Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's next for Wladimir?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Who's next for Wladimir?

Now that that fight vs Sam Peter is over and the IBF title has been successfully defended....who will Wlad fight next? Or better yet, who will want to fight Wlad next? You've got to factor in that Wlad will probably want another fight in February-March so that will rule out Chicken Little for the time being.

It's a really short list now, there's not a lot of new blood that's ready for Wladimir...I think Adamek is at the top of the list right now.

If that fight can't be made then Wlad either waits or digs someone up to fight. Would LOVE to see Povetkin have a go just to shut Teddy Atlas up for a bit.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's next for Wladimir?

Not many People left really.... i would love to see him fight Vitali

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    Not many People left really.... i would love to see him fight Vitali
    ...I would love for Wlad to stomp the crap out of Antonio Tarver, but the fight wouldn't mean much...it would just be fun to see

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the fight v haye will really happen next... after haye beats harrison he has no excuses not to fight wlad and i think wlad wants this fight and there isn't really anyone else for either of them... I dont think the harrison fight has gone down well with any of hayes fans so he'll need a big one soon...

I guess adamek was fighting grant to get used to tall guys but i think vitali will take him on to beat up the polish heavyweights..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haye will fight Vitali before Wlad and I think he will beat him.

As for Wlad I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Evander next. That will probably be the most in shape fighter there is out there too.

Adamek will fight Peter next to gauge himself against Wlad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Adamek but it is suicide for him to fight either klitchko.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate the guy but was impressed today he wins whoever it is he fights.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In an ideal world it would be Haye. If Haye wants to have any merit and substance coming into an entrenched Champions house, he needs to demand a fight with Wlad and stop hiding behing financial rhetoric. Not the other way around . He really has everything to lose in Harrison fight and not much to gain except a check. Adamek would be fun and don't see him flenching at the chance but he is racking up some bruising fights and think he'd be way in over his head in more ways then one.

jon09 Guest

I would like to see him fight Valuev or Adamek and maybe Hayes balls will descend by 2011 and that fight will happen.

El Kabong Guest

Tyson Fury said he wanted a shot....maybe Wlad should demonstrate on Chicken Little's fellow countryman to "hype" the fight.

I would like for it to be Valuev, but hell when you say "Holyfield is in the best shape out of the rest of the heavyweights" and you aren't exaggerating I guess everyone is a possibility. David Tua is still a possibility, Povetkin (if he's ready), but there are a few top choices:

Tomaz Adamek
    Odlanier Solis
    Denis Boytsov (which I would really hate, because I like the kid but he's just too small for these guys)
    Alexander Dimitrenko (the Ukrainian Audley Harrison...only younger)
    Fransisco Pianetta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There really is no one left...Haye? Haye is waiting around to see him start to decline or more then likely Vitali because he is starting to show his age.....Other then that and I don't think those fights will happen Wlad has no one else legit to fight...Not his fault just that he is that much better then the rest of the crop...What is to do retire and miss making millions because he is bigger and better then the rest? No a few more fights to see if he can flush Haye out and then retire with an outstanding career...

I liken him to LL though not as good as Lewis was Wlad like Lennox has gotten better as he has gotten older when most heavyweights started to decline the are still reaching the top...33-36 yrs old was LL best years skill wise...He made it look too easy too often and Wlad does the same.....

In truth if Wlad and Vitaly retire we would have better fights in the division...Not that the fighters would get better but they would be more evenly matched

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Solis I'm guessing, he's a decent draw in Germany in his own right. Perhaps Adamek, there really aren't any names left that will actually get in the ring with him. Haye, Valuev and Povetkin are all out.......
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I think the fight v haye will really happen next... after haye beats harrison he has no excuses not to fight wlad and i think wlad wants this fight and there isn't really anyone else for either of them... I dont think the harrison fight has gone down well with any of hayes fans so he'll need a big one soon...

I guess adamek was fighting grant to get used to tall guys but i think vitali will take him on to beat up the polish heavyweights..
    Haye has fans? I'm puzzled by that. The man has backed out of the most potentially profitable fights of his career. Although I'm not a big fan of either of the Klitschko brothers, I think they would both knock Haye into tomorrow within 5 rounds. Peter has a good beard, so it's no surprise that he lasted 10 rounds.

Lets be honest: Haye won a b.s. title from a protected, circus side-show; a freak-show with limited -- if any -- athletic ability, who 'defended' his title on a number of occasions only to get gift decisions. It was only time before he was exposed. Crap, even a WAY over-the-hill Holyfield beat him soundly and was robbed of a decision!

I think it's as likely to see Haye in the ring with either Klitschko brother as it is to see the entire Muslim population to convert to Judaism and become orthodox Jews -- it isn't going to happen.

However, although boring, you can say that you've witnessed the most impressive domination of a division by two brothers. Both the Klitschkos are just steps ahead of any potential opponent, and there doesn't seem to be ANYONE in the H.W. division that can do a damn thing about it.

I'd go as far to say that Haye would get KO'd by Peter, too. But he'd run from that fight, too.

Who's next for Wladimir? I guess anyone out there that has the balls to sign the contract and make it into the ring.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...... i don't even mention haye anymore. I'd give none of them a shot, but ademek and some others a better one than haye.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would love to see Wladimir vs Povetkin more than ANY other fight in the heavyweight division

But If Atlas won't allow once again this BIG fight to happen than David Haye would be a REALLY GOOD FIGHT. But he refused to fight Wlad few times and NOW is fighting some tomato can, so even if that fight sometime happens, it won't be the NEXT one for Wladimir.

Povetkin and Haye are the only 2 Heavyweights that stand a chance to beat Klitschko, BUT if they and their teams countinue with the DUCK, IT IS NOT Wlad's fault that the best possible fights are NOT HAPPENING, he can move on and fight somebody from this list: Odlanier Solis, Nikolay Valuev or Tomasz Adamek

Thread Information