Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A Word About Barry Bonds

I'm not a baseball fan, never have been, never will be. In fact, I can't stand the sport. It's boring and slow. In reality it's not even a team game, it's one person against nine. Anyway, I only say that because I honestly think I can look at this entire 756 record breaking event completely objectively without any bias whatsoever. I could care less if the Yankees win the World Series or if the Cubs come out of their abyss of losing.

Ted Williams used to say the hardest thing in professional sports is to hit a baseball. I think Ted Williams didn't get out much. Either way, hitting 757 home runs is an amazing feat regardless of who does it.

The fact that it's Barry Bonds, pisses a lot of people off. It angers people that he's black, that he supposedly took steroids (which I definitely think he did), and that he's a complete asshole when it comes to dealing with the media.

The bottom line is, and my opinion doesn't mean squat, Barry Bonds hasn't done anything that most other elite professional athletes haven't already done. C'mon people, cut the naivety and get with the program. Most, not all, but most elite athletes take some form of growth hormone, steroids, EPO, blood transfusions, stimulants, etc. to enhance performance and give them that extra edge. I'm NOT condoning it, I'm merely recognizing the fact that it's prevalent. We all just need to accept that as long as athletes stand to lose and make millions of dollars, they will always, I repeat always look for an extra edge even if it's illegal and potentially harmful to their body. I know some competitive cyclists who regularly reassure me that nearly every person competing at the Tour de France is on something. I personally know many powerlifters that use steroids and beat the tests. I would venture to say that at least 50% of the NFL is "on" and over 90% of all track and field sprinters and throwers are using.

Ben Johnson, Shawne Merriman, Justin Gatlin...these are just a few names of those that got caught. You mean to tell me Lance Armstrong wins 7 consecutive Tours and the next best two riders on the planet get caught (Ivan Basso and Jan Ulrich) and Lance is clean?!?! I know Lance is THAT good, but please.

I'm old school and I'm a purist of sorts. By the same token I embrace reality. I would imagine at least 50% of the Baltimore Ravens are using steroids or some other illegal ergogenic aid. Guess what? So are the Vikings and every other team in the league.

I could ramble on but I won't. The point is Barry Bonds like so many others we cheer for used steroids. Get over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A Word About Barry Bonds

It has nothing to do with him being black,the guys record he broke is black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    It has nothing to do with him being black,the guys record he broke is black
    Yeah, If it is because barry is black, there's some neo-racism going on that i can't even begin to comprehend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so if a white fella on steroids hits 757 home runs its ok ?
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    so if a white fella on steroids hits 757 home runs its ok ?
    No. When the hell did this become about race? THE GUY HE JUST PASSED WAS BLACK. Aarom got some racial flak for passing ruth but to say the hard times barry gets from the media and all that is because he's black is rediculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to take out stock in Kleenex and hand them out to all the cryers yelling FOUL!!! No one was bitching in the mid 90's early 2000's when the balls were flying out of the park and attendances were high everyone in baseball were cashing in and would of left the whole situation alone until congress got involved a few years ago and made them do something. Then all of a sudden Baseball really cared about if the game was tainted

EVERYONE is guilty!!! FANS for watching and cheering.

OWNERS for allowing the players and cashing in on the rise and resurgence of the game.

MLB EXECUTIVES guilty for the same reason the owners are, just sitting back and riding the financial wave and turning a blind eye.

PLAYERS for doing it... and setting off of a chain reaction, we dont know how many position players and pitchers were using performance enhancing drugs. I would use if my lively hood depended on performing and the guy on the mound had an unfair edge then you bet your asss I would level the playing field and anyone sayng otherwise is a fukin liar

Bonds was a 1st ballot hall of famer before the controversy one of the best ever to lace them up with a tremendous pedigree... Bonds is the best player of this generation. If he got a boost by taking advantage of modern medicine then good for him because you can bet you asss there were plenty others doing the same thing. For all the testing and hoopla I find it funny that Bonds will finish up with over 30 dingers this year and leads the NL in walks and OBP and he is 43. I'm sure he is tested 10 ways to Texas and NEVER has failed the test...

To me this is a great time to celebrate Hank Aaron and his accompolishments as being one of the greatest in the game and all he had to endure.... The fact that he is 2nd time on the list does NOTHING to diminsh his career.. He was the best player of his era and generation

LEAVE THE FUKIN GUY ALONE ALREADY..... IF YOUR WERENT OUTRAGED 10YEARS AGO DURING THE LIVE BALL ERA WITH SOSA AND MCGWIRE AND ALL THE OTHER PROLIFIC HR HITTERS THEN SHUT THE FUK UP!!!!! HYPOCRITES..

To show you who cares when it comes down to it... The fans are still packing into the ballpark and attendance is at an all time high for a sport that is so dirty and tainted and soiled.... You could of fooled me that people are disgusted

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

I'm not a baseball fan, never have been, never will be. In fact, I can't stand the sport. It's boring and slow. In reality it's not even a team game, it's one person against nine. Anyway, I only say that because I honestly think I can look at this entire 756 record breaking event completely objectively without any bias whatsoever. I could care less if the Yankees win the World Series or if the Cubs come out of their abyss of losing.

Ted Williams used to say the hardest thing in professional sports is to hit a baseball. I think Ted Williams didn't get out much. Either way, hitting 757 home runs is an amazing feat regardless of who does it.

The fact that it's Barry Bonds, pisses a lot of people off. It angers people that he's black, that he supposedly took steroids (which I definitely think he did), and that he's a complete asshole when it comes to dealing with the media.

The bottom line is, and my opinion doesn't mean squat, Barry Bonds hasn't done anything that most other elite professional athletes haven't already done. C'mon people, cut the naivety and get with the program. Most, not all, but most elite athletes take some form of growth hormone, steroids, EPO, blood transfusions, stimulants, etc. to enhance performance and give them that extra edge. I'm NOT condoning it, I'm merely recognizing the fact that it's prevalent. We all just need to accept that as long as athletes stand to lose and make millions of dollars, they will always, I repeat always look for an extra edge even if it's illegal and potentially harmful to their body. I know some competitive cyclists who regularly reassure me that nearly every person competing at the Tour de France is on something. I personally know many powerlifters that use steroids and beat the tests. I would venture to say that at least 50% of the NFL is "on" and over 90% of all track and field sprinters and throwers are using.

Ben Johnson, Shawne Merriman, Justin Gatlin...these are just a few names of those that got caught. You mean to tell me Lance Armstrong wins 7 consecutive Tours and the next best two riders on the planet get caught (Ivan Basso and Jan Ulrich) and Lance is clean?!?! I know Lance is THAT good, but please.

I'm old school and I'm a purist of sorts. By the same token I embrace reality. I would imagine at least 50% of the Baltimore Ravens are using steroids or some other illegal ergogenic aid. Guess what? So are the Vikings and every other team in the league.

I could ramble on but I won't. The point is Barry Bonds like so many others we cheer for used steroids. Get over it.

Barry Bonds deserves the record and all the credit that goes with it. And the hardest thing in sports is hitting a baseball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I would like to take out stock in Kleenex and hand them out to all the cryers yelling FOUL!!! No one was bitching in the mid 90's early 2000's when the balls were flying out of the park and attendances were high everyone in baseball were cashing in and would of left the whole situation alone until congress got involved a few years ago and made them do something. Then all of a sudden Baseball really cared about if the game was tainted

EVERYONE is guilty!!! FANS for watching and cheering.

OWNERS for allowing the players and cashing in on the rise and resurgence of the game.

MLB EXECUTIVES guilty for the same reason the owners are, just sitting back and riding the financial wave and turning a blind eye.

PLAYERS for doing it... and setting off of a chain reaction, we dont know how many position players and pitchers were using performance enhancing drugs. I would use if my lively hood depended on performing and the guy on the mound had an unfair edge then you bet your asss I would level the playing field and anyone sayng otherwise is a fukin liar

Bonds was a 1st ballot hall of famer before the controversy one of the best ever to lace them up with a tremendous pedigree... Bonds is the best player of this generation. If he got a boost by taking advantage of modern medicine then good for him because you can bet you asss there were plenty others doing the same thing. For all the testing and hoopla I find it funny that Bonds will finish up with over 30 dingers this year and leads the NL in walks and OBP and he is 43. I'm sure he is tested 10 ways to Texas and NEVER has failed the test...

To me this is a great time to celebrate Hank Aaron and his accompolishments as being one of the greatest in the game and all he had to endure.... The fact that he is 2nd time on the list does NOTHING to diminsh his career.. He was the best player of his era and generation

LEAVE THE FUKIN GUY ALONE ALREADY..... IF YOUR WERENT OUTRAGED 10YEARS AGO DURING THE LIVE BALL ERA WITH SOSA AND MCGWIRE AND ALL THE OTHER PROLIFIC HR HITTERS THEN SHUT THE FUK UP!!!!! HYPOCRITES..

To show you who cares when it comes down to it... The fans are still packing into the ballpark and attendance is at an all time high for a sport that is so dirty and tainted and soiled.... You could of fooled me that people are disgusted
    Hey i still say he belongs in the hall of fame. Most of those homeruns he hit were probably off of juiced pictures therefor, even playing field. He has never failed a test so all this "disgust" is mere speculation. He never tested positive so i dunno why everyone is giving him a hard time either.

cc JT

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

Barry Bonds deserves the record and all the credit that goes with it. And the hardest thing in sports is hitting a baseball.
    You're not kidding. The better fastballs are in the catchers glove under a second giving you very little time tod ecide if you even wanna swing at it let alone put the bat to the ball successfully.

El Kabong Guest

The fact that he's black has NOTHING to do with my dislike of him!

I don't care what color he is he's a liar a cheater and he LOVES playing the victim when he deserves some of the shit he gets from writers and fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder how many of these people that hate on Barry Bonds are fans of Evander Holyfield.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i actually did a persuasive essay on steroids use few months ago. I creditted boxing for being one of the sports that does not tolerate use of steroids.

Anyways, wheather we like it or not the word tainted will be right next to barry bond's name unless Barry can come up with a way that clears his name...unlikely by the way.

What happened was that there has been too many suspicious things pointing at Barry Bonds. Before he was in a Giants uniform he was a nobody an average baseball player, I believe at the age of 34 thats when he began to grow rapidly. Signs of Steroid syptoms had began to show on him. As the number of home runs piled up, more and more suspicions surfaces.

I don't think race is a issue here because hank aron was black too so why in the world would others be passionately against Barry a black guy breaking another black guy's record?

It is all about the suspicious shyt surrounding BARRY BONDS. Even hank aron avoided having to be interviewed when BARRY broke his record because even he suspected Barry must of did something with himself for the last 8 years because when barry was in his 20's nobody knew this guy. While hank did it throughout his career, BArry pretty much did it in 8 years.

What was that movie with kevin COSTNER, where he broke home run records in the minor leages and afterwards he just immediately retired because he felt guilty he didn't set the record with only his own true abilities?

BArry should just do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Before he was in a Giants uniform he was a nobody an average baseball player I believe at the age of 34 thats when he began to grow rapidly. .
    Alright Julias you know I like to let it fly and tend to tell it like it is so dont take this the wrong way.... That is the dumbest F****** thing I have ever read in my whole entire life, and I hope you got an "F" based on the fucktardom of your above sentence.. Now being a baseball fan for 24 years and following the sport religiously I gotta call bullshit and let me show you why...

A nobody huh? average? 1st of all Before the quote un quote circumstances surrounding the last few years of Bonds career he was a 5 tool player and probably the best defensive left fielder in his prime ever to play the game.

SEAS TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    1986 Pit 113 413 72 92 26 3 16 48 65 102 36 7 .223 .330 .416 .746
    1987 Pit 150 551 99 144 34 9 25 59 54 88 32 10 .261 .329 .492 .821
    1988 Pit 144 538 97 152 30 5 24 58 72 82 17 11 .283 .368 .491 .859
    1989 Pit 159 580 96 144 34 6 19 58 93 93 32 10 .248 .351 .426 .777
    1990 Pit 151 519 104 156 32 3 33 114 93 83 52 13 .301 .406 .565 .971
    1991 Pit 153 510 95 149 28 5 25 116 107 73 43 13 .292 .410 .514 .924
    1992 Pit 140 473 109 147 36 5 34 103 127 69 39 8 .311 .456 .624 1.080
    1993 SF 159 539 129 181 38 4 46 123 126 79 29 12 .336 .458 .677 1.135
    1994 SF 112 391 89 122 18 1 37 81 74 43 29 9 .312 .426 .647 1.073
    1995 SF 144 506 109 149 30 7 33 104 120 83 31 10 .294 .431 .577 1.008
    1996 SF 158 517 122 159 27 3 42 129 151 76 40 7 .308 .461 .615 1.076
    1997 SF 159 532 123 155 26 5 40 101 145 87 37 8 .291 .446 .585 1.031
    1998 SF 156 552 120 167 44 7 37 122 130 92 28 12 .303 .438 .609 1.047
    1999 SF 102 355 91 93 20 2 34 83 73 62 15 2 .262 .389 .617 1.006

These are stats up until he was 34.. Yea 445 homeruns realy indicative of an average nobody

barry was in his 20's nobody knew this guy.
    Awards
    • 1990: National League Most Valuable Player1990: National League Gold Glove at OF 

1991: National League Gold Glove at OF            • 1992: National League Gold Glove at OF 
    • 1992: National League Most Valuable Player     • 1993: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 1993: National League Gold Glove at OF          • 1994: National League Gold Glove at OF 
    1994 ESPY: Male Athlete of the Year                  • 1994 ESPY: Outstanding Baseball Performer
    • 1996: National League Gold Glove at OF           • 1997: National League Gold Glove at OF 
    • 1998: National League Gold Glove at OF

• 2001: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 2002 ESPY: Moment of the Year                    • 2002: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 2002 ESPY: Outstanding Baseball Performer     • 2003: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 2004: National League Most Valuable Player     • 2004: National League Silver Slugger

up until he was 34 he had won 3 NL MVP awards and 7 gold gloves along with being espn's male sportman of the year in 94 as well as best baseball performer and was voted as  Player of the Decade for the 1990's by The Sporting News not to mention that he is the only player in major league history to hit 500 homers and steal 500 bases

but yea Julius Rain  Barry Bonds was just an average player and a nobody at age 34    I suggest you remove head from asss before you post utter garbage and unresearched ignorant statements..

If Barry retired at 34 he would already have been in the hall of fame  

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before he was in a Giants uniform he was a nobody an average baseball player I believe at the age of 34 thats when he began to grow rapidly. .
    Alright Julias you know I like to let it fly and tend to tell it like it is so dont take this the wrong way.... That is the dumbest F****** thing I have ever read in my whole entire life, and I hope you got an "F" based on the fucktardom of your above sentence.. Now being a baseball fan for 24 years and following the sport religiously I gotta call bullshit and let me show you why...

A nobody huh? average? 1st of all Before the quote un quote circumstances surrounding the last few years of Bonds career he was a 5 tool player and probably the best defensive left fielder in his prime ever to play the game.

These are stats up until he was 34.. Yea 445 homeruns realy indicative of an average nobody

Awards
    • 1990: National League Most Valuable Player1990: National League Gold Glove at OF

1991: National League Gold Glove at OF 1992: National League Gold Glove at OF
    • 1992: National League Most Valuable Player • 1993: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 1993: National League Gold Glove at OF • 1994: National League Gold Glove at OF
    1994 ESPY: Male Athlete of the Year • 1994 ESPY: Outstanding Baseball Performer
    • 1996: National League Gold Glove at OF • 1997: National League Gold Glove at OF

• 2002 ESPY: Moment of the Year • 2002: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 2002 ESPY: Outstanding Baseball Performer • 2003: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 2004: National League Most Valuable Player • 2004: National League Silver Slugger

up until he was 34 he had won 3 NL MVP awards and 7 gold gloves along with being espn's male sportman of the year in 94 as well as best baseball performer and was voted as Player of the Decade for the 1990's by The Sporting News not to mention that he is the only player in major league history to hit 500 homers and steal 500 bases

but yea Julius Rain Barry Bonds was just an average player and a nobody at age 34 I suggest you remove head from asss before you post utter garbage and unresearched ignorant statements..

good research, but the media did give a fwock less about him before he was on steroids thats why I said he was an average player and a nobody

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awards

1991: National League Gold Glove at OF 1992: National League Gold Glove at OF
    • 1992: National League Most Valuable Player • 1993: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 1993: National League Gold Glove at OF • 1994: National League Gold Glove at OF
    1994 ESPY: Male Athlete of the Year • 1994 ESPY: Outstanding Baseball Performer
    • 1996: National League Gold Glove at OF • 1997: National League Gold Glove at OF

• 2002 ESPY: Moment of the Year • 2002: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 2002 ESPY: Outstanding Baseball Performer • 2003: National League Most Valuable Player
    • 2004: National League Most Valuable Player • 2004: National League Silver Slugger

up until he was 34 he had won 3 NL MVP awards and 7 gold gloves along with being espn's male sportman of the year in 94 as well as best baseball performer and was voted as Player of the Decade for the 1990's by The Sporting News not to mention that he is the only player in major league history to hit 500 homers and steal 500 bases

but yea Julius Rain Barry Bonds was just an average player and a nobody at age 34 I suggest you remove head from asss before you post utter garbage and unresearched ignorant statements..

good research, but the media did give a fwock less about him before he was on steroids thats why I said he was an average player and a nobody
    Says who Since when does a 3 time NL MVP seven time goldglove winner and player of the decade for the 90's by the sporting news, not recieve media attention

Who the hell do you think votes on MVP and press papers like the sporting news and ESPN who is by far the biggest sports media outlet in the world

I knew you couldnt man up and admit your wrong BoxingGod Julius Rain you screwed the pooch and got owned there cowboy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea J.t you got me in baseball, and you know BG

fwock baseball anyways, and bonds wasn't get as much attention then than he is now. You say steroids in baseball, first guy peeps look at is....BARRY BONDS

damn u turned out to be a baseball fanatic u clearly know more shyt but when that day comes barry is proven guilty....you owe me ten coolclicks boy

Thread Information