Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Was John Ruiz the bravest and toughest Puerto Rican fighter of all time?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Was John Ruiz the bravest and toughest Puerto Rican fighter of all time?

So I was thinking. Puerto Rican boxers are like a poor mans version of Mexican fighters. It was said on the Canelo card or was it the Martinez-Chavez card that a Puerto Ricans biggest dream is to fight a mexican. I do agree that much because in a way I feel they try to emulate our fighting style. Anyways back on the topic.. John Ruiz is not built like the prototypical Rican.. Amazingly he was able to find food somewhere in the Island and blew up to heavyweight and won a belt there. To me he is the bravest Rican fighter there ever was. His quest to find food is remarkable. Excluding the Roy Jones fight... oh and the Value fight... and well you get the point. Opinions ... ?
    Last edited by outspoken; 10-09-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Was John Ruiz the bravest and toughest Puerto Rican fighter of all time?

my opinion is that you are a moron for wording the question like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Was John Ruiz the bravest and toughest Puerto Rican fighter of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    my opinion is that you are a moron for wording the question like this.
    It's a legit question lol

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has there been an Mexican heavyweight champion?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Has there been an Mexican heavyweight champion?
    John Ruiz is the only person of any latino group to ever have such honors.. once again another reason why he might be the greatest rican of all time eh?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he was easily braver than Tito Trinidad, Miguel Cotto or Wilfred Benitez.

Nice wind up thread
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John ruiz was a good fighter and puerto ricans are not no poor mans anything to any mexicans or any other race.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Ruiz was horrible, but it's just a bit sad that we have to decry a nation just because they are poor. There are a lot of them nations out there representing half the humans on this planet if not more. Anyone making it deserves credit and all the more for doing it from less than humble origins.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to be pretty brave to go that many rounds vs Valuev with only a thin layer of trunks and a 6' inch barrier of stanking body hair between you. Damn near fearless!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    John Ruiz was horrible, but it's just a bit sad that we have to decry a nation just because they are poor. There are a lot of them nations out there representing half the humans on this planet if not more. Anyone making it deserves credit and all the more for doing it from less than humble origins.

Miles, I know you mean well, but you obviously know very little about Puerto Rico, other than the insults being hurled by VD and his rabid little chihuahua. If you've noticed, I haven't bothered to respond to what is obviously an ignorant, baiting thread. Instead, I've chosen to leave it simmering like a huge pile of dinosaur shit, collecting flies and looking pathetic and ridiculous for all to see. For a well-traveled academic bloke such as yourself, may I suggest some reading material on Puerto Rico..... as geography seems to be a huge void in many people's minds.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never got why people hated him so much... He fought pretty much everybody around and always showed up in shape, he wasn't trashy and he brought the hilarity of norman stone with him.

His maul and grab style was ugly, but people embraced hatton for his (I know hatton threw a lot more punches, but I find both their styles equally ugly)... I can hardly see him being loved but I think the hate he got wasn't deserved.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was a solıd fıghter --- toughest ever I dont thınk--- so but solıd.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, Orlando Cruz revealing that he's gay makes him the bravest. And Cotto letting the world see he sleeps with men on 24/7 was brave too.

Proud Puerto Ricans breaking down boundaries. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    No, Orlando Cruz revealing that he's gay makes him the bravest. And Cotto letting the world see he sleeps with men on 24/7 was brave too.

Proud Puerto Ricans breaking down boundaries. Fact.
    Wow, I had not thought about it that way but you're absolutely right. Orlando Cruz is the toughest Rican of all time. I'm sure TitoFan and Terrible agree.

Thread Information