Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Easy Way to Lose Weight

One of the best proven ways to lose weight is to cleanse your body of the toxins that are in it. We have to face the fact that our body is constantly taking in toxins through the digestion of food and drink, and these substances can be stored as fats in the body, or harm the body in the form of poison. The body needs detoxification to get rid of these toxins regularly, and strictly speaking, our kidneys can only do as much as they can.

In order for our body to be detoxified, we need to reduce the intake of these toxins so that the kidneys are able to cleanse them faster. The most regular way is to abstain from food for a few days (fasting) as if you are a sick person, so that the body can purge the toxins faster. However, we all know that fasting is not easy because we are used to a lifestyle of eating good food.

You may want to give the water detox diet a go. This involves the consumption of stuff that contains a lot of water and little energy. Yes, you may guess that fruits can also act as a detoxification agent.

Fruits help to provide your body with nutrients and water, which are essential daily. Furthermore, they contain fibre that helps to soothe your hunger while not contributing to energy intake. This helps to reduce toxin intake, and your body will be able to cleanse the remaining toxins quickly.

A point of advice here is that if you are on a water detox diet, do not try to over strain your body through highly rigorous activities. The body is not taking in much energy, so if you go and do some powerful sports, your body may end up feeling weak. If you really want to play such sports, then you'll need to eat a bit to provide the carbohydrates for the energy. Do not be mistaken that by abstaining from food and exercising strenuously, the faster you can lose weight. This would harm the body in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Easy Way to Lose Weight

Quote Originally Posted by LioraEngler View Post
    One of the best proven ways to lose weight is to cleanse your body of the toxins that are in it. We have to face the fact that our body is constantly taking in toxins through the digestion of food and drink, and these substances can be stored as fats in the body, or harm the body in the form of poison. The body needs detoxification to get rid of these toxins regularly, and strictly speaking, our kidneys can only do as much as they can.

In order for our body to be detoxified, we need to reduce the intake of these toxins so that the kidneys are able to cleanse them faster. The most regular way is to abstain from food for a few days (fasting) as if you are a sick person, so that the body can purge the toxins faster. However, we all know that fasting is not easy because we are used to a lifestyle of eating good food.

You may want to give the water detox diet a go. This involves the consumption of stuff that contains a lot of water and little energy. Yes, you may guess that fruits can also act as a detoxification agent.

Fruits help to provide your body with nutrients and water, which are essential daily. Furthermore, they contain fibre that helps to soothe your hunger while not contributing to energy intake. This helps to reduce toxin intake, and your body will be able to cleanse the remaining toxins quickly.

A point of advice here is that if you are on a water detox diet, do not try to over strain your body through highly rigorous activities. The body is not taking in much energy, so if you go and do some powerful sports, your body may end up feeling weak. If you really want to play such sports, then you'll need to eat a bit to provide the carbohydrates for the energy. Do not be mistaken that by abstaining from food and exercising strenuously, the faster you can lose weight. This would harm the body in the long run.
    Fruit is full of 'energy', its composed of simple carbohydrates, i.e. fructose..

I believe in detoxing by drinking natural green tea and only sticking to water rather than other drinks, and staying with natural foods that aren't processed, but like restricting yourself from proper food in order to cleanse your body really isn't the way to go.

If you would like to show me published medical records to back your claims, please do so, as I'm interested to see how this so called detoxing diet works...

El Kabong Guest

Well I might not know a bunch about any kind of diets or anything but I know the juice of a whole lime in a glass of water will clean you out pretty good....I have a couple glasses every day.

Eating breakfast helps as well....you know who doesn't eat breakfast? Sumo wrestlers, that's who! Not eating breakfast slows your metabolism and well makes it easier for you to fatten up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the info. So before I can even think about losing weight, I should detox first?

I want to lose 20lbs in 3 months. I dont think that would happen, but Im 5'10 and 215lbs. I lift weights a lot but I want to get rid of the gut and man boobs. LOL

Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Immortal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LioraEngler View Post

Fruit is full of 'energy', its composed of simple carbohydrates, i.e. fructose..

I believe in detoxing by drinking natural green tea and only sticking to water rather than other drinks, and staying with natural foods that aren't processed, but like restricting yourself from proper food in order to cleanse your body really isn't the way to go.

If you would like to show me published medical records to back your claims, please do so, as I'm interested to see how this so called detoxing diet works...
    I think he means that fibre does not contribute to your energy intake... or at least I hope so... if not it's a very stupid statement... as opposed to a dubious one (we know that soluble fibre does can be digested and metabolised, just not how many kcals per gram. it's estimated at about 2 though, which is less, though not drastically less than the kcals stored per gram in fats, proteins and carbs... I'd give you exact numbers but it's been a while since I studied, they all fall between 4 and

Eat a handful of strawberries and raspberries before you go to bed and see if you can relax enough to get off to sleep!!!

Most fruit is fairly high in naturally occurring simple sugars, not at all unhealthy sugars by any means when in taken with a balanced diet but energy rich sugar none the less.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 04-12-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Immortal View Post

Seconded. I think the whole detoxing business is a load of rubbish to be honest. I also think the scare for "simple sugars" is unfounded, as complex carbs break down into the same simple sugars when digested. What matters is that every calorie from carbs should be as rich in micronutrients (vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals) as possible. Why worry about how sugars are chained, just make sure they come from natural foods.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wanna lose weight? Not rocket science folks. Eat less, run more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LioraEngler
    The most regular way is to abstain from food for a few days (fasting) as if you are a sick person, so that the body can purge the toxins faster.
    Not eating would be the last thing on my mind in case of sickness. Your immune system needs phytochemicals to combat whatever the problem is, that's why my grandmother made me eat chicken vegetable soup. She had no idea why it worked, but it did. The only sick people that refrain from eating are those that are dying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Indeed. Less food, more activity. You can increase your engine's efficiency by giving it the right fuel, but apart from that it's a simple matter of expending more than you take in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

self decipline too.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by maximo View Post
    Thanks for the info. So before I can even think about losing weight, I should detox first?
    nah, that will come with proper training and diet... don't worry about that for now.

You should START by increasing your base of Aerobic fitness, it's good that you're weight lifting, putting on muscle mass will make you burn more energy at rest but without a serious diet that isn't going to give you drastic results if you are prone to gaining weight any way.

As I've said you need a good base or foundation to build from, keep doing your weight training but also get out there and go on some runs/cycles/swims about 3 times a week... nothing complex or crazy, go for time and keep working through out all of it say 40 minutes at a medium intensity.

Once you've done that for about 5 weeks coupled with your weight lifting you should have started to loose some weight (which wasn't our goal) and have improved your cardiovascular fitness and muscle suppleness
    (which was our goal because we need to get you in shape for the serious part of all of this ).

From here you should start with what is known as interval training - short to medium length training sessions of intense, repeated bouts of exercise incorporating large, multiple muscle groups and inter spaced with short periods of active rest.

An example would be for example a run... you start off for 10-15 minutes at a medium pace, gradually building up speed, you find a set of stairs/hill/set of lamp posts to run up/in between and then you sprint between the start and finish as many times as you can with out losing form, jog it off for 5 minutes and then do the same again - repeat for a fer sets and then jog back home to cool down.

You could apply the same principle to swimming - start of at a leisurely pace doing something easy like breast stroke for 5-10 minutes and then do a few lengths of all out crawl, then go back to breast stroke, which is your active rest and repeat. etc

You can apply it to bag work, cycling (though you'd probably need either a track or an indoor cycler to go all out on a bike)... loads of stuff

initially you should increase the intensity and form, rather than the amount of sprints etc that you do.

The reason for doing this is that interval training burns a crazy amount of calories as you're doing it, it uses energy sources from all of the energy systems and it raises your metabolism - the rate that your body burns calories -sky high.

If you're metabolism is low then your body will store more of the calories you eat as fat.

The reason why I say to raise your base level of fitness before doing this is because it is intense, it will strip the fat off you but if you just jump into it you're more likely to injure your self because your body won't be up to it and you won't understand your body or it's limits as well as you need.

I may be getting carried away here, it's difficult for me to explain a whole entire training cycle in one forum post, it'd be much easier if I was sat in a gym with you with a bunch of charts. That is a very very basic over view of what I'd run a client through.

I guess the most important things are -

energy balance - eat less calories than you use. Simple as

Spread your food intake throughout the day - this raises your metabolism, our bodies like to store nutrients (particularly fat!) because back in the day we'd only get fat from animals we'd hunted... not farmed, so our body's had to be able to cope with not eating meat 7 days a week. Eat smaller meals regularly (say 5 or 6 times a day, 3 medium sized meals and 2-3 health servings of snacks (fruit/oats etc) and you will teach your body that nutrients are readily available and it will learn to store less.

Exercise to boost your metabolism.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being in the military I work out pretty vigorously daily and the wife and I eat pretty well. Don't drink much and have a balanced diet. My weight stays between 200-210, but when I need to drop weight I cut all carbs and as much sugar as possible. Essentially I go adkins and drink lots of water. I typically lose 10-15 pounds in two weeks. Cutting carbs is not sustainable for me as a life style but it always works to get under 200 for me.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOXING GOD View Post
    Get sum abolene rub it all over ur body put on a sweater then a plastic sweat suit over it(or a trash bag wit head and arm holes cut out works just as well)a hoodie over that and get 2 work.train hard or run and you'll sweat puddles
    You'll sweat like a mad man no doubt, but it will do nothing except dehydrate you, the moment you drink water the weight is back on.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOXING GOD View Post
    Get sum abolene rub it all over ur body put on a sweater then a plastic sweat suit over it(or a trash bag wit head and arm holes cut out works just as well)a hoodie over that and get 2 work.train hard or run and you'll sweat puddles
    That's fluid, not body mass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by maximo View Post

I want to lose 20lbs in 3 months. I dont think that would happen, but Im 5'10 and 215lbs. I lift weights a lot but I want to get rid of the gut and man boobs. LOL

Any help is appreciated.
    If you have a gut and man boobs, then 20 lbs in 3 months is a damn cakewalk.. Losing excess fat is the EASIEST, and i mean EASIEST situation as far as losing weight goes. All you have to do is run, and decrease your intake of calories..

Over the winter i was up around 165-168 (wasn't fat at all, just had a bit of a gut from all the beer), it took me less than 3 weeks to get down to 154, and i was still going out drinking. Excess fat is easy to lose if you have any idea of how the human body works. Burn more, consume less, it's really simple, people are just lazy.

Thread Information