Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I actually am beginning to think no-one can beat Paul Williams at WW............

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I actually am beginning to think no-one can beat Paul Williams at WW............

Ok,I give Tony a chance IF he starts early and I did think Kermit would be able to KO him but now I think Kermit is unable to take pressure and has not improved as I had thought. I think Williams beats 2 bags of shit out of Hatton,Oscar,Clottey,Collazo and Judah if ANY dare to fight him

(I'd like to add that Zab Judah and Carlos Quintana have been offered to fight Williams for Feb 3,since Kermit "injured", I doubt either takes it)

The only question mark for me is Cotto and I LOVE Cotto but I only think PW style gives him hell. PW would pot shot,and whenever he got inside,PW would hold.Like he did with Tony.He would have to bang early and hope PW tries to war. Tony and Cotto have the best chances imo.

(I actually hate to admit this but this freak is going to be a handful for ANYONE and he will fight ANYONE.Tall,good handspeed,pitty patty punches which don't hurt but dam sure as heck count and a FREAKISHLY long jab make him a force. I think he would struggle at the higher weights but as for now,at 147,he is going to take some beating )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I actually am beginning to think no-one can beat Paul Williams at WW........

Here's my WW list:

1.Cotto
    2.Mayweather
    3.Williams
    4.Margarito
    5.Cintron

a ton load of other fighters make up the next 15 slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I actually am beginning to think no-one can beat Paul Williams at WW............

You didnt mention Floyd at all, to me this is the only guy that could possibly beat Floyd at Welter

I agree Williams is the ultimate nightmare stylistically for anyone. I think we will see more power demonstrated by Williams in the future. Tony is way to active for Williams to remotely sit on a punch hence more pitty pat in that fight than usual.

ICB Guest

Default Re: I actually am beginning to think no-one can beat Paul Williams at WW............

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Ok,I give Tony a chance IF he starts early and I did think Kermit would be able to KO him but now I think Kermit is unable to take pressure and has not improved as I had thought. I think Williams beats 2 bags of S*** out of Hatton,Oscar,Clottey,Collazo and Judah if ANY dare to fight him

(I'd like to add that Zab Judah and Carlos Quintana have been offered to fight Williams for Feb 3,since Kermit "injured", I doubt either takes it)

The only question mark for me is Cotto and I LOVE Cotto but I only think PW style gives him hell. PW would pot shot,and whenever he got inside,PW would hold.Like he did with Tony.He would have to bang early and hope PW tries to war. Tony and Cotto have the best chances imo.

(I actually hate to admit this but this freak is going to be a handful for ANYONE and he will fight ANYONE.Tall,good handspeed,pitty patty punches which don't hurt but dam sure as heck count and a FREAKISHLY long jab make him a force. I think he would struggle at the higher weights but as for now,at 147,he is going to take some beating )
    Williams is a freak of nature i find it hard for anyone to beat him at WW the key is body shots. Williams is tall and skinny so body shots would be the key for someone like Cotto, but Williams keeps his distance well and he just overwhelms you with punches so its hard to think when your under that kind of pressure. Williams has shown a great chin against Magarito, he showed good boxing skills and he looks to be a complete fighter except his punches are feather fisted. Im Mayweather fan and i would be worried for Mayweather in a fight with Williams basically because Williams has all the ingredients to beat Mayweather. Height, Reach, Output, these 3 things i just mentioned would give Mayweather all he could handle he would have to counter but its hard to counter against a fighter who throws 100+ punches a round especially when they have height and reach advantage. If Williams does beat Cintron which i think he will and Margarito wins another comeback fight then i would like to see Margarito vs Williams 2, i think too many people wrote off Margarito when the fact is he done very well against arguably the yop 3 Welterweight in the world today and thats saying alot considering the amount of talent in Welterweight division. Margarito has to start much faster in the rematch and i would like to see how Williams would counter that, because basically Margarito lost first 5 rounds because he wasn't nowhere near as active as he should of been, i would give Margarito a good shot in Williams fight but i would give Williams slight edge but not by much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still give Cintron a chance in beating Williams and would not rule him out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I actually am beginning to think no-one can beat Paul Williams at WW........

Yea Ice,I give Tony a good shot too but losing to PW does not look too bad now,because of the fact that Williams matches up favourably to the other WW.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    You didnt mention Floyd at all, to me this is the only guy that could possibly beat Floyd at Welter

I agree Williams is the ultimate nightmare stylistically for anyone. I think we will see more power demonstrated by Williams in the future. Tony is way to active for Williams to remotely sit on a punch hence more pitty pat in that fight than usual.
    Sorry,I forgot to mention Floyd. Yeah,I think PW can even give Floyd ALOT of problems. On the other hand,I think Floyd's lateral movement could half PW's punch output. Depends. I personally think PW would win but I also think that Floyd would never go near PW,hes WAAAAAAY to dangerous and doesn't present a big payday(Floyd doesn't seem interested in unifying)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my WW list:

1.Cotto
    2.Mayweather
    3.Williams
    4.Margarito
    5.Cintron

I don't think Mosely has fallen out of the top 5 with his performance against Cotto.

My top 5 would be.

1. Floyd He's the fucking LINEAR welterweight champ and P4P number 1 in the world Gamo, your placement of Cotto at number 1 is just pure pretentiousness in my opinion.

2. Cotto, looked very impressive in 2007 going from hot prospect to bona fida p4p star. He's NOT above Floyd Mayweather though

3. Shane Mosely. I know he doesn't hold a belt and he lost his last fight but he showed enough imo to solidify himself as the best fighter in the division outside Cotto and Floyd......for now at least.

4. Paul Williams, I agree with you, he's a real stylistic nightmare for anybody in the division but lets see him in another fight before putting him above the big 3.

5. Antonio Margarito. Lost to Williams but still a huge threat in the division. Looked sensational last time out against Golden Johnson.

Then follows a pack headed by Cintron, Judah, Collazo, Gomez, Quintana, Berto

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Williams. He's a good fighter. But he's beatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok,I give Tony a chance IF he starts early and I did think Kermit would be able to KO him but now I think Kermit is unable to take pressure and has not improved as I had thought. I think Williams beats 2 bags of shit out of Hatton,Oscar,Clottey,Collazo and Judah if ANY dare to fight him

EXCELLENT posting.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Floyd doesn't fight welters.

Here's my WW list:

1.Cotto
    2.Mayweather
    3.Williams
    4.Margarito
    5.Cintron

Yeah.

I don't like William's pitter pat also. He can be a real snoozer at times. Real boring style.

From what I hear from the Margarito camp, they know what they did wrong.

Margarito, Decision. In the Rematch, IF it happens.

DAMN Bob Arum... I hear he wants Margarito to fight Jose Luis Castillo.

That's just a stupid fight. LAME. BORING!!!

Been there done that. Hatton already showed the world that JC superstar is old and gone.

WASTE of a fighter if he fights JLC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His output for somebody so tall is impressive. What is even more amazing is that he can make the weight at all! He epitomises the fact that styles make fights. I would agree that Cotto would have a better chance against him than Mayweather, but i'd still fancy Mayweather over Cotto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hackey100
    His output for somebody so tall is impressive. What is even more amazing is that he can make the weight at all! He epitomises the fact that styles make fights. I would agree that Cotto would have a better chance against him than Mayweather, but i'd still fancy Mayweather over Cotto.
    That guy doesn't fight Welters. What's everybody's deal here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not be surprised if no other welterweight could beat him. 

Someone should treat him for tape worm and then send him on his way to middleweight.

"Keep it movin' skinny boy."

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Here's my WW list:

1.Cotto
    2.Mayweather
    3.Williams
    4.Margarito
    5.Cintron

I don't think Mosely has fallen out of the top 5 with his performance against Cotto.

My top 5 would be.

1. Floyd He's the F****** LINEAR welterweight champ and P4P number 1 in the world Gamo, your placement of Cotto at number 1 is just pure pretentiousness in my opinion.

2. Cotto, looked very impressive in 2007 going from hot prospect to bona fida p4p star. He's NOT above Floyd Mayweather though

3. Shane Mosely. I know he doesn't hold a belt and he lost his last fight but he showed enough imo to solidify himself as the best fighter in the division outside Cotto and Floyd......for now at least.

4. Paul Williams, I agree with you, he's a real stylistic nightmare for anybody in the division but lets see him in another fight before putting him above the big 3.

5. Antonio Margarito. Lost to Williams but still a huge threat in the division. Looked sensational last time out against Golden Johnson.

How can Mosley be top 3 ?? his only win at Welterweight in years is against Collazo. He gave Cotto good fight but he still lost and no way should he be top 3 Welterweight.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Here's my WW list:

1.Cotto
    2.Mayweather
    3.Williams
    4.Margarito
    5.Cintron

My top 5 would be.

1. Floyd He's the F****** LINEAR welterweight champ and P4P number 1 in the world Gamo, your placement of Cotto at number 1 is just pure pretentiousness in my opinion.

How can Mosley be top 3 ?? his only win at Welterweight in years is against Collazo. He gave Cotto good fight but he still lost and no way should he be top 3 Welterweight.
    He lost a really close decision, actually closer than Margarito's loss to Williams in the eyes of most and Cotto is a proven p4p star. Besides which he finished the stronger of the two in his fight with Cotto and is the first fighter ever to really have Cotto on the back foot.

His 'only' win against Collazo was a former world champ in his prime who had in his previous fight beaten (in most people's eyes) Ricky Hatton.

He's still an exceptional fighter and showed against Cotto that he's still one of the very best fighters in the world.

Having him above Williams is a personal choice and I respect those who want to put Williams above him but it's certainly not a gross overrating as you seem to imply.

And there's no way in hell Cintron rates above Mosely, does anyone think Jesse Feliciano could have dictated the action against Shane like he did against Kermit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it is just me but I don't really see as much in him as everyone else here...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information