Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mitchell vows to shut Khans mouth

Kevin Mitchell says he has "business to settle" with British lightweight rival Amir Khan.

Mitchell, the reigning Commonwealth champion, will return to the ring in London on May 26 when he will challenge Russian Alexander Hrulev for the vacant WBO intercontinental title on the undercard of Matt Skelton's fight with Michael Sprott.

However, he is already looking a step ahead of that towards a domestic showdown with Olympic silver medallist Khan.

The 23-year-old said: "He's going about shouting his mouth off that he would beat me - well I'm going to be the one to close it for him. It's a massive fight for British boxing and I would fight him tomorrow if the opportunity came up but down the line if we both keep our unbeaten records and if we have world titles as well it would be absolutely huge.

"Either way tomorrow or a few years down the line he's going to get from me - painfully."

First, Mitchell - unbeaten in 23 fights as a professional - has to deal with Hrulev who will provide a tough test for the youngster.

He added: "These Russians are tough nuts to crack. I've fought a couple of them in my career and they are hard as nails.

"They come over here with very little to lose and give it there all. I'm not expecting an easy night and will have to dig deep but I love getting into a tear-up and so do the fans which is why they love watching me fight."

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mitchell vows to shut Khans mouth

As if FW would EVER le this happen.

Smash theres a better chance of seeing Hatton - ODLH then this one seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mitchell vows to shut Khans mouth

Is the board playing up because a mo ago i could only see three topics and now the board is full again
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information