Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is Arum trying to make a PBF v Cotto fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Arum trying to make a PBF v Cotto fight?

I think Arum is trying to build up match with Floyd for Cotto for a while. Fist he beat Corley,whom Floyd beat,then he fought Paulie,a slick boxer(and I remember Arum saying that if he cant deal with Paulie,he couldnt deal with Floyd),then he fought Quintana,a very slick boxer and now he's fighting Zab,a former Floyd opponent and the only man as fast as Floyd. T

he winner of this will fight the winner of Margarito-Williams(or even if Tony loses,he may get a shot at Cotto,contactual obligation,Top Rank?). Can you see what I mean?? It certainly seems to be playing out like that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Cotto does well V Zab,is it an indication of how he could do against PBF?

well, i guess if he doesnt look TOO bad getting KTFO then maybe it means he would look OK losing to mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Cotto does well V Zab,is it an indication of how he could do against PBF?

i wouldn't say its a clear indication of how he'd do against floyd cus zab and floyd don't fight the same floyd's very unprodictable, plus the only thing zab has near in terms of being like floyd is his speed but even then floyd is still quicker. anyway one thing we will know is if zab beats him he has no chance of fighting PBF. if however he does beat zab then floyd maybe will then fight him but i still think cotto has to fight another couple before he takes on PBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wouldn't say its a clear indication of how he'd do against floyd cus zab and floyd don't fight the same floyd's very unprodictable, plus the only thing zab has near in terms of being like floyd is his speed but even then floyd is still quicker. anyway one thing we will know is if zab beats him he has no chance of fighting PBF. if however he does beat zab then floyd maybe will then fight him but i still think cotto has to fight another couple before he takes on PBF.

zabs faster then mayweather we seen that at first hand

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I think Arum is trying to build up match with Floyd for Cotto for a while. Fist he beat Corley,whom Floyd beat,then he fought Paulie,a slick boxer(and I remember Arum saying that if he cant deal with Paulie,he couldnt deal with Floyd),then he fought Quintana,a very slick boxer and now he's fighting Zab,a former Floyd opponent and the only man as fast as Floyd. T

he winner of this will fight the winner of Margarito-Williams(or even if Tony loses,he may get a shot at Cotto,contactual obligation,Top Rank?). Can you see what I mean?? It certainly seems to be playing out like that.
    Not really Zab is southpaw fights different to Mayweather only thing they have in common is there both very fast but imo i don't think it would indicate much bro.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    well, i guess if he doesnt look TOO bad getting KTFO then maybe it means he would look OK losing to mayweather
    Ha i think your boy will be on canvas come fight time mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baldomir did well against Zab. That should answer your question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A beat B and B beat C, therefore A will beat C etc.............please, are we gonna talk about this again? The only way we can tell if Cotto can beat Mayweather is if Cotto fights Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hackey100
    A beat B and B beat C, therefore A will beat C etc.............please, are we gonna talk about this again? The only way we can tell if Cotto can beat Mayweather is if Cotto fights Mayweather.
    well said. theres no indication whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta sad click , I think the Margarito fans are out and about lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say no because they fight with different styles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think yes.. If cotto can beat zab and handle his speed and skill then it shows he can hang with floyd..

But whats more is that zab has alot greater power then floyd and if cotto can not only fight smart enough to hang with his skill and speed.. But take a greater punch..Then that would be something to worry floyd

Because when it comes to floyd.. He has that edge in skill.. But if cotto has the chin to take zab's punches and can hang with the speed and skill..Then thats something to worry about
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Arum trying to make a PBF v Cotto fight?

i still don't think a win over zab will mean he can beat mayweather. zab may be skilled and fast like mayweather but he doesn't have the defense that mayweather has and he also ain't as accurate as the pretty boy

Thread Information