Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Big respect for Jermain Taylor.

Okay I'm delighted I won all my bets etc but Jermain Taylor impressed me last night, he had a good strategy but just did not execute it well enough to win and he took some good shots from Pavlik and showed no sign of hitting the canvas apart from the wobble in the 11th. I had Pavlik by a point but I will have to rewatch it again. I was really impressed by Kelly's jab by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Big respect for Jermain Taylor.

very close fight could have gone either way imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-Faced-Assassin View Post
    very close fight could have gone either way imo
    Totally agree I woud'nt of been surprised if Taylor gor the verdict.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor in many ways did better last time in the sense hat he lmost won the first fight but here he never came close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Okay I'm delighted I won all my bets etc but Jermain Taylor impressed me last night, he had a good strategy but just did not execute it well enough to win and he took some good shots from Pavlik and showed no sign of hitting the canvas apart from the wobble in the 11th. I had Pavlik by a point but I will have to rewatch it again. I was really impressed by Kelly's jab by the way.

Not only that but he earned even more respect for the way he handled the loss.. True class..

I had Pavlik by a point as well.. But it easily could have gone to Taylor without much of a complaint from me...

Can;t wait to see Taylors next fight. I think he needs some time off from thinking about Pavlik and to regain his confidence.. I'm sure we'll see these two guys back at it at some point...
    "I got a million dollar body and a ten cent brain."
    - Max Baer

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expected Taylor to get balled up and tossed out early,I am no Taylor fan but I am One who had Him winning It by one point and to be honest, if down the road they cross path's....I'd buy It again.Im doing the sunday morning ritual right now of rewatching round by round and even In slo-mo. Who's stock Is preserved here and who's stock has risen,Taylor did not get the descision but He can bank off this win just as much as Pavlik. Any one that calls It a robbery is off there medications,It was close and a well contested fight,good boxing all around and a draw or 1 or 2 point verdict Is Inline That 117-111 score by the judge was assnine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermaine did well last night. He got back to using that great jab, and on a regular basis, as well as he was countering well. Also, and a big part of it, was that he didn't allow himself to be abused on the ropes.

I will say this about Pavlik; I didn't see the same fierceness in him as I did in the 1st fight. He seemed tentative throughout the fight, and looked IMO to be sloppy with his jab alot of the time, and seemed intent on waiting for JT to fade and try to get him out of there. It appeared he was looking for the big right and became pretty obvious in that pursuit. He didn't wear JT down as in the 1st fight and seemed hesitant to really try and mix it up and the hell with the results like in their 1st meeting. It was a close fight, and I wouldn't have been too terribly upset had they given it to JT; though I had Pavlik winning it just because of the last 2 rounds.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah definitely, I thought Pavlik won fairly clearly and was shocked to come on here and see all the robbery talk but still Jermain fought very well. There's still some good matchups for him out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    He didn't wear JT down as in the 1st fight and seemed hesitant to really try and mix it up and the hell with the results like in their 1st meeting.

Man, Pavlik out punched JT 2-1... I wouldn't say it was he that didn't want to mix it up.. If anything he he was trying to initiate all night and Taylor wouldn't mix it up with him..
    - Max Baer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nebraskaheat View Post
    Man, Pavlik out punched JT 2-1... I wouldn't say it was he that didn't want to mix it up.. If anything he he was trying to initiate all night and Taylor wouldn't mix it up with him..
    Yeah I guess maybe you're right. Maybe I was expecting Pavlik to ko JT again; though I still think Pavlik didn't look as on target as their 1st fight; just a little sloppy.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I guess maybe you're right. Maybe I was expecting Pavlik to ko JT again; though I still think Pavlik didn't look as on target as their 1st fight; just a little sloppy.
    Yeah he certainly was a little sloppy at times.... I honestly am more impressed with him now though.. To beat a tough fighter like Taylor, when you're obviously not at your best, says something...
    - Max Baer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did well for sure, but the better man won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tried to send this via PM but it said I don't have enough posts...

Thanks for the welcome by the way... I just moved to Dallas and was wondering if you could tell me anything about the local figh scene. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm missing our local fight nights in Nebraska alot.. I need to get out to a fight..I like to take my young boys so it needs to be a "not so seedy" place.

Thanks,
    - Max Baer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he did great by timing Kelly defensively. He would wait for Kelly to jab once, then would slip back and to his left. He took away Kelly's double jab and right hand for most of the fight. He also seemed to keep his focus throughout the fight and didn't get nervous like he has been prone to.

Kelly also did great by not getting flustered. Yes he is the champion and all, but he is still young and did not unravel when things were not going his way. Jermaine took away much of Pavlik's bread and Butter punches, but Kelly still poured it on and took what was given to him.

Both guys are true champions in my eyes. Both fought gamely and both earned their paychecks. Pavlik and Taylor both showed us great composure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nebraskaheat View Post
    I tried to send this via PM but it said I don't have enough posts...

Thanks for the welcome by the way... I just moved to Dallas and was wondering if you could tell me anything about the local figh scene. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm missing our local fight nights in Nebraska alot.. I need to get out to a fight..I like to take my young boys so it needs to be a "not so seedy" place.

Thanks,
    I'll ask my buddy, as he is into the local boxing scene. His son just won Golden Gloves for the 7-9 year olds or something like that, so he is always going around to shows with his son. I'll pm you later this week when I talk to him.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information