Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It makes Gatti vs Ward look tame!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It makes Gatti vs Ward look tame!

I'm not knocking Gatti vs Ward, just trying to say how I feel. If you get a chance to see the MMA fight between Diego Sanchez and Gilbert Melendez, do it.
    Even if you hate MMA, you'll like this one! What a battle!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It makes Gatti vs Ward look tame!

U have a link ?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm not knocking Gatti vs Ward, just trying to say how I feel. If you get a chance to see the MMA fight between Diego Sanchez and Gilbert Melendez, do it.
    Yeah it was an awesome fight, but Sanchez was kidding himself if he thought he won that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't matter. It's still just MMA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Not keen on MMA but watched the fight based on your thread. It was at the point below midway through the final round that I reverted immediately back to watching Gatti Ward just to restore order. Great stand up battle though....

Last edited by TheMacMagician; 10-21-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good fight , but MMA and boxing are as different , as tennis and badminton.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great war. Showed that MMA guys have just as much heart and warrior spirit as boxers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like mma and love boxing.

But..in a tear up at your local car park with a prime carl froch against a prime anderson silva...i know who my money will be on.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Not keen on MMA but watched the fight based on your thread. It was at the point below midway through the final round that I reverted immediately back to watching Gatti Ward just to restore order. Great stand up battle though....

The disrespectful thread title is also what led to me to watch the fight as well. It had some of the sloppiest exchanges I ever seen but I'll lying if I said it didn't hold my interest to the end. Cuz it did. It was an entertaining fight. But I would rather watch the 2nd Gatti-Ward fight over this. MMA is just ok. I tried giving it a chance but it tends to bore me pretty easily. The picture and several similar incidents where fools just spend most of a round on top of each other looking like they trying to penetrate the other one is just to much to bear. MMA is an easier sport than boxing. It should never be compared to it

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The disrespectful thread title is also what led to me to watch the fight as well. It had some of the sloppiest exchanges I ever seen but I'll lying if I said it didn't hold my interest to the end. Cuz it did. It was an entertaining fight. But I would rather watch the 2nd Gatti-Ward fight over this. MMA is just ok. I tried giving it a chance but it tends to bore me pretty easily. The picture and several similar incidents where fools just spend most of a round on top of each other looking like they trying to penetrate the other one is just to much to bear. MMA is an easier sport than boxing. It should never be compared to it
    I'm not taking the bait, amigo! Think whatever you want about MMA, I like it as much as boxing.
    I wanted as many people as possible to see, what I think, is a great fight. A battle from start to finish.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not taking the bait, amigo! Think whatever you want about MMA, I like it as much as boxing.
    I wanted as many people as possible to see, what I think, is a great fight. A battle from start to finish.
    Nobody is bating you. You got me to watch. And I'll be lying if I said it didn't it entertain. Cuz it did. But I don't agree with thread title. While it was entertaining it's not a good. MMA is MMA. It's a legit sport. It's got good fighters. And theres some that are actually, some what enjoyable to watch. But it's not as enjoyable as boxing. It's an easier sport than boxing. That's not a knock against MMA. It's just a fact.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did watch the UFC 166 card and Melendez/Sanchez was entertaining. But no fight in any sport can possibly make Gatti/Ward 1 look tame unless there is a death match sport somewhere. And it is not a fact that MMA is an easier sport than boxing. That's called an opinion. We should be more sensible enough to stop comparing the two like were in a world where its one or the other. The sports aren't even really to be compared. But to the point of the thread, though you mislead intentionally, that fight was nice to see but you have to admit that it was very low level in the skills department. Melendez is much more polished than that and he brought it down to the level of Sanchez to an all out wild slug fest. You can even hear Joe Rogan admit there is not a lot skill in this one. Though him and the other commentator both called it the greatest fight they'd ever seen. I don't connect the two. My opinion is those wild slug fests are entertaining, I can even see most entertaining, but not the greatest fights. People must have different interpretations of the word greatest. I think what Cain Velasquez did to Dos Santos was far greater.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is bating you. You got me to watch. And I'll be lying if I said it didn't it entertain. Cuz it did. But I don't agree with thread title. While it was entertaining it's not a good. MMA is MMA. It's a legit sport. It's got good fighters. And theres some that are actually, some what enjoyable to watch. But it's not as enjoyable as boxing. It's an easier sport than boxing. That's not a knock against MMA. It's just a fact.
    If that's how you see, great. Like I said before, I'm not taking the bait.
    I shouldn't have put it on the boxing forum to begin with, but it was such a great fight I couldn't resist.
    What did you think of that cut over Diego's eye? Nasty looking!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that's how you see, great. Like I said before, I'm not taking the bait.
    I shouldn't have put it on the boxing forum to begin with, but it was such a great fight I couldn't resist.
    What did you think of that cut over Diego's eye? Nasty looking!
    I like mma, hell I wach bellator, axis fights, glory kickboxing basically if its two dudes fighting each other in some sort of fashion ill watch. I was extremely intoxicated by the time this fight rolled around, the main event I can't even recall. It was a fun fight but rogan and some fans seem to have a tendency to call that weekends best fight the fight of the century, hell two weeks ago jones-gustafson was the best fight ever...why can't we just enjoy it for what it is and not call a fight once a month the best ever, because if we are honest it rarely ever is.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jehoshaphat View Post
    I did watch the UFC 166 card and Melendez/Sanchez was entertaining. But no fight in any sport can possibly make Gatti/Ward 1 look tame unless there is a death match sport somewhere. And it is not a fact that MMA is an easier sport than boxing. That's called an opinion. We should be more sensible enough to stop comparing the two like were in a world where its one or the other. The sports aren't even really to be compared. But to the point of the thread, though you mislead intentionally, that fight was nice to see but you have to admit that it was very low level in the skills department. Melendez is much more polished than that and he brought it down to the level of Sanchez to an all out wild slug fest. You can even hear Joe Rogan admit there is not a lot skill in this one. Though him and the other commentator both called it the greatest fight they'd ever seen. I don't connect the two. My opinion is those wild slug fests are entertaining, I can even see most entertaining, but not the greatest fights. People must have different interpretations of the word greatest. I think what Cain Velasquez did to Dos Santos was far greater.
    There's several reasons it's a fact. It's a fact just based on the times set. MMA fights are set for only 3 rounds. 5 for championship fights. At 5 minutes a round it comes out to only 15 and 25 minutes of fighting. Boxing is set for 10 and 12 rounds at 3 minutes a round. That comes out to 30 and 36 minutes of fighting. A lot of the MMA's fight minutes are spent on the ground looking for position or a submission. That's a lot of rest time compared to the no rest time in a boxing match. Really it's not even debatable.

Thread Information