Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bradley stripped of WBC light-welterweight title - Witter v Alexander for vacant belt

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bradley stripped of WBC light-welterweight title - Witter v Alexander for vacant belt

According to an article published today on fightnews, the WBC have stripped Tim Bradley of the WBC light-welterweight title. Apparently, he had promised to fight mandatory Devon Alexander after the Kendall Holt fight, but is now no longer going to fulfill that obligation.

Therefore, Devon Alexander is set to fight Junior Witter, as they are 1 & 2 in the WBC rankings, with a purse bid on 22 May if nothing is agreed by then.

It may be one way for Britain to get back one of the world champions who have been dethroned over the past year, though Witter's had just one outing at the end of 08 since losing his title to Bradley. Most of the names, apart from DeMarcus Corley on the Alexander mean little to me, can any of our American friends tell me anything about this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley stripped of WBC light-welterweight title - Witter v Alexander for vacant

He is young, tough, relentless and good power as well as determined.... I think he will be all over Wittters ass from jump street and break him down.

Alexander is pretty underrated and should have been fighting for a title a year ago, to say Don King has mismanaged this kid is an understatement.

Bradley wont fight this kid because of the risk/reward of it.. I really think Alexander would have beat him and Bradley knows he could vary well lose and not be able to cash in on his winning streak of late.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley stripped of WBC light-welterweight title - Witter v Alexander for vacant

So the WBC will let just about anyone make voluntary defenses of their titles but expect Bradley to jump in and take on the #1 challenger with no questions asked... BULLSHIT!
    Sulaiman at work again here folks...

As for Devon, in my top 5 favorito prospects of 2008. Was thinking by now he'd be more along the way but unfortunately he hasn't.
    Really solid kid, outstanding ring generalship, lacks pop in his shots but in a division where their aren't devastating punchers he'll be fine. I'd like to see more aggressiveness from him and more desire to go in and just work. At times I find him a bit too chilled which at times is good but not all the time. The fact that he spars with Spinks and holds his own tells you the kids got skills. He's looked promising thus far so fighting Witter will def. tell us a lot about him and where he stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    So the WBC will let just about anyone make voluntary defenses of their titles but expect Bradley to jump in and take on the #1 challenger with no questions asked... BULLSHIT!

As for Devon, in my top 5 favorito prospects of 2008. Was thinking by now he'd be more along the way but unfortunately he hasn't.
    Really solid kid, outstanding ring generalship, lacks pop in his shots but in a division where their aren't devastating punchers he'll be fine. I'd like to see more aggressiveness from him and more desire to go in and just work. At times I find him a bit too chilled which at times is good but not all the time. The fact that he spars with Spinks and holds his own tells you the kids got skills. He's looked promising thus far so fighting Witter will def. tell us a lot about him and where he stands.
    The fight with me that really stood out for me was against Chop, Chop... Though Corley is faded pretty bad.. I saw Alexander really put it on him and break him down... Looked agressive to me at least, admitteldly I have only seen him against Colrley and in passing against someone else, but everything I read about this kid says he is the real deal...

Would you agree with the whole risk vs reward theory on why Bradley is not going to fight him Mick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC is pathetic. They are absolute garbage.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty typical political B.S.More champions and belt holders create revenue. Bradley is coming off three tough credible outings in Witter......who just slingshots back into another shot,tough and durable Cherry and taking on fellow Champ Holt for the title win.He does not strike me as one to dip and dodge a challege,but Alexander is Imo,still a work in progress.The same may be said of Bradley on the Championship level in all fairness,he showed me alot by scraping himself off the floor and taking that win vs. Holt.Every young fighter needs that type of gut check,you can build on that.He and Devon would be a great fight.Devon looks to have some serious skills,good hands but I thought he was some what pedestrian Saturday night...then again he probally knew this was all lined up.And hes very vocal

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

The fight with me that really stood out for me was against Chop, Chop... Though Corley is faded pretty bad.. I saw Alexander really put it on him and break him down... Looked agressive to me at least, admitteldly I have only seen him against Colrley and in passing against someone else, but everything I read about this kid says he is the real deal...

Would you agree with the whole risk vs reward theory on why Bradley is not going to fight him Mick?
    The Corely fight is def. his best outing.

I do agree on that, I think Bradley knows he's taken on 2 top fighters back to back. Taking on Devon would def. by high risk low reward.
    Bradley knows now that he's thrown his name in the hat where Pac,Hatton, JMM, Nate, PBF are all in.
    He just has to hope one of them bites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
    The WBC is pathetic. They are absolute garbage.
    have to agree with that i mean come on it would be a joke if witter got the title back

Thread Information