Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Vitali retires what will happen to the WBC belt?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Vitali retires what will happen to the WBC belt?

This is what I can't figure out, how long does it usually take for a belt to become vacant after someone retires? And who will fight for it? I think that Haye will want it badly and Tyson Fury, Adamek, Pulev, Pricey, Solis, Helenius (if he's fit) could all be in the mix.

It seems that Wlad won't get it either because that moron head of the WBC no longer wants unification fights. A move that infuriates me, but it stops Wlad getting it and fighting a list of bums for until he retires leaving everyone else without a title.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Vitali retires what will happen to the WBC belt?

Chris Arreola will fight somebody for the vacant title, possibly Stiverne or Wach.

It won't be David Haye. He isn't ranked, and the WBC president wasn't happy about Haye fighting Chisora.

El Kabong Guest

_________ will have it and then Wladimir will have it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well you can hope. On a good day, ol' Jim jumps in too

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

something better than is happening with it now

unless wlad gets it and then it will be even worse
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Toney and Hasim Rahman have a rubber match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mctaggert View Post
    This is what I can't figure out, how long does it usually take for a belt to become vacant after someone retires? And who will fight for it? I think that Haye will want it badly and Tyson Fury, Adamek, Pulev, Pricey, Solis, Helenius (if he's fit) could all be in the mix.

It seems that Wlad won't get it either because that moron head of the WBC no longer wants unification fights. A move that infuriates me, but it stops Wlad getting it and fighting a list of bums for until he retires leaving everyone else without a title.
    Wlad will probs fight another no hoper for it, or hopefully Wlad to fight the winner of a Super Six consisting of Haye, Adamek, David Price, Povetkin, Arreola, and Helenius. That would be grand !!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNG_M_ALI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctaggert View Post

Wlad will probs fight another no hoper for it, or hopefully Wlad to fight the winner of a Super Six consisting of Haye, Adamek, David Price, Povetkin, Arreola, and Helenius. That would be grand !!
    If that tournament could be made that would be brilliant for boxing and in particular the HW's. It would be better with 2 more names in it so we could start with the quarter final and have the eventual finalists fighting 3 times in 1 year for their shot. It will never happen but I like the idea.
    Last edited by rjj tszyu; 07-17-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC will look round for the biggest ticket seller/TV money maker and basically give him the title so they can get the biggest possible sanctioning fees from the belt. Like they do with every other fucking belt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The WBC will look round for the biggest ticket seller/TV money maker and basically give him the title so they can get the biggest possible sanctioning fees from the belt. Like they do with every other fucking belt.
    Haye then?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

Haye then?
    I don't think he wants to fight anymore. He needs big names to fight to make big money. He only had one of the Russian brothers left to fight and he would have been on the seriously short end of the purse until the Munich presser when he hit the jackpot. Sky aren't doing PPV anymore and Warren doesn't have any more sellable heavies. Haye is only going to fight again for big money.

I don't know who is the best option for the WBC going forward. Adamek maybe. We'll find out soon enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye then?
    I don't think he wants to fight anymore. He needs big names to fight to make big money. He only had one of the Russian brothers left to fight and he would have been on the seriously short end of the purse until the Munich presser when he hit the jackpot. Sky aren't doing PPV anymore and Warren doesn't have any more sellable heavies. Haye is only going to fight again for big money.

I don't know who is the best option for the WBC going forward. Adamek maybe. We'll find out soon enough.
    IF the WBC were to make Adamek champ Haye would chase him like he has the Klits. He wants to be world champ again that is clear. If someone else was a belt holder right now he would be after them. As a fan of Haye this disappoints me but everyone has their faults and Haye knows the only way to get the Klits to share a purse is to put something into the fight and a world title is the ideal thing.

I actually think Haye might have Warren on his side the next time he goes into negotiations too. At the end of the day he is the biggest promoter in europe and he has landed Klit fights before for a much less known fighter too.

El Kabong Guest

Haye then?

Are we to assume he ever fought for anything else?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle do you know that you're blindly rehashing the same posts over and over again anytime anyone even thinks of the name David Haye? You must have a word doc with them all ready to cut and paste no? If you don't you should, would save time.

Cant stop, I'm off to the Wlad can beat Tyson thread to count up how many times I think 'Brit Haye fanboy' would have been chucked into the conversation had someone suggested something equally ludicrous but in David Hayes name.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all about the money! Can you blame these people for wanting as big a piece of the pie as possible? What would you do? All I know for sure is that money talks and most everyone listens. Stop bitching long enough to figure out how to fix it.

Thread Information