Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux - Saturday night fight/chat thread

If your credentials are "Champion" then I demand "max effort ever time out"! Donaire for whatever reason came unprepared, I've lost respect for him and I could see he wasn't prepared before the bell had rung! Rigo on the other hand does "just enough" and when I see high skill levels that aren't maximized it puzzles me and I ask "why not perform at your MAX"?
    Today you will rarely see a fighter exhausted at the end of a fight and you don't have to be hard pressed to get like that however you do need to give your BEST effort! Rigo could have stopped Donaire from the 9th round on, he saw it and refused to accelorate his offense. To me thats the main difference in the fighters from the 30s thru the 60s, they fought hard throughout a fight and gave a "max effort"!!!! Donaire never laid it out to try and over come his conditioning flaws and Rigo never laid it out to win in spectacular fashion. To be considered great thats what great fighters do, or atleast did!!!
    Today everyone is a champion and fans think their favorite guy is great!!! Right now in boxing their are NOGreat fighters. Theres a few men who excell at certain facets of the game but theres no one who is THE package! Rigo is a Star, he just refuses to polish himself and try to Shine! Ray.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ray corso View Post
    If your credentials are "Champion" then I demand "max effort ever time out"! Donaire for whatever reason came unprepared, I've lost respect for him and I could see he wasn't prepared before the bell had rung! Rigo on the other hand does "just enough" and when I see high skill levels that aren't maximized it puzzles me and I ask "why not perform at your MAX"?
    Today you will rarely see a fighter exhausted at the end of a fight and you don't have to be hard pressed to get like that however you do need to give your BEST effort! Rigo could have stopped Donaire from the 9th round on, he saw it and refused to accelorate his offense. To me thats the main difference in the fighters from the 30s thru the 60s, they fought hard throughout a fight and gave a "max effort"!!!! Donaire never laid it out to try and over come his conditioning flaws and Rigo never laid it out to win in spectacular fashion. To be considered great thats what great fighters do, or atleast did!!!
    Today everyone is a champion and fans think their favorite guy is great!!! Right now in boxing their are NOGreat fighters. Theres a few men who excell at certain facets of the game but theres no one who is THE package! Rigo is a Star, he just refuses to polish himself and try to Shine! Ray.
    We used to work 20 miles to school every day... in the snow. go and ask me bollox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post
    *I had it 118-109... Nonito lost 11 rounds... Nonito looks like he undeestimated what Rigo could do... in the end, Nonito's face was a mess as well... anyone who has it for Nonito should be ashamed
    You are wrong and just because you write in red does not make you right.
    *I'M WRONG? Donaire lost 11 rounds.. if i'm wrong..ok, 117-110, but that's it. And honestly, i couldn't tell u which other round Donaire won other than the round he knocked Rigo down. This fight wasn't even close... and i read one guy posting he had 5 even rounds..c'mon..b a man, score the damn round.

and to those that say"Rigo threw no punches"..just look at Donaires face.

Although it wasn't entertaining to the average fan... to a boxing purest, it was extremily interesting. Two great fighter got in the ring and one totally dominated the other... if this fight had gone three more, Donaire wouldve been Ko'ed. i don't think so..i know so.

p.s look past the red...it's the content that u need to worry about.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The right man won.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats "walk" not "work" moron!! What I forgot about boxing you'll never know!! If you don't understand talent and skill levels and the effort that needs to accompany those attributes just sit there and stay retarded! High standards means high reward and that comes from effort if you OP bigstinkybug (how juvenile is that) don't understand that or don't think its valid you don't understand competition!!
    I notice your comments are about the members opinions and rarely about the methods & techniques used in the sport is that because you don't know shit about boxing or your just one of those jackoffs looking for an "internet fight"? damn kids!! Ray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Silkeyjoe;1147015]
    *What they need to do is set some money aside... maybe 25% of the entire purse... the one who gets a ko gets that money as a bonus.

should there not be a knockout, then the money goes to "the boxing relief fund"..or "Boxers retirement fund" that doesn't exist BUT ,should be made.

the only fights that should be treated in this fashion r the purses that surpass 1 million... a smaller percentag, say.. 15% for $500k fights purses..ect,ect...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    *I had it 118-109... Nonito lost 11 rounds... Nonito looks like he undeestimated what Rigo could do... in the end, Nonito's face was a mess as well... anyone who has it for Nonito should be ashamed
    You are wrong and just because you write in red does not make you right.
    *I'M WRONG? Donaire lost 11 rounds.. if i'm wrong..ok, 117-110, but that's it. And honestly, i couldn't tell u which other round Donaire won other than the round he knocked Rigo down. This fight wasn't even close... and i read one guy posting he had 5 even rounds..c'mon..b a man, score the damn round.

and to those that say"Rigo threw no punches"..just look at Donaires face.

Although it wasn't entertaining to the average fan... to a boxing purest, it was extremily interesting. Two great fighter got in the ring and one totally dominated the other... if this fight had gone three more, Donaire wouldve been Ko'ed. i don't think so..i know so.

p.s look past the red...it's the content that u need to worry about.
    No way could you give round 5 to Rigo. You can't give a guy a round for good defence you need offence too. If a fighter throws 100 punches in a round and lands 10 clean versus a fighter who throws 10 and lands 10 I score it even. I always get criticised for scoring rounds even so I also score it if I had to pick a winner for each round. Either way I had this a close fight but had Rigo leading the hole fight pretty much. A lot of rounds could be scored either way and blinking at a certain time could suade one to score for a fighter rather then the other. I think this leads to poor decisions. Take for example manny v Marquez 3. Marquez was robbed by many people's accord but if you break the rounds down there were a lot if close rounds that could have gone either way, but the judges gave them all to manny. If these were scored even, which I think a few if them should have been, Marquez gets the W. I've seen people score a fight the same score but have 6 rounds scored differently and then give out about the judges scorecards because they had a different score to the 2 I them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats "walk" not "work" moron!! What I forgot about boxing you'll never know!! If you don't understand talent and skill levels and the effort that needs to accompany those attributes just sit there and stay retarded! High standards means high reward and that comes from effort if you OP bigstinkybug (how juvenile is that) don't understand that or don't think its valid you don't understand competition!!
    I notice your comments are about the members opinions and rarely about the methods & techniques used in the sport is that because you don't know shit about boxing or your just one of those jackoffs looking for an "internet fight"? damn kids!! Ray
    *Donaire came in unprepared for what Rigo did... Did i thik Rigo could avoid Donaires punches for 12 rounds?..NO. and i'm sure niether did Donaire. competition is one thing... to totally outbox a "fighter of the year" guy and "p4p'er"..without really recieving any damage ,is masterful. The compettion was one sided. Rigo outclassed Donaire... and gave him a boxing lesson to remember.

this is very similar to what May did to Marquez...

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I had Rigo winning by one round. I was counting landing clean shots on my fingers by having one fighter as one hand and the other the other hand, then removing shots off when Im out of fingers,works well until someone gets five clear shots ahead never happened in this fight though. I was giving Donaire the rounds where he was landing the odd harder shot. Dont think one of the judges did that though.
    TBH, i'm disappointed in the result, I was expecting to see the Cuban "amateur" get his 'jackel' ass kicked. I'm not about to become a fan anytime soon.
    You've got to give Rigo credit, he negated Donaire's power with his slick defense and countered well all night. With the exception of the KD in the 10th round, Donaire's punches were for the most part ineffective.
    Nice you give him credit mate, by why the never going to be a fan comment?

Well Im more a fan after yesterday, he seems like a nice fellow too, I dont care what nick name they give him. Are you thinking of Carlos the Jackel enemy of the western free world?

Those punches would have been effective on anyone else in that weight class,
    Rigo was dissolving them into nothing and evading with movements that some other people (not you MArs) here dont think was good boxing

Just cause he broke distance occasionally which broke up Donaires timing up as well!! Shit guys, thats exactly what boxing is about too .

Just cause someone moves forward with one intention doesnt earn them points unless they dominate; outscore the other and are not getting countered.

(Its harder to evade and counter than it is to move forward with one intention). ,And that isnt dictating the fight! That is stupidity and Donaire admitted it himself.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=bigstinkybug;1147020]
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    *What they need to do is set some money aside... maybe 25% of the entire purse... the one who gets a ko gets that money as a bonus.

should there not be a knockout, then the money goes to "the boxing relief fund"..or "Boxers retirement fund" that doesn't exist BUT ,should be made.

the only fights that should be treated in this fashion r the purses that surpass 1 million... a smaller percentag, say.. 15% for $500k fights purses..ect,ect...

This is a retarded idea. Go follow MMA, you'll love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Silkyjoe: Man, i just didn't see it. I saw totally boxing exhibition. Donaire looked lost..and when he turned up his fight game, lost sight from one eye and had to fight with one eye. I also thought Rigo saw a hurt animal in round 12 and was going for a KO... 10 rounds 2(maybe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/QUOTE]

This is a retarded idea. Go follow MMA, you'll love it.[/QUOTE]

*lol... really..i thoght it was pretty good.. it creates an incentive to get the ko... and could give revenue to a much need relief fund for old boxers... did u know ,it's said that amatuers with 20 plus fights have very minimal brain damage..it's very minimal, but brain cells have died after just 20-30 amatuer fights...

i love MMA... it's awesome... but i'm a two time GG champion and in my day, sparred with world amatuer national champs- to pan american gold medalist to world champs... and could more than hold my own.. just saying.

p.s... i have ideas and i'm not afraid to put them out there.. don't b that guy that shoots down evey idea, and has none... anyway, just an opinion.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Close fight had Donaire, winning by 2 rounds it was very close nothing to shout or scream about
    well done Rigondeaux.
    @Dia bando - Agreed, unless you were a Rigon fan, it wasn't a very entertaining fight to watch, especially after all the hype this fight generated.

I don't know what Donaire could do different to win in a rematch, the bottom line is Rigon is good technically, and very hard to hit with clean punches.

cheers
    Yes it was a technical type of fight, sometimes we never get what we want,! Rigon is very slick as
    they say, well it's how it goes but 2 of the very best meet and it's good for boxing.
    Boxing needs more fights like this, the best fighters Champions facing each other.
    "A technical type of fight", it was piss poor and I don't have one good thing to say about it.
    Rigondeaux won the fight, but he didn't fight like a fighter, he fought like a contestant. He was doing the minimum to win, just like a damned reality show contestant. He refused to engage until Donaire put him on his ass.
    Look, here are two of arguably the best boxers in the business. One was voted 'Fighter of the Year', and the other is one of the best amateur boxers produced by Cuba, who won a WBA belt in his ninth pro fight.
    So what happens when these two champions get together, they have a "technical type of fight". What a joke! Rigondeaux was bad and Donaire was worse. After seeing the hand speed of Rigo and tasting a few punches, Donaire decided to follow Rigo around for most of the fight. Considering the talent of these two, this is one of the most disappointing fights I've seen.
    The fight was doomed before it started, Donaire could not get past the speed and movement of Rigondeaux, and Rigondeaux would only do enough to win.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 04-15-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing is about "Styles" the fans so-called p4p king looked bad against a highly skilled boxer! What does that say about the fans? Its always the fans talking shit about the fighters and their do's and don't's how about the fans taking some ridicule for their p4p king choice!!! The p4p title is just another stupid title in a sport thats loaded with stupid titles!!! Donaire cheated the fans and Rigo from his best effort, he cheated me too. His effort was minimal and thats not to say that Rigo was giving everything too, he wasn't! Ray.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Silkyjoe: Man, i just didn't see it. I saw totally boxing exhibition. Donaire looked lost..and when he turned up his fight game, lost sight from one eye and had to fight with one eye. I also thought Rigo saw a hurt animal in round 12 and was going for a KO... 10 rounds 2(maybe)
    I gave Donaire 3 rounds but 1 of them I may have been generous. Of the 4 even rounds I I was pushed I woul have given 2 each but argument could be made for all of them to Rigo so I'm not saying the 10-2 is wrong. I really appreciate what Rigo did and I'm not one of those guys that just gives rounds to someone marching forward I just felt in a lot of the close rounds Rigo could have won them if he threw an extra punch after the counter and worked a bit harder. I've said this a bout Cuban boxers before but they sometimes seem lazy in the ring and there were moments in there this could be said about Rigo

Thread Information