Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bowe / Holyfield + FNF c'mon in here

Was this the best trilogy in Heavyweight history? It's on ESPN2 right now, pretty amazing stuff the effort these guys put forth.

Plus the fanman thing puts a unique mark on it.
    Last edited by killersheep; 07-11-2009 at 12:13 AM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Bowe / Holyfield

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Was this the best trilogy in Heavyweight history? It's on ESPN2 right now, pretty amazing stuff the effort these guys put forth.

I'd say say yes because all 3 fights were pretty competitive, unlike other great Heavyweight trilogies Muhammad Ali vs Joe Frazier, Floyd Patterson vs Ingemar Johansson.

Plus you see a bit of everything in all 3 fights, you seen punching after the bell. You see the fan man, you see great boxing. You see great brawling, you see KO, its just a great mixture.

But i do feel the fan man may of saved Evander Holyfield, because i thought Riddick Bowe got his second wind back. And was starting to take advantage again until the fan man delay, plus his wife fainted which didn't help matters either.
    Last edited by ICB; 07-10-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched all three about 4-5 months ago and I forgot just how good the fights were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say yes. I'm assuming you're watching it right now Killer? On Classic ESPN boxing? Good stuff; Bowe one of my all time fave heavies; and him an Evander gave s some great entertainment. And that boob who flew into the ring
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    I'd say yes. I'm assuming you're watching it right now Killer? On Classic ESPN boxing? Good stuff; Bowe one of my all time fave heavies; and him an Evander gave s some great entertainment. And that boob who flew into the ring
    4 more rounds til it happens
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have new graphics.cool.Love that great trilogy and Holyfield.But best ever Im not sure.Could be but Walcott/Charles comes to mind though Ive not seen all of them.

fanman coming up .I believe it helped Bowe.Thought Bowe had problems in the 5th but came back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dammit! Earlier on today I saw a thread, instantly had an idea on what I would post, then when I actually clicked on it, Legion posted exactly what I wanted to say.

Now, I'm sitting in my room flicking through channels and land on Holyfield vs Bowe 1 and I come up with a thread topic. Once I get on here Sheep has already started a thread about it!! WTF!? Just one of those days.

I actually wanted to start a thread about who people had winning Round 10 of their first fight. I tried looking for a video but I can't find it on YouTube.

To be honest with you, watching these fights are just making me look at how bad the heavyweight division is today. Everyone knows it's in shambles but when you actually watch the glory days of the division, it just makes your opinion worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Dammit! Earlier on today I saw a thread, instantly had an idea on what I would post, then when I actually clicked on it, Legion posted exactly what I wanted to say.

Now, I'm sitting in my room flicking through channels and land on Holyfield vs Bowe 1 and I come up with a thread topic. Once I get on here Sheep has already started a thread about it!! WTF!? Just one of those days.

I actually wanted to start a thread about who people had winning Round 10 of their first fight. I tried looking for a video but I can't find it on YouTube.

To be honest with you, watching these fights are just making me look at how bad the heavyweight division is today. Everyone knows it's in shambles but when you actually watch the glory days of the division, it just makes your opinion worse.

Mine couldn't get any worse
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL!

Goodness! It's been a while since I've seen this fight. They threw at least 10 hard power punches after the bell of round 4. Stewart's got some speed too! He got to Holyfield with the quickness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL!

Goodness! It's been a while since I've seen this fight. They threw at least 10 hard power punches after the bell of round 4. Stewart's got some speed too! He got to Holyfield with the quickness!

That's about 9 more than Wlad threw against Chagaev the whole fight.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here it comes..............................

Enter the fanman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this why all major fights are fought under a roof?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It never gets old watching that doofus get curb stomped while he's stuck in his whatever it is. LOL what an utter fool. Well he was before he offed himself anyways
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder if that idiot considered what the blade was made of prior.....could have cut someones fooking arm off.He was stomped

I bet today with terrorist considerations,they might have shut everything down.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Wonder if that idiot considered what the blade was made of prior.....could have cut someones fooking arm off.He was stomped

I bet today with terrorist considerations,they might have shut everything down.
    James Miller "The FanMan"

American Parachutist Drops In on Buckingham Palace - Los Angeles Times

apparently he did the same thing at Buckingham Palace, but took off his pants painted his body Green and his genitals glow in the dark. Mental that one.

"It was a heavyweight fight and I was the only one that got knocked out" - James Miller.

Thread Information