Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BBBC condemns Haye-Chisora

Fightnews - BBBC condemns Haye-Chisora

British boxing board of control really not happy with this one then, you do have to understand where they are coming from and from a proffesional stand point this does undermine a lot of what they have put into British boxing. I think Haye-Chisora is a make sense fight, but Warren is fully going behind British boxing's back with this fight IMO. As a fan I want this fight, but maybe it should occur later in the year when both fighters have sorted themselves out, imagine what they are going to be like in the build up to the fight? If anything stupid happens ( which is more than likely IMO ) will that make a mockery out of the work that BBBC put into the sport?

Its a tough issue really, because that upton park card sounds like it has a lot of potential, I really am looking forward to Burns-Mitchell too, but reading stuff like this I am slightly put off Haye-Chisora at this present time. Shit times as a fan really, but you do have to be realistic. I wonder how Warren will react to this.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BBBC condemns Haye-Chisora

Haye-Chisora Staggers British Board: 17,000 Tickets Sold! - Boxing News

But looking at this as well, there is such much demand for the fight, what is going to happen

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With the economy down the shitter the BBBC thinks stopping business revenue over some flimsy moral objection they have over a *shock* press conference fight is a good thing?

Pathetic.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking it out on undercard fighters and officials too.

Fucking losers.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CHISORA v HAYE

It has come to the attention of the Stewards of the British Boxing Board of Control that the Luxembourg Boxing Federation is considering putting on a promotion within the jurisdiction of the Board between Dereck Chisora and David Haye. The Stewards condemn any attempt by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation to do so.

Dereck Chisora has recently had his licence withdrawn by the Stewards of the British Boxing Board of Control on the ground that he is not a fit and proper person to hold a boxer’s licence. David Haye does not hold a boxer’s licence with the British Boxing Board of Control. If he applied for a licence his fitness to hold a licence would have to be considered, particularly in light of the part he played in what occurred at the press conference held subsequent to the Vitali Klitschko v Dereck Chisora contest.

Those behind this proposal are not concerned with the interests of the sport of professional boxing. Any member who participates in such a promotion would bring the sport of boxing into disrepute and would wholly undermine the authority of the British Boxing Board of Control, of which he/she is a member, as the regulatory body for professional boxing in the United Kingdom. This is nothing more than an attempt to circumvent the decision of the Stewards of the British Boxing Board of Control, in respect of Dereck Chisora, for monetary gain. Dereck Chisora’s proper remedy is by way of appeal to the Independent Stewards of Appeal, which is due to take place on the 2nd July 2012.

The British Boxing Board of Control has controlled and regulated professional boxing in the United Kingdom since 1929. Its primary concern is the safety of the boxer and its regulations have been developed and implemented accordingly. It has also ensured that the rules of boxing are enforced to the highest standard. Its reputation as a regulatory body is second to none within the wider boxing world. It can only act effectively with the consent and support of its members.

The Articles of Association (the “Constitution”) of the British Boxing Board of Control, to which every member has agreed to be bound, make it perfectly clear that the object of the British Boxing Board of Control is to control and regulate boxing in the United Kingdom. Any member of the British Boxing Board of Control who participates in any way in a promotion such as that referred to above would thereby evince an intention not to be bound by the Constitution of the British Boxing Board of Control and would act in a manner wholly incompatible therewith. In such circumstances the British Boxing Board of Control would accept that member’s repudiation of the Constitution as terminating his/her membership of the British Boxing Board of Control and his/her licence.

The British Boxing Board of Control has made its position clear to the Luxembourg Boxing Federation, the European Boxing Union and World Sanctioning Organisations and has already received strong support for its stance. As stated above, the British Boxing Board of Control does not approve of such a promotion taking place within its jurisdiction and will not supply any of its officials to officiate at such a promotion. For the avoidance of doubt, any member of the British Boxing Board of Control who participates in any way in such a promotion will be deemed to have terminated his/her membership of the British Boxing Board of Control and his/her licence therewith, for the reasons stated above.

Further, the Stewards of the British Boxing Board of Control make it clear that the British Boxing Board of Control will assume no responsibility in respect of any aspect of such promotion and any participation therein would not be covered by any insurance policy taken out by the Board.

Participation includes taking any steps directly or indirectly, to arrange, advertise, broadcast, facilitate, officiate or take part in any way in such a promotion.

R. W. SMITH
    General Secretary
    Very interesting and it looks like the fight between the fight makers and the BBBC might be better than the fight itself.

this could be a massive turning point for british boxing and will be interesting watching these 2 heavyweights of british boxing locking horns and i aint talking about haye chrisora

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry but I really can't see the boards threats being carried out. Can anyone else see them banning Warren and all his fighters from paying them the fees they get every time there is a Warren show? LuxBox must be rubbing their hands together if they really are serious.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its all making the fight even bigger news

what a bunch of plonkers

theyd have been better saying they had decided to award the fighters their licences back and think of a good reason why
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    its all making the fight even bigger news

what a bunch of plonkers

theyd have been better saying they had decided to award the fighters their licences back and think of a good reason why
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Haye should be stopped from fighting. I just think he should be put on some sort of "pay-for-performance" arrangement.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to buck the trend of everyone thinking that the BBBC should back down, but I reckon they should stick to their guns. Ban Warren, and make him appeal to have his licence back. You start backing down because one banned fighter is going to proceed, and they'll end up having to do the same thing to many other fighters.

I think it's ridiculous that Warren is going ahead with this shambles. It seems unlikely, but I hope the whole show bombs and Warren loses a stack of cash. Once you start threatening the other boxers as they have done now, I don't think the BBBC can back down without losing face.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I happy for it to go either way... Just love the drama of it all.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One guy punches another whilst holding a bottle in his hand and then the other threatens to hunt down shoot and burn the other. All of this, in front of the cameras and they get rewarded with a massive payday. Just plain wrong!!

...and they're both shit anyway!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully the board strip all those involved. This is a farce. I've been thinking about the undercard and we could end up with some thing like Frank Bruno v Danny Williams....

Thread Information