Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saddo poster's Mayweather/Pacquiao video: agree?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saddo poster's Mayweather/Pacquiao video: agree?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo poster's Mayweather/Pacquiao video: agree?

Yeah, good vid, but.... Oscar..... was criticizing Floyd for..... "running"?

But yeah.... good vid.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hit and don't get hit.

TBE ATG P4P/PPV KING

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Total load of bollocks in my book. Firstly , the biggest disappointment (for some) is that Mayweather DIDN'T HAVE TO RUN! Pacquiao didn't make him. You always know when a Black guy is gonna talk shit when he starts calling another black guy N***A. Why is it ok for a black guy to use that word , but not a white guy? The answer is it's not ok and it makes you look a cunt!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't put all the blame on Mayweather; he did what he always does.

Manny stunk the place out and showed no real desire to win at all. People thought this would be a good fight because Manny would put pressure on, but he just plodded around offering very little offensively. If anything, Manny is the one people should be annoyed with - he sure didn't look like he was taking part in the biggest fight of his career.

It was like watching an exhibition at times.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree with this guy- almost in every aspect. I think true fight fans knew this was a hyped fight- 5 years too late.

I watched the 1st 5 rounds again before commenting here. my 2 cents.

Round 1: They both meet at the center of the ring. Floyd puts out a couple of lazy jabs (Pac isn't the aggressor & Floyd aint runnin-yet---Pac is actually the 1st one to move (away) from a punch- rather than engaging)

I counted 5 Floyd Jabs and a right hand- b4 Pac does anything. Floyd's feet for 2 minutes- are basically planted center ring- when he did move --- it's back to center ring.

Punches= 8 to 3. What prevented Pac from landing more? Floyd didnt move much in round 1.
    Rd2- Pac stalks floyd to the ropes- does little when he get him there- Floyd does move- to position himself. It seems methodical- he does it to spin off the ropes- & not get trapped in the corner- when he stops [again}he is center ring.
    Every times Pac comes in- Floyd ties him up- Damn Pac 15 + years experience- and he doesnt know how to punch out of a clinch?

Round 2 ends with- thunderous chants of Manny- for about 30 seconds- he does squat. Floyd just patiently taking single back/ side steps [back] to center ring- or as showbox commentator said _floyd's office. I'm thinking If FLoyd's office is center ring- running is supposed to mean he is everywhere- Like DLH rd-9-12 vs Tito or Ray Leonard vs Haglar (pick a round)

rd 3- interesting- Floyd moving quite a bit- but everytime he stops-same place-center ring. Neither Pac nor Freddie had the intellect to see what Andre Ward commentated: "when floyd puts his back foot up in the air-he's coming for the lead straight right hand-manny HAS to know that."
    Well he didn't.

Floyd spun out, from the corner -to center ring, clinched out to center ring. Whenever he finished moving his feet- he was center ring. Same story over & over.

rd 4- Pac's round
    Floyd is definitely moving frequently--UNTIL he goes to the corner- Pac does a flurry - & just stopped. He let Floyd out. Floyd shakes his head no-

To me: Pac proved he isn't great at cutting the ring off, isn't great at fighting counter punchers. Hasn't thrown a lot of punches in the last several years and hasn't had a one punch KO since Hatton. All of these added up should have proven- the fight was a hype job. I had no expectations of this being a great fight.
    And this guy in the video isn't that knowledgeable about boxing IMO.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you think Pac 'threw' the fight then?

@Greenbeanz

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do wonder if that's the first time he saw Mayweather fight. Sure sounds like it.

He totally lost me ranting for Manny and Floyd to do it again, do it over. A fight already 5 years past its expiration date only needs to happen once for me thanks.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me: Pac wouldn't throw a fight. He wants to fight. Floyd wants to win-boos don't even faze Floyd.

Shame on all the sports commentators for hyping a guy that JMM knocked (unconscious).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Running is what Oscar did in the last 3 rounds against Tito.

Floyd moves and uses ring generalship. Casual fans can't tell the difference because they don't know boxing. Oscar and Tyson know the difference, they just hate Floyd.

Running is when you're literally fleeing and opponent, you give away the round because you don't bother engaging at all, you're just running. That's what Oscar did against Tito in the last 3 rounds. Even though I feel Oscar clearly won, what he did was shameful. I've never seen Floyd run from a guy like that and give away rounds like Oscar did. Floyd moves and boxes.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And shame on Floyd for fighting safety first against a guy knocked unconscious by a natural 135lb fighter.
    He should be boycotted for charging against Berto.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bean is right. BUT Floyd did a disservice to the boxing world.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I disagree with this guy- almost in every aspect. I think true fight fans knew this was a hyped fight- 5 years too late.

I watched the 1st 5 rounds again before commenting here. my 2 cents.

Round 1: They both meet at the center of the ring. Floyd puts out a couple of lazy jabs (Pac isn't the aggressor & Floyd aint runnin-yet---Pac is actually the 1st one to move (away) from a punch- rather than engaging)

I counted 5 Floyd Jabs and a right hand- b4 Pac does anything. Floyd's feet for 2 minutes- are basically planted center ring- when he did move --- it's back to center ring.

Punches= 8 to 3. What prevented Pac from landing more? Floyd didnt move much in round 1.
    Rd2- Pac stalks floyd to the ropes- does little when he get him there- Floyd does move- to position himself. It seems methodical- he does it to spin off the ropes- & not get trapped in the corner- when he stops [again}he is center ring.
    Every times Pac comes in- Floyd ties him up- Damn Pac 15 + years experience- and he doesnt know how to punch out of a clinch?

Round 2 ends with- thunderous chants of Manny- for about 30 seconds- he does squat. Floyd just patiently taking single back/ side steps [back] to center ring- or as showbox commentator said _floyd's office. I'm thinking If FLoyd's office is center ring- running is supposed to mean he is everywhere- Like DLH rd-9-12 vs Tito or Ray Leonard vs Haglar (pick a round)

rd 3- interesting- Floyd moving quite a bit- but everytime he stops-same place-center ring. Neither Pac nor Freddie had the intellect to see what Andre Ward commentated: "when floyd puts his back foot up in the air-he's coming for the lead straight right hand-manny HAS to know that."
    Well he didn't.

Floyd spun out, from the corner -to center ring, clinched out to center ring. Whenever he finished moving his feet- he was center ring. Same story over & over.

rd 4- Pac's round
    Floyd is definitely moving frequently--UNTIL he goes to the corner- Pac does a flurry - & just stopped. He let Floyd out. Floyd shakes his head no-

To me: Pac proved he isn't great at cutting the ring off, isn't great at fighting counter punchers. Hasn't thrown a lot of punches in the last several years and hasn't had a one punch KO since Hatton. All of these added up should have proven- the fight was a hype job. I had no expectations of this being a great fight.
    And this guy in the video isn't that knowledgeable about boxing IMO.

What amazed me was there were so many people who expected Pac to do the things he did against guys like Brandon Rios, Margarito, ect to Mayweather.

There were so many people, even on this forum, who were saying before the fight "Floyd can't handle Manny's volume punching, he can't handle the pace, Manny is too aggressive and throws too many punches, ect." Whereas if they just took the time to look at the punch stats of the Margarito fight (where I think Pac threw over 1000 punches) to ones against an opponent like JMM, they'd see Manny's output is contingent on the kind of fighter he faces. If he's fighting a guy who plods forward and stands still, he's going to throw a ton of punches. If he's fighting a master boxer/counter puncher like JMM or Floyd, who are constantly moving, constantly setting traps and looking to counter... that punch output is going to be severely diminished.

So the excuses come: his shoulder was hurt, he was washed up, ect.

True, the fight happened 5 years after it should have, but it's not like Floyd's in his salad days, either. He's 38 and about to retire. Pac was no more washed up than Floyd IMO.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    And shame on Floyd for fighting safety first against a guy knocked unconscious by a natural 135lb fighter.
    Yeah but that was a perfect punch. Tim Bradley tried to replicate that result and got dominated.

As a boxing fan, it sucks that the fight that whole world watched was largely a stinker. Floyd's style at this point is very conservative and not very fan friendly, but I feel for whatever reason Manny doesn't get enough blame for the boring fight. He was the puncher, he was the offensive whirlwind, and in the end he threw less punches than Floyd and made up shit about his shoulder hurting.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People thinking Manny would throw a bunch of punches just don't know the sport.

Many throws flurries but he doesn't sustain pressure. He doesn't punch all round long. He throws 2, 3, 10. But if you stop that 10 before it gets started his punch output plummets. Manny is predictable and always has been so when Manny set to do his thing Floyd half stepped back looking to make Manny reach and knock him out. Manny saw this and instead of exposing himself he did nothing. 10 punches gone by a simple step back. That's why Manny has been matched against come forward fighters. He never liked being countered. His punch output always dropped when he was countered.

People were so desperate "if Manny just......" They didn't consider the truth to the matchup. Southpaws trouble the shoulder roll, true. But not if you don't have a jab. Manny was always missing the key ingredient and it wasn't aggression it was a damn jab. People were desperate so they looked past a glaring flaw.

Manny Pacquiao was just never smart enough or complete enough to beat Floyd.

Thread Information