Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am i the only one who think Oscar will dominate Floyd?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Am i the only one who think Oscar will dominate Floyd?

Now im not talking about Oscar getting a SP, or lucky late KO... Im talking about Oscar walking in and dominating lil Floyd Mayweather and outboxing him, then pherhaps maybe knocking him out in the late rounds. I think Oscar is stronger, just as fast, and more determine then Floyd. It's obvious floyd has never faced someone like Oscar, he has more reach then him, he is at his weight while floyd is moving up. He can box just as he can slug. I seriously dont see Floyd winning.... who agrees?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Am i the only one who think Oscar will dominate Floyd?

I like Oscar in this fight, main reason is this is by far the best opponent Floyd has faced. Floyd is also moving up in weight where he has never fought before. Oscar is comfortable at this weight and is a lot faster than people give him credit for. I don't think Floyd's punches will do much to Oscar. I like Oscar by a dominant decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot see Oscar dominating this fight. I can see his jab working for 3 rounds until Floyd gets his rhythm and then Floyd takes over and wins a boring 12 round decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    Now im not talking about Oscar getting a SP, or lucky late KO... Im talking about Oscar walking in and dominating lil Floyd Mayweather and outboxing him, then pherhaps maybe knocking him out in the late rounds. I think Oscar is stronger, just as fast, and more determine then Floyd. It's obvious floyd has never faced someone like Oscar, he has more reach then him, he is at his weight while floyd is moving up. He can box just as he can slug. I seriously dont see Floyd winning.... who agrees?
    and the people even a little similar to Floyd have given Oscar issues(Jeff Mayweather the exception)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But on that same point, Floyd has seen NOBODY like De La Hoya. Experience is valuable.

Honestly, I could see it potentially being a close fight because Oscar is such a diverse puncher who picks his punches better then anyone and guys like that give anyone trouble. He's never been blown out, ever even against Hopkins, and you have to believe there is a reason for that. I can see it being close, but if I'm picking blowouts, it's Floyd all the way. Floyd has the intangibles stacked against him but he has skill that comes along once in a generation. He won't be blown out by anybody.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    and the people even a little similar to Floyd have given Oscar issues(Jeff Mayweather the exception)

Um.. yeah like Sugar Shane Mosley who has just about the same speed as Floyd but hits stronger? Remember Oscar-Shane 1... close i can see how some people pick Shane... But the second fight was BULL Oscar won that fight. Easily.... But I guess your picking Floyd... Hopefully he will serve you a bit better then Mayorga did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd is a greater fighter than Mosley. He has a better flow with his punches and all around is more rounded. Mosley might have better power inside but Floyd has better fundamentals and that means alot. Floyd also gets better and better as the fight goes on. I think he is like Sugar Ray Leonard in that he is very intuitive. He sees more and more what he can do as the fight progresses. That is why I think Oscar should get right on Floyd in round one and take it to him and try to stop him early or at least bust him up enough where Floyd's gameplan is totally disrupted where he never has seen that kind of pressure before. But Floyd seems to me the better skilled fight over Mosley. Mosley has good handspeed but his footspeed is not so great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd might have better all around skill than Shane...but Shane definitely has more power. I really feel Floyd was already stretching his frame and power too much at 147...now he is going up to 154. What will happen if Oscar walks through his punches? Because Oscar has a great chin to go along with his big power...his room for error is bit larger than Floyd's. Floyd has to be ultra careful the entire fight...because one punch can potentially end his night...and he doesn't have the power to keep Oscar off of him. Sure he has the speed...but someone of Oscar's skill and intelligence will eventually catch him and force him to go toe to toe. I think Floyd is really banking on the hope that his speed will keep Oscar off of him for the first part of the fight and that Oscar's age will show up at the end of the fight. But if Oscar comes into this fight in great shape and is sharp, which he look like he will, Floyd will have to fight the perfect fight to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar needs to presure to win the fight but since when has Oscar been a pressure fighter? SSM gave Oscar hell,Pernell,an old Pernell,did too. PBF is quicker than them both. It's not always about size or strength,especially if you are not accustomed to using it to win the fight. Oscar has always looked much more impressive boxing his way to wins. The only fighter Floyd has ever struggled with is JLC but he was a PURe PRESSURE FIGHTER,Oscar isn't. The only one doing the dominating here will be fLOYD,ring smarts,intelligence wins fights and no body is more accomplished in that area than the Pretty Boy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Floyd won't be stretching himself at all imo. He weighed 150 at the last weight in,whos to say he won't stay at that weight or even come in lighter I think hell come in 149,may be even lower?? Therefore he'll still be fast. How can you hit something which just isn't there?? Oscar gasses,has never been a great pressure fighter,has struggled with speed before(and that was a PRIME Oscar),no way he beats Floyd imo. I hope its close and eciting though,I really want to see Floyds chin tested properly,no one has been good enough to really land flush enough times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Gamo, there is a difference in fighting slow stiffs who are strong vs. skilled fighters who are also strong. Oscar is a legit 154 pounder who has power, skill, and a chin (and still at his age very good speed). I just don't think Floyd will be able to stay clear of getting hit for the entire fight. Fighters, including Oscar, have made the mistake of going up to high in weight class. It eventually catches up with you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd also has never fought a fighter of this level and experience...especially on such a huge stage. Many People are just assuming it will be smooth sailing for Floyd in this fight. But what will happen if he faces adversity on this enormous a stage against this experienced a fighter?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Um.. yeah like Sugar Shane Mosley who has just about the same speed as Floyd but hits stronger? Remember Oscar-Shane 1... close i can see how some people pick Shane... But the second fight was BULL Oscar won that fight. Easily.... But I guess your picking Floyd... Hopefully he will serve you a bit better then Mayorga did
    I for one, don't think oscar was at his best against Mosley, tactically or what I don't know, didn't look to be firing 100% to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    El Gamo, there is a difference in fighting slow stiffs who are strong vs. skilled fighters who are also strong. Oscar is a legit 154 pounder who has power, skill, and a chin (and still at his age very good speed). I just don't think Floyd will be able to stay clear of getting hit for the entire fight. Fighters, including Oscar, have made the mistake of going up to high in weight class. It eventually catches up with you.
    You mean slow stiff fighters who don't move or show defense? Yeah Oscar hasn't fought any of those lately Oscar hasn't beaten one in years..

Since lost to Mosley Sturm and Hopkins. And he beat Mayorga(yes I picked Mayorga to win) he beat Mayorga but he didn't look earthshatteringly impressive as Stewart was pointing out before the KO that oscar fights in a rhythm that someone like Mayorga seemed to fall into(to his advantage) before the KO.

And Mayweather is going to off set him very much.

How do you think Oscar is going to beat Floyd? Are you placing it on the hope that "eventually" he will catch him? If Oscar beats Floyd it will be with ONE shot, because if he stuns Floyd badly with one shot then Floyd won't be there for a second shot, and if Floyd goes defensive(even to survive) Oscar will never catch him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    You mean slow stiff fighters who don't move or show defense? Yeah Oscar hasn't fought any of those lately Oscar hasn't beaten one in years..

Since lost to Mosley Sturm and Hopkins. And he beat Mayorga(yes I picked Mayorga to win) he beat Mayorga but he didn't look earthshatteringly impressive as Stewart was pointing out before the KO that oscar fights in a rhythm that someone like Mayorga seemed to fall into(to his advantage) before the KO.

And Mayweather is going to off set him very much.

How do you think Oscar is going to beat Floyd? Are you placing it on the hope that "eventually" he will catch him? If Oscar beats Floyd it will be with ONE shot, because if he stuns Floyd badly with one shot then Floyd won't be there for a second shot, and if Floyd goes defensive(even to survive) Oscar will never catch him
    CC Starr,excellent points. When did Oscar last deal with anyone anywhere near Floyd? A long long time ago and even in his prime,he was getting beaten to the punch by ,Mosley and Pernell. Exactly,I just don't see Oscar having the volum of punches needed to beat Floyd. Most are saying he will win but are pinning their hopes on 1 shot. Zab Judah is faster than Oscar and he barely managed to land those shots. I don't think Oscar will catch him either.

And Zhubin bro,like I said, Floyd may come in really light,so its not like the weight is going to have that much of an effect.

Thread Information