Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Feb 21 Murray vs the Kazak

Bit of a diamond in the ruff this one. Martin might be the first guy he's fought that isn't scared of him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Feb 21 Murray vs the Kazak

Great fight, really excited for it. Murray was on ringside this week and he's confident and is ready for the challenge.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be a barnstormer while it lasts. Murray is strong mentally and physically. He might be on another level compared to Golovkin but that speaks more about Gennady's efficiency than Martin's flaws. I think it will take someone with immaculate timing and huge power to stop the GGG rollercoaster, and Murray is not that man. Even Lemuix with all his power is not going to time someone with that kind of ferocity and work rate. Murray won't wait so I can't see it going more than 7. You never know though. Should be fun
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Murray. I think he might be the next best middleweight out there after GGG. With that said, it looks like he's levels below GGG. GGG stops him and if Lee goes to fight Kid Chocolate, what's left at middleweight? He should move up and face a super middleweight.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Bit of a diamond in the ruff this one. Martin might be the first guy he's fought that isn't scared of him.
    I'm looking forward to it as Murray is the best fighter that GGG has faced. But also dreading it as I like Murray.
    Murray is very capable and he will dig in as much as he can. But unfortunately I don't think he'll see the second half of the fight.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin will destroy him inside 6 rounds

The guy simply hits too hard, his footwork is maybe the best in boxing and he just cuts down the ring to the size of a phone box until he's ready to land his bombs.

There is no escape from this man, he knows he can knock anyone out because he's been doing it since he was a young kid.

Gennady Golovkin was born on April 8, 1982, in Karagandy, Kazakh SSR (now known as Kazakhstan) as one of four brothers to a Russian father who was a coal miner, and a Korean mother who was an assistant in a chemical laboratory. His older brothers, Sergey and Vadim, had pushed him into the ring. When he was eight, both of them joined the Russian army.

In 1990, Gennady's brother Vadim was killed in action. In 1994, Sergey was also killed in action. There were no details given by the government officials and there was no funeral for either. Both brothers were lost before Gennady had turned 14. Golovkin however pressed on and used the family tragedy as motivation to continue fighting.

“It was very tough, very tough. My family, it really tore us up. ”

Golovkin had been throwing big punches all his life. Growing up, Sergey and Vadim would walk the streets with Golovkin and pick men out of a crowd. Are you afraid of him, they would ask Gennady. When he said no, they told him to go get into a fight. Sometimes they wrestled, sometimes they boxed, sometimes they just threw punches.

"My brothers, they were doing that from when I was in kindergarten," Golovkin said. "Every day, different guys."

GGG has clearly had a seriously tough upbringing (not some dickhead Ghetto kid from the USA) and is driven by the death of his 2 older brothers.

It's gonna take something incredibly "Special" to stop this man in his tracks

He regularly beats up and hurts bigger guys in sparring which is widely known and just look at his post fight interviews " I Jus Like to maaaake Good Fight for Fans - real fight for fans"

He fucking loves bashing people up basically.

One seriously tough tough man of mind and body but with amazing natural boxing ability and KO power in both hands = verging on unbeatable

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Golovkin will destroy him inside 6 rounds

The guy simply hits too hard, his footwork is maybe the best in boxing and he just cuts down the ring to the size of a phone box until he's ready to land his bombs.

There is no escape from this man, he knows he can knock anyone out because he's been doing it since he was a young kid.

Gennady Golovkin was born on April 8, 1982, in Karagandy, Kazakh SSR (now known as Kazakhstan) as one of four brothers to a Russian father who was a coal miner, and a Korean mother who was an assistant in a chemical laboratory. His older brothers, Sergey and Vadim, had pushed him into the ring. When he was eight, both of them joined the Russian army.

In 1990, Gennady's brother Vadim was killed in action. In 1994, Sergey was also killed in action. There were no details given by the government officials and there was no funeral for either. Both brothers were lost before Gennady had turned 14. Golovkin however pressed on and used the family tragedy as motivation to continue fighting.

“It was very tough, very tough. My family, it really tore us up. ”

Golovkin had been throwing big punches all his life. Growing up, Sergey and Vadim would walk the streets with Golovkin and pick men out of a crowd. Are you afraid of him, they would ask Gennady. When he said no, they told him to go get into a fight. Sometimes they wrestled, sometimes they boxed, sometimes they just threw punches.

"My brothers, they were doing that from when I was in kindergarten," Golovkin said. "Every day, different guys."

GGG has clearly had a seriously tough upbringing (not some dickhead Ghetto kid from the USA) and is driven by the death of his 2 older brothers.

It's gonna take something incredibly "Special" to stop this man in his tracks

He regularly beats up and hurts bigger guys in sparring which is widely known and just look at his post fight interviews " I Jus Like to maaaake Good Fight for Fans - real fight for fans"

He fucking loves bashing people up basically.

One seriously tough tough man of mind and body but with amazing natural boxing ability and KO power in both hands = verging on unbeatable
    Reading between the lines then....you think he's crap?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched a fight with Golovkin vs Bakhtiyar Artayev the Olympic gold medalist when they were 15 , Golovkin won.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He also Banged out Lucian Bute in 2003 with a huge right hander (2.55)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately for Murray he isn't a big puncher. He is defensive minded though, big and mentally as hard as nails, so I think he'll at least take Golovkin late into the fight, maybe even the distance. (hmmm..wonder what odds i'll get on that?)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murrays on the slide , just look at his last few fights he's scraping through them against poor opposition.

I had him 100% losing that 8 rounder against Komistsky a couple of years ago and he hasn't done much since just a UD and another stopped on a cut.

He can't punch either but will have to absorb massive amounts of brutal punches to stay the distance.

This'll get stopped

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He peforms better at the bigger fights, it can happen in boxing. You can get dragged down to lower levels and not perform to your best.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    He peforms better at the bigger fights, it can happen in boxing. You can get dragged down to lower levels and not perform to your best.
    Agreed Murray survives to the final bell.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Murray survives to the final bell, he's a beast. I like GGG easy here. No insult to Murray. He'd beat most of the rest at 160.

Thread Information