Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao - Cotto already being discussed by Arum

...by Arum at the post-fight press conference. He also mentioned Mosley as a possible opponent.

I'm not sure if this is just a bargaining tool to negotiate a fight with PBF, which I suspect as Arum is already claiming Mayweather is "scared" of Pac, but Arum said they're looking at putting this together for Dec, should Cotto get past Clottey. My only problem is that he wants it to be fought at a catch-weight, which really sours me on the fight.

Cotto next for Pacquiao – Arum | Manila Bulletin
    Fightnews
    Last edited by CFH; 05-03-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao - Cottoalready being discussed by Arum

Bring it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao - Cotto already being discussed by Arum

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    ...by Arum at the post-fight press conference. He also mentioned Mosley as a possible opponent.

I'm not sure if this is just a bargaining tool to negotiate a fight with PBF, which I suspect as Arum is already claiming Mayweather is "scared" of Pac, but Arum said they're looking at putting this together for Dec, should Cotto get past Clottey. My only problem is that he wants it to be fought at a catch-weight, which really sours me on the fight.

Cotto next for Pacquiao – Arum | Manila Bulletin
    Fightnews
    Same here!
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmm... i dont think that would be a good idea on cotto's side, I think Cotto is a bit chinny and against a monster like Pacquiao you can't risk to get hit once if you are chinny.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon Cotto. Just snatch that belt from Clottey. I see Pacquiao winning his 7th world title in 7 diff divs by the end of this year already.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another difficult one for me. Don't know who I want to see lose on this one.

I guess I rather see Cotto finish Pac off with a flurry of power punches rather than seeing Floyd end the fight with a single punch KO.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post
    Hmmm... i dont think that would be a good idea on cotto's side, I think Cotto is a bit chinny and against a monster like Pacquiao you can't risk to get hit once if you are chinny.
    Cotto can be caught cold early, especially by a southpaw with the awesome power of a Pacquiao. BUT..... Cotto is also 10 times the boxer technician Hatton is. You won't see Cotto rushing forward with his chin stuck up in the air for all to see. And once the fight gets into the middle rounds, Cotto's relentless power and body attack will eventually wear Pacquiao down. Remember... this would be at 147.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cotto can be caught cold early, especially by a southpaw with the awesome power of a Pacquiao. BUT..... Cotto is also 10 times the boxer technician Hatton is. You won't see Cotto rushing forward with his chin stuck up in the air for all to see. And once the fight gets into the middle rounds, Cotto's relentless power and body attack will eventually wear Pacquiao down. Remember... this would be at 147.
    who said it be at 147? Shane Mosley called out Pacquiao at 147 and Roch said they'd have to meet at 144 or somewere in between.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    who said it be at 147? Shane Mosley called out Pacquiao at 147 and Roch said they'd have to meet at 144 or somewere in between.
    Pac went up to 147 for DLH. Why couldn't he do it for Cotto or Mosley? And please.... don't the DLH fans all of a sudden come rushing over to say that it's because it's "Your Highness the Golden Boy", so rules apply to everyone but him. Point is: if Pac fought (and humiliated.... ahhhh....) DLH at 147, he's perfectly capable of fighting either Mosley or Cotto there as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As hot as Manny is right now, I think Cotto might be a bridge too far. Unlike ricky, Miguel can box quite well, and unlike DLH, he is in his prime. Plus, Cotto hits much harder than anyone Manny has ever fought. A competitive fight, but I think there's a good chance that Manny gets knocked out.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    As hot as Manny is right now, I think Cotto might be a bridge too far. Unlike ricky, Miguel can box quite well, and unlike DLH, he is in his prime. Plus, Cotto hits much harder than anyone Manny has ever fought. A competitive fight, but I think there's a good chance that Manny gets knocked out.
    Agreed, for all the reasons you just wrote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Arum wants to keep this fight in the family. No matter what happens in a Cotto-Pacquiao fight, Arum wins. But the public wants the Mayweather-Pacman fight and in this day and age in boxing, the public BETTER get what they want. When ESPN is already building up a potential match during Sportscenter for Mayweather-Pacman, why ruin that momentum?

Cotto vs Pac would be a great fight though. I still think Manny is too small and is getting lucky with some of these matchups but he's DESTROYING guys. At this point, you have to say that he's got a good chance at beating anyone from 147 down not named Paul Williams.

Thread Information