Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Kirkland's performance last night

Well, I saw some things that just looked bad for Kirkland going forward. I am thinking Wolfe should get him a little more time doing roadwork and skill training and a little less doing the showoff toughman training. You could see his left hand floating lower and lower each round. He looked really tired early on and had to take some rounds off. He should have much better conditioning at this point in his career.

All that being said, as long as he is put in with senior league guys at 154 he should be fine, but if he gets in with the next generation guys like Sergio Martinez or Paul Williams, he's gonna really struggle.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Kirkland's performance last night

Apart from his undoubted power, nothing at all impressed me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he showed that he can take a punch and give you a good ass beating. but he has NO DEFENSE at all. he needs a few more fights before going for a title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Perro" would maul him like a ragdoll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While he has things he needs to work on, he whupped a guy who was signifigantly bigger then him in height and weight last night

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His left looked to be more accurate and in spots had some nice combos but the weak links are glaring Imo.He squares up bigtime,needs to come off the body shots much more and THEN go head hunting.Woolfe was almost loosing her voice trying to get him to focus on body more.He really and seriously needs some quality rounds....that was a 'showcase' one sided beatdown where he was made to answer nearly no questions.Stamina and defense look more leaky than the Levee's downtown here.....Strong as a bull but I think the a Williams would wreck him bad and Angulo,Martinez beat him as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I seen was Kirkland Wupping ass,I think his opponent was tough as nails to take all of those shots.and Kirkland looks to me to have A ton of training under his belt,to keep the pressure on like he did throwing power shot after power shot,personally I think Kirkland is the best at 54.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TeleTuff View Post
    All I seen was Kirkland Wupping ass,I think his opponent was tough as nails to take all of those shots.and Kirkland looks to me to have A ton of training under his belt,to keep the pressure on like he did throwing power shot after power shot,personally I think Kirkland is the best at 54.
    I think he'd seriously struggle against Sergio Martinez, Alfredo Angulo, Paul Williams and even Vernon Forrest. I think he definately should be able to improve, his natural ability is undeniable and he has the "it" factor, but there are some serious flaws in his game. Fortunately for Kirkland everything that he lacks, are things that can be learned.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

ICB Guest

He looks very beatable to me he looks sloppy and his feet are pretty slow. And he's wide open, he does have awesome power but power only gets you so far. I think he is on the verge of being badly exposed by a good boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TeleTuff View Post
    I think he'd seriously struggle against Sergio Martinez, Alfredo Angulo, Paul Williams and even Vernon Forrest. I think he definately should be able to improve, his natural ability is undeniable and he has the "it" factor, but there are some serious flaws in his game. Fortunately for Kirkland everything that he lacks, are things that can be learned.
    At this point in tim Angulo murders him IMO.....I was not overly impressed with Kirkland last night....Vera was like a heavybag in the ring and still even with his pitiful output on offense he was catching Kirkland with the straight rights....Yes Kirkland took them well but he was tired by rd 5 had his mouth open...He also did not take advantage of Vera's lack of output by using it as a chance to work on some things...Put together more combos etc......He at times showed some good head movement but again look what he was avoiding.....

He has a future ahead of him but needs some more work on important things like defense and how to compose himself so he does not tire out...

IMO Anne Wolf will not be the trainer to bring him to the next level...Yes she has some unconventional methods of training that look to impress but all that and he was still fatigued by mid rounds??...Something wrong there IMO.....

We will see what happens but again IMO he is not ready for the upper tier anytime soon
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah and he wasnt supposed to beat Vera last night,and he destroyed him,give credit where its due

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Yeah and he wasnt supposed to beat Vera last night,and he destroyed him,give credit where its due

Good win over a tough guy yes but lets not confuse giving credit and evaluating what is there....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Good win over a tough guy yes but lets not confuse giving credit and evaluating what is there....
    They had a game plan,he stuck to it,and he beat the other guys ass in

ICB Guest

He wasn't supposed to beat Brian Vera are you kidding me ? Brian Vera is one of the most limited boxers i've ever seen. God knows how Andy Lee lost to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

They had a game plan,he stuck to it,and he beat the other guys ass in
    TM lets be serious...he had a corpse in there...FACT!!!!.....

Thread Information