22. This poll is closed
  • Mijares

14 63.64%
  • Vic

8 36.36%
  • Draw

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Darchinyan vs. Mijares. Will Vic Gore the Matador? Official Poll!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Darchinyan vs. Mijares. Will Vic Gore the Matador? Official Poll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Sorry guys, i had to say it, bad luck for mijares. He came into a gun fight with a knife and got blown away
    Sanke, judging from my view I don't think he ever showed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Sorry guys, i had to say it, bad luck for mijares. He came into a gun fight with a knife and got blown away
    Mate to be honest, i just dont think he thought vic would punch that hard or be that awkward. He just didnt really know how to fight him. Usually with a puncher, a boxer knows what to do. But Vic isnt a conventional puncher, hes very awkward and you cant tell what hes doing. To me it looked like he got caught in limbo land of trying to box and impose his will. Every time he tried to box he would get caught and then hed try to push vic around and vic would crack him with the uppercut. Mijares would of probably beaten the old vic, vic has improved. Not unbeatable, definitely not but hes now less likely to walk into a big left hook
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

XaduBoxer Guest

Congrats to guys who picked Vic...

Andre, eagle, Galaxy, Mar, mike_tha_man, SaddoBoxer, Sapphire, TigerFan

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Mate to be honest, i just dont think he thought vic would punch that hard or be that awkward. He just didnt really know how to fight him. Usually with a puncher, a boxer knows what to do. But Vic isnt a conventional puncher, hes very awkward and you cant tell what hes doing. To me it looked like he got caught in limbo land of trying to box and impose his will. Every time he tried to box he would get caught and then hed try to push vic around and vic would crack him with the uppercut. Mijares would of probably beaten the old vic, vic has improved. Not unbeatable, definitely not but hes now less likely to walk into a big left hook
    I agree Mijares came out with the wrong mentality and he paid the price for that. He left his comfort zone and was never in the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

My pick was mainly in hope for a fellow aussie, but im glad he won. He fought better than i ever thought he could!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks mate, great pick yourself. As you said sometimes the bull wins!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

Thanks mate, great pick yourself. As you said sometimes the bull wins!
    No worries mate...

In Vic vs. Kirilov, I saw improvements in Vic that he might have learned from the Donaire knockout and Z Gorres knockdown...

Vic is asking for the Donaire rematch... I'm still picking Donaire to win the rematch as I had picked him to win the 1st fight...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All is forgiven Vic Darchinyan, a superb effort against Mijares.
    Mijares was never in this fight because Darchinyan simply never let him,this was a big win for Vic and he is now the unified Champion. My congratulations go to him, Donaire won't beat him again and i think Montiel and Arce might go fishing instead of fighting Vic.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really interested now if Donaire can do the same feat again against Vic. If he can do it again, then Donaire is p4p for me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So does anyone still think Mijares is p4p?

I seem to remember ICB saying his reign would last for years and he couldn't see him being defeated by anyone at flyweight or superflyweight.

I thought he was supposed to be the new superstar of boxing?

I guess wins over Arce and Munoz are not as impressive as beating guys like Hopkins and Kessler after all.

In the light of young pretenders like Mijares and Pavlik being completely exposed I think it highlights what a great fighter Joe Calzahge is and worthy of his p4p status. He certainly doesn't get KO'd or suffer embarrassing losses like this....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I seem to remember ICB saying his reign would last for years and he couldn't see him being defeated by anyone at flyweight or superflyweight.

I guess wins over Arce and Munoz are not as impressive as beating guys like Hopkins and Kessler after all.

In the light of young pretenders like Mijares and Pavlik being completely exposed I think it highlights what a great fighter Joe Calzahge is and worthy of his p4p status. He certainly doesn't get KO'd or suffer embarrassing losses like this....
    I never understood why so many people thought Mijares was so great. He never looked anything special to me.

Maybe it only takes a few respected guys to champion a unheralded fighter for a certain number of people to jump on the bandwagon.. it was like - if you didn't think Mirjares was P4P you didn't know boxing
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I never understood why so many people thought Mijares was so great. He never looked anything special to me.

Maybe it only takes a few respected guys to champion a unheralded fighter for a certain number of people to jump on the bandwagon.. it was like - if you didn't think Mirjares was P4P you didn't know boxing
    It was a weird one. I mean he's beaten nobody in world terms, Arce and Munoz are hardly p4p stars and then gets completely and utterly beaten down by Darchinyan, himself an awkward but very crude opponent.

If Calzaghe was a flyweight he'd put a beatdown on Darchinyan like he did to Lacy.

Mijares reign has ended in humiliation. I mean he wasn't just knocked out by the big puncher, he was completely outboxed as well.

I think he'll be plummetting back down to the rank of also ran now.

Maybe Carlos Baldomir can give him a job mopping out the toilets.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

It was a weird one. I mean he's beaten nobody in world terms, Arce and Munoz are hardly p4p stars and then gets completely and utterly beaten down by Darchinyan, himself an awkward but very crude opponent.

If Calzaghe was a flyweight he'd put a beatdown on Darchinyan like he did to Lacy.

Mijares reign has ended in humiliation. I mean he wasn't just knocked out by the big puncher, he was completely outboxed as well.

I think he'll be plummetting back down to the rank of also ran now.

Maybe Carlos Baldomir can give him a job mopping out the toilets.
    I picked Darchinyan to win (prediction comp, sports book ).. but i didn't expect him to totally OUTCLASS a supposed P4P great fighter.

I think many fans don't realise the difference between good and great. Don't realise how hard it is to remain unbeaten.

Until the other week certain guys thought Kelly Pavlik was destined for greatness too.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vic, you da man! And so are you, Graham! Great call. Vic now has great options in front of him.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Vic, you da man! And so are you, Graham! Great call. Vic now has great options in front of him.
    Graham (Houston , we have no problem) really did a great call going against the tide...

Thread Information