Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roseanne ***TAKEN OFF THE AIR**** for tweets! But wait,...........

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roseanne ***TAKEN OFF THE AIR**** for tweets! But wait,...........

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I disagree on that Tito. As an expert in the field of alcohol and pills I actually find the opposite is quite true. Some of my finest posting was under the influence of such things and if anything it just made me post wacky shit that a sober me wouldn't really give the time of day to. I also found myself really stooping to the level of the trolls who would torture me. And it also led to an inordinate number of leaving threads. One can tell how well I am by the difference in my posting.

I had to clean myself up. It certainly wasn't me. It was more of a character than anything else. A kind of Mr Hyde that would come out to play.

You don't think being boozed up removes all filters? Well, ok.... it might work differently for different people I guess. I know normally timid people will become all sorts of outgoing when boozed up...... guys who don't dare approach the hot chick in the bar need a few drinks in them before The Approach...... and other examples. Hell..... the classic example: The proverbial closet and those who come out of it after one too many.
    Do u think it can alter behavior, I don’t think it just removes inhibitions though that is part of it

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I disagree on that Tito. As an expert in the field of alcohol and pills I actually find the opposite is quite true. Some of my finest posting was under the influence of such things and if anything it just made me post wacky shit that a sober me wouldn't really give the time of day to. I also found myself really stooping to the level of the trolls who would torture me. And it also led to an inordinate number of leaving threads. One can tell how well I am by the difference in my posting.

I had to clean myself up. It certainly wasn't me. It was more of a character than anything else. A kind of Mr Hyde that would come out to play.

You don't think being boozed up removes all filters? Well, ok.... it might work differently for different people I guess. I know normally timid people will become all sorts of outgoing when boozed up...... guys who don't dare approach the hot chick in the bar need a few drinks in them before The Approach...... and other examples. Hell..... the classic example: The proverbial closet and those who come out of it after one too many.
    Do u think it can alter behavior, I don’t think it just removes inhibitions though that is part of it

I think if you hold deep-rooted thoughts and feelings, which may be unacceptable in mainstream society, and maybe you have to watch yourself from saying inappropriate things in public......... yes, a few drinks or some select drugs in your system could very well release the torrent. Maybe not for all, but for some.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes miles sometimes we could argue and over the course of the conversation I could track your pickledness. It was quite funny. You threatened to leave or jump off a building much more frequently as well
    Exactly. I haven't started a leaving thread in a long time and it correlates with being sober.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me, I drank for two reasons. One was to overcome my shyness and the second was to fall asleep.

I think some of my really good posting came between that 2nd and 4th pint. Then after that I would lose my way and be prone to forum battles and possible insanity. The funny thing is that I was really no harm to anyone but myself.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if you hold deep-rooted thoughts and feelings, which may be unacceptable in mainstream society, and maybe you have to watch yourself from saying inappropriate things in public......... yes, a few drinks or some select drugs in your system could very well release the torrent. Maybe not for all, but for some.
    I have no doubt that is true, alcohol has long been called the social lubricant. What I’m saying is not limited to that but a complete altering of behavior and thought

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no doubt that is true, alcohol has long been called the social lubricant. What I’m saying is not limited to that but a complete altering of behavior and thought

IMO it doesn't alter behavior or thought. Which is why if you're prone to racist comments when drunk, deep inside you're a racist. Substitute any word for "racist" and you probably have a lot of true statements.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO it doesn't alter behavior or thought. Which is why if you're prone to racist comments when drunk, deep inside you're a racist. Substitute any word for "racist" and you probably have a lot of true statements.
    You don't sound like someone who gets really, really drunk. I knew someone who would get really drunk and then start ramming into parked cars with his head. I don't think he was an actual ram and he would never do that sober. His senses were deranged. It is a form of insanity.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s look at lsd, herion and benzos. All drugs change our brain chemistry which is what makes us what we are. Alter brain chemistry alter the human. Mind you, this part of the conversation is not about rose it’s about drugs, I’ve wandered off. Herion and alcohol can alter our “old brain” which controls breathing, thirst and the other basics off life. ie: desire for food

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the fuck does Tito always get involved in threads about lubricants?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito tits is disagreeing with me. I really wish I could flip out and insult him like @bff beanz does when he disagrees with someone but I just don’t have it in me. Maybe I wimped out, maybe life has run me down, maybe beanz has prevailed and his way is the right way. I just don’t care to argue or insult people. Sure I do it sometimes but for @bff beanz it’s a constant thing. I have no idea where he gets the energy. It’s quite obvious I am right and tits is wrong but I’ll just let him babble on and not throw insults. It’s not his fault he isn’t that bright.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never been a Rosanne fan, so I'm not disappointed that her show has been cancelled.

She should have known better than to call someone with African heritage an ape. That being said, I agree that there should not be a double standard, and other people like Bill Maher should also lose their shows.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito tits is disagreeing with me. I really wish I could flip out and insult him like @bff beanz does when he disagrees with someone but I just don’t have it in me. Maybe I wimped out, maybe life has run me down, maybe beanz has prevailed and his way is the right way. I just don’t care to argue or insult people. Sure I do it sometimes but for @bff beanz it’s a constant thing. I have no idea where he gets the energy. It’s quite obvious I am right and tits is wrong but I’ll just let him babble on and not throw insults. It’s not his fault he isn’t that bright.

Were we arguing? Weird....... 'cause I'm usually aware when I'm involved in an argument, so...... what's your point again?
    I'd need to sleep on it and come up with at least 20 reasons as to why you're wrong.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Were we arguing? Weird....... 'cause I'm usually aware when I'm involved in an argument, so...... what's your point again?
    I'd need to sleep on it and come up with at least 20 reasons as to why you're wrong.
    Don't you worry, Tito. He is just having an Ambien babble. Will be okay again 8 hours later.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn dude that is frickin cold. We need to discuss a #truce. You just ripped me up like it was nothing.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#Tito-"lays down the smacketh-downeth"

Thread Information