Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brook deserves a Mayweather fight over Khan!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Brook deserves a Mayweather fight over Khan!

If anyone that deserves to fight Mayweather, outside of a Manny rematch, it is Kell Brook.

If Porter had not lost to Brook, Porter would have been a shoe in. But that did not happen.

I don't see where Khan feels he deserves a shot over a Danny Garcia (a guy who knocked him spark out) or Lamont Peterson, the guy who beat him by a UD and a guy that was robbed in his fight with a guy that knocked Khan out in Garcia. I don't see, aside from name alone, how Khan feels he should get this fight CONSIDERING how he looked against Algieri.

Khan should fight Manny, if anything, if it's a payday he wants. Manny may not get him $20 mil, but he can rake in about $10 with a huge Manny fight. Even more if they fight in England.

Brook is the prime candidate for a Mayweather fight. No one else, in a fair and even an optical sense, makes sense.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook deserves a Mayweather fight over Khan!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    If anyone that deserves to fight Mayweather, outside of a Manny rematch, it is Kell Brook.

If Porter had not lost to Brook, Porter would have been a shoe in. But that did not happen.

I don't see where Khan feels he deserves a shot over a Danny Garcia (a guy who knocked him spark out) or Lamont Peterson, the guy who beat him by a UD and a guy that was robbed in his fight with a guy that knocked Khan out in Garcia. I don't see, aside from name alone, how Khan feels he should get this fight CONSIDERING how he looked against Algieri.

Khan should fight Manny, if anything, if it's a payday he wants. Manny may not get him $20 mil, but he can rake in about $10 with a huge Manny fight. Even more if they fight in England.

Brook is the prime candidate for a Mayweather fight. No one else, in a fair and even an optical sense, makes sense.
    I agree 100%!

Special K would present a serious test for Money May.

Khan is a waste of physical talent. No chin, no boxing IQ.

Spesh K could upset Mayweather for sure.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

I agree 100%!

Special K would present a serious test for Money May.

Khan is a waste of physical talent. No chin, no boxing IQ.

Spesh K could upset Mayweather for sure.
    Khan, when you boil him all down, and probably why he is the most exciting guy aside from Manny in boxing today, is that Khan is only a bang and move kinda fighter. No boxing IQ indeed. That and a weak chin, lolololol..... wrong mix.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is never fighting Kell or Thurman in a million years - and I don't blame him.

The sooner Floyd retires the better. The Floyd lottery ticket is just preventing great fights from happening.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell must have a shitty management team. They should have been making some serious noise for months by now. Aside from observant boxing fans, no one has even heard of this guy, yet he is arguably the most bonafide welterweight in the world. As good as he is, he won't generate any interest from casual fans. They'll look at him as "just another opponent" along the lines of Guerrero and Ortiz.

They are doing virtually nothing to put his name out there.

If it were me, I would have showed up at Floyd's post-fight interview right after his win over Pac, ala Shane Mosley. Imagine the stir that would have created!! Shane HUSTLED his way into a big payday and it worked.
    Last edited by Sleepwalker; 06-12-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans a bigger name than brook and will obviously generate more money. Brook and Thurman very well might beat Khan but they have absolutely no chance or beating floyd. Out the 3 of them Khan is the only 1 who could beat floyd IMO and I hope floyd picks the easy fight with brook or Thurman.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Floyd is never fighting Kell or Thurman in a million years - and I don't blame him.

The sooner Floyd retires the better. The Floyd lottery ticket is just preventing great fights from happening.
    I have to agree with some of this.

Floyd owns all types of brook or thurman but everyone seems to be waiting around for mayweather rather than making a name for themselves.

Bradley is also still a major threat in the divison and he should be in that thurman, brook and khan circle.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Kell must have a shitty management team. They should have been making some serious noise for months by now. Aside from observant boxing fans, no one has even heard of this guy, yet he is arguably the most bonafide welterweight in the world. As good as he is, he won't generate any interest from casual fans. They'll look at him as "just another opponent" along the lines of Guerrero and Ortiz.

They are doing virtually nothing to put his name out there.

If it were me, I would have showed up at Floyd's post-fight interview right after his win over Pac, ala Shane Mosley. Imagine the stir that would have created!! Shane HUSTLED his way into a big payday and it worked.
    I think they're thinking they can get to the top without him. Honestly, fighting Floyd is a suicide fight. Floyd has been in with harder punchers, fast punchers and bigger fighters than Kell. Kell has a short reach and will have to chase Floyd around the ring and Floyd will just pick him off and win a UD. I like Kell, but he has nothing that will beat Mayweather. So why fight him, when you can make a lot of money fighting on Box Office in the UK and then probably get the much more winnable Pacquiao fight?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deserves no. Better fight yes.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Khans a bigger name than brook and will obviously generate more money. Brook and Thurman very well might beat Khan but they have absolutely no chance or beating floyd. Out the 3 of them Khan is the only 1 who could beat floyd IMO and I hope floyd picks the easy fight with brook or Thurman.
    Khan may be a bigger name, but is he a currant Champion NO, he had been KO twice his last
    fight he hardly set the World alight did he.
    Trouble with Khan is he is no welter weight, he will get sparked by the bigger punchers if he
    faces Brook, Kell will get to him and KO Khan.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has a krackly kchin

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has the fans.
    Khan can raise the capital.
    Kell Brook is a nobody with no drawing power.

No name, no money, no Mayweather fight.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 06-13-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia did not knock Khan spark out. Khan was stopped.

Khan was winning the fight hands down till then. Khan is better boxer than Garcia and how Garcia stil has an '0' on his record is beyond me. He's been very lucky. Garcia Vs Mayweather ? Please. Danny Garcia is so slow he makes snails feel respected. He'd have no chance.

As for Peterson Vs Khan. That was one of the most disgracefuly ref-ed matches ever, what with Khan beind deducted two points and then afterwards, Peterson fessed up to using PED's.

Brook ? I thought he was lucky to beat Porter. It was a close fight but in close fights like that, the decision normally goes to the champion.

Put Brook in there with Maidana, see how he get's on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Khan may be a bigger name, but is he a currant Champion NO, he had been KO twice his last
    fight he hardly set the World alight did he.
    Trouble with Khan is he is no welter weight, he will get sparked by the bigger punchers if he
    faces Brook, Kell will get to him and KO Khan.
    Bigger name = more money it's simple really. As for him not looking that great on his last fight he still won easy think I had it 9-3 or 8-4 and brooks last fight was against Gavin lol there's no way he should of been in the same ring as brook I actually felt sorry for Gavin watching the fight. I agree Kahn could get stopped by big punchers like Thurman etc but he's the only guy and I do mean only guy at 147 that's got a chance of beating floyd.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook deserves it more yes. There are a LOT of fighters that deserve it more.

I still want Khan to get it.

Khan woul give Mayweather more trouble than Brook would, Brook is made perfect for Mayweather an it is a 120-108 fight.

Khan offers something a little different.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information