Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: who wins ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winky wright vs joe calzaghe

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default winky wright vs joe calzaghe

this would be a interesting one. both southpaws. both totally different styles. winky wright is defensive. calzaghe is offensive. who wins this one coz im not sure ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: winky wright vs joe calzaghe

I think Calzaghe would be too big, strong and active for Winky, especially without Wrights southpaw advantage he has against most people, Calzaghe's stance is so open that it harldy makes a difference he's a southpaw, or that Wright is a southpaw for that matter. Plus, Joe can box well, when he mixes boxer/puncher, and throws 70-90 punches a round, plus Winky being a former 147, even though he's kinda big, he's way outsized by Joe.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    I think Calzaghe would be too big, strong and active for Winky, especially without Wrights southpaw advantage he has against most people, Calzaghe's stance is so open that it harldy makes a difference he's a southpaw, or that Wright is a southpaw for that matter. Plus, Joe can box well, when he mixes boxer/puncher, and throws 70-90 punches a round, plus Winky being a former 147, even though he's kinda big, he's way outsized by Joe.

True, the size isnt fair,but if Joes hands go south?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know the saying mate, Winky couldn't break an egg. I love Winky Wright, he's one of my favourite fighters, but he looks beatable when pushed with activity, I believe Winky beat Taylor, but the judges scored it all wrong, but I also think Taylor could have won it comfortably if he'd put more shots out. Stamina and workrate seem to be weak points in Taylor's make-up.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know the saying mate, Winky couldn't break an egg. I love Winky Wright, he's one of my favourite fighters, but he looks beatable when pushed with activity, I believe Winky beat Taylor, but the judges scored it all wrong, but I also think Taylor could have won it comfortably if he'd put more shots out. Stamina and workrate seem to be weak points in Taylor's make-up.
    Taylor was trying to get something going, but he couldn't all he could hit was gloves a lot of times, Winky's defense is absolutely brilliant and against Joe, I think it would be a very close chess match.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Taylor was trying to get something going, but he couldn't all he could hit was gloves a lot of times, Winky's defense is absolutely brilliant and against Joe, I think it would be a very close chess match.
    Your right and its shame we will never see this fight either because,well you know, Joe needs a BIG name American.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good observation... i think your right....
    chess match definately...
    frankly i dont think joe is smart enough...im not even sure he can play chess lol
    i dont see joe as in the same league as winky wright sorry to the calzaghe fans here but i just wouldnt compare them..
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BodyHead
    good observation... i think your right....
    chess match definately...
    frankly i dont think joe is smart enough...im not even sure he can play chess lol
    i dont see joe as in the same league as winky wright sorry to the calzaghe fans here but i just wouldnt compare them..
    Peace
    At this point who knows what the F Joe is thinking. To me it seems someone is filling his head with lofty goals that he just isnt going to be able to reach. He should just take what is right in front of him. (That being a SMW uni fight).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carnt see this fight ever happening JC is just to big for Wright!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    nahhh man i dont see how calzaghe can be said to be too big for wright...
    joe isnt even big joe isnt strong... his punches havnt been powerful for years.. and when he does get power his hands break.... thats why he kinda slaps.. no disrespect to joe but its true...
    no way theyr in the same league...
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BodyHead
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    nahhh man i dont see how calzaghe can be said to be too big for wright...
    joe isnt even big joe isnt strong... his punches havnt been powerful for years.. and when he does get power his hands break.... thats why he kinda slaps.. no disrespect to joe but its true...
    no way theyr in the same league...
    yeah ive noticed that. it looks like he slaps but i dont think he does. i just think it is the way he punches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah killersheep. nicely said. i think it would be close as well. winky has the defense but calzaghe has the punch output.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally think calzaghe wins this one on points by ud, i dont think wright could cope with calzaghe's work rate and volume of punches, no disrespect but calzaghe wouldnt have to worry about wrights power, like he did against lacy, and i dont think wright has ever experienced someone as unorthodox as JC, the punches come from all angles, as good as winkys defence is i see calzaghe cracking it, i just cant see any other outcome...
    way_evs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

winky will ruin the hype of joe.c...all joe.c has done is look good against lacy...lacy aint no p4p...joe.c look awful in his last fight...he is nowhere near winkys league...it`ll be a cold day in hell if joe.c brakes winkys defense that's so funny his fans think he will...joe will brake his hands trying to brake winkys defense...then winky will make him look like the fool that joe is...don't put them in the same ring joe will be ruin...joe is way overrated since lacy fight...lacy is a nobody compare to winky...ok joe.c fansss...its the trueth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by true p4p king
    winky will ruin the hype of joe.c...all joe.c has done is look good against lacy...lacy aint no p4p...joe.c look awful in his last fight...he is nowhere near winkys league...it`ll be a cold day in hell if joe.c brakes winkys defense that's so funny his fans think he will...joe will brake his hands trying to brake winkys defense...then winky will make him look like the fool that joe is...don't put them in the same ring joe will be ruin...joe is way overrated since lacy fight...lacy is a nobody compare to winky...ok joe.c fansss...its the trueth
    although our boy didnt put it subtley..lol
    hes absolutely right... dont get your hopes up on joe bieng able to beat the big names.. there are few i truely believe he can beat and he must pick the ones that he can very carefully...
    i just dont see where people get the idea that joe is powerful from?
    i mean where has joe shown his power against a real solid or ever good fighter? he just showed up lacy and outboxed him.. scored one knockdown at the end because of accumulative punches.. coming by way of a boxing lesson ...
    anytime joe has shown power its been against a less then worthy oponent of which im not afraid to say nearly all have been!...
    winky has been in with great fighters and ive never seen him hurt , ive seen him knocked down five times in a fight earlier in his career and each time he got up and had a head clear as day and he cracked on to loose on points...
    other losses were screwjobs...
    .... the two just dont compare im afraid
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information