Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The worst HW title fight in 30 years!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The worst HW title fight in 30 years!

The Martin/Joshua IBF HW Title fight is THEE WORST title fight I EVER saw, and was EVER mistreated to. This fight was God awful, and I mean God awful. I honestly can't think of a HW title fight that sucked and was much of a let down as this one was?! And I have seen a lot of fights.

Maybe it's because Martin didn't want to get back up after the second knockdown, and we knew he didn't want to get back up. Let's put that next to Tyson/Spinks, which was a full round shorter, but at least we knew Spinks could NOT have gotten back up to fight. So we gatta give Spinks a pass.

The only other stinky fights I can think of in the last 30 years was Seldon/Tyson and Wlad/Povetkin. I don't think anything can be worse than those three right there, with Johsua/Martin being the worst title fight!

Name me a HW title fight that sucked as much as Martin/Joshua did. Name one!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The worst HW title fight in 30 years!

Hasim Rahman vs John Ruiz, and a couple other fights from each of those guys, were worse. If you mean Martin was the worst person in a title fight in that time I can't argue, but AJ dealt with him accordingly so I don't know what you are griping about.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Hasim Rahman vs John Ruiz, and a couple other fights from each of those guys, were worse. If you mean Martin was the worst person in a title fight in that time I can't argue, but AJ dealt with him accordingly so I don't know what you are griping about.
    The fight stunk. It did not deliver anything. This was a waste of a fight and a title. This fight stunk! At least at the time Ruiz and Rahman were legit guys and fought to the end.... but this fight was pointless aside from the belt being on the line.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martin vs Glazkov was worse. It was a trinket lender match in the first place with no belief either would go far at all. Joshua just cleaned up the mess in short order, reset some of the division. Obvious set ups by defending 'champs' like Bowe v Dokes, Valuev v Beck or Povetkin v Rahman are bad.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely disgraceful, if this was an IBF world title fight somebodys having a big time laff

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valuev Haye was insulting to watch.

Been awhile....but I think Seldon vs Hipp was about a jab...even though Hipp looked like he was beaten... I don't remember a single power shot.

Suspect to say Briggs vs Liakhovich. Except round one and the last minute of the last round.
    For 10 rounds Briggs posed while sucking air...like a 10round asthma attack.

Kevin Johnson vs Vitali Klitschko. I looked up the stats. Johnson landed 65 punches. 5 power punches.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    The Martin/Joshua IBF HW Title fight is THEE WORST title fight I EVER saw, and was EVER mistreated to. This fight was God awful, and I mean God awful. I honestly can't think of a HW title fight that sucked and was much of a let down as this one was?! And I have seen a lot of fights.

Maybe it's because Martin didn't want to get back up after the second knockdown, and we knew he didn't want to get back up. Let's put that next to Tyson/Spinks, which was a full round shorter, but at least we knew Spinks could NOT have gotten back up to fight. So we gatta give Spinks a pass.

The only other stinky fights I can think of in the last 30 years was Seldon/Tyson and Wlad/Povetkin. I don't think anything can be worse than those three right there, with Johsua/Martin being the worst title fight!

Your full SH*T

This is what said before the fight

I was always keen on Martin. I didn't know he would have gotten a shot so quickly, but I always noticed something sneaky about his straight left hand and his handspeed.
    Martin has gone a good full set before. He looked like he got stronger....
    So now Joshua beat him easily, you change your tune.

And maybe Martin is a good champ, but Joshua is something outstanding. I thought it was a good fight. You trying to say Fury was more impressive in beating Wlad ? Or Wilder beating Stiverne ? You trying to tell everyone they were better fights than Martin - Joshua ?

Come on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson vs Bonecrusher Smith

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs Vs Liakhovich is the worst fight I have ever seen by a wide margin.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

Your full SH*T

I was always keen on Martin. I didn't know he would have gotten a shot so quickly, but I always noticed something sneaky about his straight left hand and his handspeed.

And maybe Martin is a good champ, but Joshua is something outstanding. I thought it was a good fight. You trying to say Fury was more impressive in beating Wlad ? Or Wilder beating Stiverne ? You trying to tell everyone they were better fights than Martin - Joshua ?

Come on
    I'll happily admit I thought it was going to be closer although I always thought AJ would win. I didn't factor in the fact that Martin was just selling his belt and has little or no pride.
    as far as worst HW title fight, it's about taste I suppose. I would rather watch this than 12 rounds of Zero action like Wlad v Povetkin or Fury.
    And if you think it was a shit fight, there's only 1 person to blame. AJ came out and did what he's supposed to do.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was crap and a disappointment, but what were you expecting? Hell, Martin is a fighter most of us had never heard of until a few months ago! Happenstance or whimsy....of a drunken boxing God?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a blow out, not the worst fight. Examples provided of Briggs title fight and Ruiz were worse.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Provetkin v rahman was pretty shocking
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the winner has to be wlad v provertkin

that was horrendous, there should have been a major international Ofcom enquiry
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

Your full SH*T

Come on
    Because I felt highly about the fight before means that I can't dislike the outcome? You are a total twat!!

The fight SUCKED!!! That was a terrible fight. The fight SUCKED!!!

Hidden Content

Thread Information