy for what you got away with and adjust or don't cry about the result. If this was enough to cause khan to loose and now they are clasping to the scores were changed blah blah type silly bullshit......then you are no where ready to fight floyd, pac, ali, wlad and god knows who else he was calling out before this. Don't push and win the fight, the bottom line i saw. The real tragedy of this fight was the announcing, reguardless of who you like or think won the cheerleading of these telecasts is getting riddiculous. And for the record at the end of the fight without scoring i did think khan barely pulled it out with the knockdown negating one of the points but ah well good fight either way
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Just don't get it.

they are accusing sub-standard judging as well as poor refereeing.

re the fouling I seem to remember even Jim Watt saw the second point deduction coming from aroung the 9th maybe ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

The reason why I disagree with the statement that the deductions have ruined the win for Peterson is that no one expected Peterson to make it such a close fight or that two points deducted would mean the difference between a win or loss against Khan, especially after seeing Lamont against Bradley who most people felt ducked Khan. Don't forget Peterson was an 8-1 underdog on many betting websites. Peterson's performance against Khan, who most thought going into the fight was the top guy at 140, exceeded expectations with or without the referee deducting those points. However, the referee's conduct shifted the emphasis from a great performance by Peterson to a great performance by Peterson coupled with a poor job by the referee.

While no one defends the referee's actions, the fight was close. Without the deductions, Khan was only up by one point on two scorecards. For a guy who was a 8-1 favorite to win, it's still a shock that it was that close.
    The thing is this - had Khan won the press would have reported on Peterson's "great effort" instead of Khan getting unfair treatment. Peterson would have got more praise/attention had he lost. Unfortunately his good performance has been totally overshadowed by the point deductions.

There would have been a thousand threads about Peterson being robbed. Khan being a fraud etc. Even the Khan haters haven't got anything to cry about
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information