Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Quick Q and A with the TJ tornado,Tony Margarito..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Quick Q and A with the TJ tornado,Tony Margarito..

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...EZbnPikMR.html

Nice quick read. Margarito is becoming more well known all the time!Also, Golden Johnson is not as much a bum as I've seen being made out by some on this forum:

Since coming back from a three-year break in ‘05, Johnson has gone unbeaten in his last four bouts (3-0-1) under the guidance of former 130-pound champ James Leija. Johnson has shocked three young welterweight prospects since embarking on his comeback – out-pointing Freddy Hernandez (17-0 at the time), holding Larry Mosley (15-1-1 at the time) to a draw and stopping Oscar Diaz (25-1 at the time) in 11 brutal rounds.

Also,I've read over at Maxboxing that Jorge Arce,who is trained by Javier Capetillo who also trains Tony,that Arce looked REAL BAD in sparring.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Quick Q and A with the TJ tornado,Tony Margarito..

Its a warm up fight. It means as much as Zab Judah's latest bout.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Golden Johnson is a better fighter than Zab's opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    That's for sure. Haven't seen Tony fighting junkbutts on FNF's lately. Zab isn't bettering himself fighting complete nobodies or has beens, just making himself feel better. Tony and Zab really need to fight each other.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    That's for sure. Haven't seen Tony fighting junkbutts on FNF's lately. Zab isn't bettering himself fighting complete nobodies or has beens, just making himself feel better. Tony and Zab really need to fight each other.
    I agree with everything except Tony and Zab need to fight each other. Margarito will never fight Zab. When Margarito was champ,his camp contacted Zab over and over for a unification bout. Zab said he would fight the winner of Cintron v Tony. He did neither. Now Tony is on the up,he won't fight Zab.I remember 1 interview he specifically said that if a time ever came and Zab wanted to fight him,Tony would not give him a chance. I agree. Tony can fight Cotto(that fight will happen at some point)Kermit and PW rematches..All prove much more than a Zab fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    I agree with everything except Tony and Zab need to fight each other. Margarito will never fight Zab. When Margarito was champ,his camp contacted Zab over and over for a unification bout. Zab said he would fight the winner of Cintron v Tony. He did neither. Now Tony is on the up,he won't fight Zab.I remember 1 interview he specifically said that if a time ever came and Zab wanted to fight him,Tony would not give him a chance. I agree. Tony can fight Cotto(that fight will happen at some point)Kermit and PW rematches..All prove much more than a Zab fight.
    Interesting; I wasn't aware of that Gamo. Forget Zab then{though it would be funny to watch}
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he got it wrong. Winning would earn him a shot at the looser of Cotto - Mosley, not the winner..

He should either go for Cintron or looser of Cotto Mosley IMO...... F*ck Judah.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice quick read. Margarito is becoming more well known all the time!Also, Golden Johnson is not as much a bum as I've seen being made out by some on this forum:

Since coming back from a three-year break in ‘05, Johnson has gone unbeaten in his last four bouts (3-0-1) under the guidance of former 130-pound champ James Leija. Johnson has shocked three young welterweight prospects since embarking on his comeback – out-pointing Freddy Hernandez (17-0 at the time), holding Larry Mosley (15-1-1 at the time) to a draw and stopping Oscar Diaz (25-1 at the time) in 11 brutal rounds.

Also,I've read over at AUTO MESSAGE: The webmaster of this site has requested that we do not use any content from it.... please delete this post that Jorge Arce,who is trained by Javier Capetillo who also trains Tony,that Arce looked REAL BAD in sparring.
    Once again El Gamo,You hit it on the head.I think Margarito is coming back STRONG.He'll demand respect and will get right into the mix.As much as I want him to rematch and Beat Williams I really want him to rematch Cintron 1st but thats unlikley.
    Maybe Im upside down but I think Cintron can beat Williams also....Maybe easier than Margarito... . Early 08' rematch anyone
    Johnson is no "Bum" as Ive seen previously said but he is made to order for Margarito in style being vulnerable to body and there for that wicked "upperhook" of Tonys.Why the Long layoff when he was actually on a good run.He has faced some talented fighters and held his own.Thanks for info Gamo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins

Also,I've read over at AUTO MESSAGE: The webmaster of this site has requested that we do not use any content from it.... please delete this post that Jorge Arce,who is trained by Javier Capetillo who also trains Tony,that Arce looked REAL BAD in sparring.
    Once again El Gamo,You hit it on the head.I think Margarito is coming back STRONG.He'll demand respect and will get right into the mix.As much as I want him to rematch and Beat Williams I really want him to rematch Cintron 1st but thats unlikley.
    Maybe Im upside down but I think Cintron can beat Williams also....Maybe easier than Margarito... . Early 08' rematch anyone
    Johnson is no "Bum" as Ive seen previously said but he is made to order for Margarito in style being vulnerable to body and there for that wicked "upperhook" of Tonys.Why the Long layoff when he was actually on a good run.He has faced some talented fighters and held his own.Thanks for info Gamo.
    You're welcome bro and excellent points too. I'm just so glad to see Margarito fighting again. I thought he would carry on being inactive but he seems motivated and wants to to get back to the top. IN fact,the loss to Williams may have been a blessing in disguise,making him look more beatable so more fighters will want to have a crack. He is also becoming more well known which is a very good thing.

Thread Information