Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It seems to me that Warren and Calzaghe aren't entirely to blame.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It seems to me that Warren and Calzaghe aren't entirely to blame.....

Frank Warren wants to see Joe Calzaghe in the ring with a world star in July - he just hopes one of them will "have the balls" to face him.

Warren says he's made offers to a string of big names for Calzaghe's summer date, and adds the Welshman says he'll be ready to rumble despite a broken hand.

Calzaghe suffered the fracture in stopping 'Contender' star Peter Manfredo in Cardiff recently.

That made it 20 successful world title defences for the man from Newbridge, and now Warren is hoping to line him up a summer superfight.

He said on his website: "Hopefully it will be against a big name - if they have the balls to fight him.

"WBA super-middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler is already claiming he won't be ready until September even though three weeks ago he was screaming for a fight with the number one.

"As well as making an offer to the Dane, I've also put US$4million on the table if middleweight number one Jermain Taylor is interested.

"And up-and-coming Carl Froch - who doesn't yet mean anything in the States, who likes to boost that he'll smoke Calzaghe's boots - has also been made a more-than generous offer. Will he risk the Welshman putting out his fire?

"I can definitely tell you Joe has been willing to face all-comers over the years - and hasn't been the one doing the ducking.

"When he's gone, Joe will be sorely missed. But he'll be around at the top for a few years yet, and talking to HBO's Ross Greenberg, who was delighted with the viewing figures in the States over the weekend, they will showcase his next fight."

Taylor for one appears to be out of the reckoning, as he's about to fight Cory Spinks on May 19 and says he wants a whopping US$10million to face Calzaghe.

Some good points in that statement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It seems to me that Warren and Calzaghe aren't entirely to blame.....

it's all just words....no one knows what Warren has really offered or what Joe C has said....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It seems to me that Warren and Calzaghe aren't entirely to blame.....

I just hope to god that Carl Froch gets the shot at JC. It's looking likely and i really do hope it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At first i thought Froch would'nt stand a chance but after his last fight and Calzaghes last 2 fights i think Froch has a very good chance in fact i think he would probably stop Calzaghe

El Kabong Guest

I think it is both their fault as Joe has yet to fight outside of Europe........EVER

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where's all the Froch lovers when you need 'em? I found a quote where FW says he offered him

"by far and away the biggest pay cheque of his career"

and

"I have not asked for options on his career in the event that he wins"
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see Froch v Calzaghe infact that is the one fight at SMW that really appeals style wise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch would get schooled. I'm surprised at Kessler but if they think $4million to JT is enough,thats a joke. Asking JT to move up,come to Britan AND fight for a sum that he could EASILY make is a joke. Fair enough,JT's $10mill is OTT but it's just to get negotiations going,he did the same with Winky.

And NO WAY is JT ducking JC. No way,a guy who's fought B Hop twice and Winky. Highly unlikely. I love watching JC but he needs to grow some balls and go Stateside,especially if he wants to win US fans respect/attention which I presume is his intention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has to fight either Kessler,Taylor,Jones or Froch next or nobody will be interested i just want to see him get beat he's a fraud

El Kabong Guest

....what about Hopkins or Wright

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    I'd love to see Froch v Calzaghe infact that is the one fight at SMW that really appeals style wise.
    I'd love to see it too

But what happens to Froch's career after Calzaghe has bashed him from pillar to post
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really think Hopkins and Wright are all that Hopkins lost to Taylor twice then beat a fading weight drained Tarver Winky has looked abit boring he just labours in his victories behind the jab he's boring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Froch would get schooled. I'm surprised at Kessler but if they think $4million to JT is enough,thats a joke. Asking JT to move up,come to Britan AND fight for a sum that he could EASILY make is a joke. Fair enough,JT's $10mill is OTT but it's just to get negotiations going,he did the same with Winky.

And NO WAY is JT ducking JC. No way,a guy who's fought B Hop twice and Winky. Highly unlikely. I love watching JC but he needs to grow some balls and go Stateside,especially if he wants to win US fans respect/attention which I presume is his intention.
    yeah man. good shout. no way is JT ducking calzaghe. and its unfair for calzaghe to not fight outside the UK for his whole career and then claim that everyone is ducking him because they arnt willing to come over here. if he so desperately wants these big names then why doesnt he chase them and go state side?
    and calzaghe needs taylor a hell of a lot more than taylor needs calzaghe. JT is already fighting the guys that calzaghe is desperately trying to get in the ring e.g. bhop and winky wright.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    I'd love to see it too

But what happens to Froch's career after Calzaghe has bashed him from pillar to post

Im thinking that too mate and i know Froch has been calling on him for a while now but i think it may be too soon in his career.
    Maybe Carl should go the Euro route first and earn himself a few quid in the process because like you say if he lost then his clout falls in the division.
    At this stage he may just need more experience but theres no doubt in my mind he'd go looking for Joe early if they met and it would be an exciting fight to watch as they both have granite chins.
    Froch however would not agree and i admire his self belief and confidence.
    Great to watch

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha, as if CF would get schooled or owned it would be the best fight to make at 168 in the july period ( bearing in mind Kessler cant take the july fight ) but i do honestly think that it would boost JC more than anything if he takes on CF. He is the number 3 supermiddle weight and he is stopping everybody he fights and in great fashion as well.

It makes sense for him to take the CF fight for some reasons.

1) There isnt anybody else
    2) CF is making a big name of himself and is highly ranked
    3) It would draw a lot of British attention and it would only boost JC if he won
    4) It would be an awesome challenge for JC and i truely believe it would be his hardest fight Reid ( when you truely think about it )
    5) It would assert JC as being the number one at 168 and make sure he gets the fight with Kessler.
    6) He can shut CF's mouth for once?

I just can't see why JC cant see this! CF can only boost him and to be honest if JT aint going to take the fight he should take this one for sure. I see this one bigger than the Lacy one, Lacy isnt as good as CF and I know this for a fact! I just cant see why people dont want to see a JC-CF match up. I truely is the best match up JC can take at the July period? I think so

Thread Information