Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton's Future

Where can Ricky go now to bolster his legacy in these twilight fights?

He looked great against Paulie, and he looked a bit tighter in regard to defense and poise, BUT he still makes a lot of mistakes that guys with some pepper are going to force Hatton to deal with.

That feinted, half lunging left of his is going to get him blasted again if he moves in to take the winner of Pac and ODLH. As good as the Hitman looked Saturday, Paule Malignaggi is no Oscar de la Hoya, and certainly no Manny Pac.

What about a Cotto fight? Even though Margarito walked him down in the end, Cotto landed some phenomenal counter rights to Antonio's noggin. It's not Miguel's fault that Margarito has a stone chin. If you can recall the right hands im talking about from their fight, then maybe you can agree that I dont think Hatton would take them well.

So who does it leave? Who can Ricky realistically beat that boosts him past his current status?

God love him, and Im a huge fan, but Im nervous to see him headline against any names right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton's Future

You're points about Hatton v Cotto are the same observations I made.. Cotto was extremely sharp with his counters and actually had the better of Margarito's relentless pressure for a lot of rounds until he was totally worn down.. I don't think Hatton would be quite as effective at wearing down Cotto as Margarito was, and I more so, don't think Hatton could take the type of shots Margarito took without getting busted up.. Cotto would just be to sharp for Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton needs to stay away from Cotto

non boxing fans in the uk don't know who Cotto is, Cotto has just come off a loss and isnt a world champion so he doesnt offer much to Hatton, If Hatton were to beat Cotto everyone would scream Cotto was ruined by Tony
    Its a lose / lose

Pac is the best fight out there for Hatton I wish DLH wasn't involved at all

But there are some good fights at 140
    "There is no point being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."
    John Paul Sigmarrsson, 4 time Word's Strongest Man

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think fighting the winner of Pac is still on the cards for Hatton. Yes they may cause the Hitman some problems but Ricky will worry them a hell of a lot too.
    If he can get to the later rounds v DLH and work the body he'll make oscar gas out, and i think he may overpower Pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sonny78 View Post

non boxing fans in the uk don't know who Cotto is, Cotto has just come off a loss and isnt a world champion so he doesnt offer much to Hatton, If Hatton were to beat Cotto everyone would scream Cotto was ruined by Tony
    Its a lose / lose

Ive seen all but 4-5 of cottos 38 odd fights and i genuinely believe at 140pounds (it`ll never happen i know) he wouldnt pose that many more questions for ricky to answer.

Hatton got bashed up by the greatest fighter in the world...as has everyone else who has ever stepped into the ring with PBF.

But apart from that the mans record speaks for itself and ricky for all his defensive flaws is still physically and technically a class class fighter that`ll be remembered for years to come.

Cotto beats Hatton at 147
    Hatton beats Cotto at 140

Whats so hard to work out here??
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton needs to stay at 140, he has no business at 147 unless he wants to be flat on his back once again, he has fought twice at 147 and has been bashed up in both, Collazo who couldnt knock a wank out had him in big trouble and if that attack came around the tenth would of probably finished the job, Mayweather knocked him out and now he wants to fight a man who hits alot harder than these two fighters put together ( Dela Hoya) Ricky stay where you are and stop thinking about the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Its a lose / lose

Ive seen all but 4-5 of cottos 38 odd fights and i genuinely believe at 140pounds (it`ll never happen i know) he wouldnt pose that many more questions for ricky to answer.

Hatton got bashed up by the greatest fighter in the world...as has everyone else who has ever stepped into the ring with PBF.

But apart from that the mans record speaks for itself and ricky for all his defensive flaws is still physically and technically a class class fighter that`ll be remembered for years to come.

I guess you havent seen many PBF fights?? He bashed everyone who ever stepped in the ring with him??

You seen the following fights:

Castillo 1 & 2
    Judah
    Dela Hoya

Not one of them fighters got bashed up as you state, Floyd basically worked out Hattons game after 5 rounds and schooled him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would try and get a fight with Cotto at a catch weight at 143. Or stay at 140 dont move up to 147 and get beat again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Its a lose / lose

I guess you havent seen many PBF fights?? He bashed everyone who ever stepped in the ring with him??

Castillo 1 & 2
    Judah
    Dela Hoya

Not one of them fighters got bashed up as you state, Floyd basically worked out Hattons game after 5 rounds and schooled him.

Apart from castillo 1 when JLC genuinely had PBF in a bit of trouble.

The other 3 fights you mention there dont acknowledge the fact that rickys style and agression is far different to those above and that he risked all despite being behind on points.

And as ive already said im talking in terms of rickys status at 140 pounds (43-0) not his (1-1) at 147!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone agrees that Hatton has no business at 147. So a fight with DLH should be out of the question, right? Wrong!!

DLH will do everything in his power to add another big name, mini-sized scalp to his mantle. And by golly, if that means starving himself to 140... I wouldn't put it past ol' Oscar to do just that.

Cotto-Hatton will never happen. Cotto will never go back to 140, and Hatton would commit suicide if he went up to 147 to face Cotto.

No... the most likely scenario out there for Hatton is a fight with Pac. Of course, after Pac unfortunately loses to DLH (sigh...), that fight with Hatton will lose a little of its luster.

ICB Guest

Its a lose / lose

Castillo 1 & 2
    Judah
    Dela Hoya

I think you need to rewatch the Zab Judah fight, Floyd Mayweather dominated Zab Judah 9 rounds to 3. Busted up his face and tripled him in power punches.

Floyd Mayweather had an injured shoulder against Jose Luis Castillo, in the first fight. But in the rematch he was 100 percent and beat him pretty comfortably.

Are you kidding me regarding the ODLH fight ? how is Floyd Mayweather supposed to bust up a fighter who outweighed him by 1 stone ? but he still won 8 rounds to 4 which is bloody good enough.

So really and truthfully out of the 4 fights you mentioned in his entire career, in one of them he had a bad injury to his shoulder. In the other he was outweighed by 1 stone, and in the other he won 9 rounds to 3 and tripled his opponent in power punches.

All you've basically done there whether you realize it or not, you've just shown what a great fighter Floyd Mayweather is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Castillo 1 & 2
    Judah
    Dela Hoya

I think you need to rewatch the Zab Judah fight, Floyd Mayweather dominated Zab Judah 9 rounds to 3. Busted up his face and tripled him in power punches.

Floyd Mayweather had an injured shoulder against Jose Luis Castillo, in the first fight. But in the rematch he was 100 percent and beat him pretty comfortably.

Are you kidding me regarding the ODLH fight ? how is Floyd Mayweather supposed to bust up a fighter who outweighed him by 1 stone ? but he still won 8 rounds to 4 which is bloody good enough.

So really and truthfully out of the 4 fights you mentioned in his entire career, in one of them he had a bad injury to his shoulder. In the other he was outweighed by 1 stone, and in the other he won 9 rounds to 3 and tripled his opponent in power punches.

All you've basically done there whether you realize it or not, you've just shown what a great fighter Floyd Mayweather is.

What are you talking about?? The poster said he bashs up everyone he is put in the ring with? I simply showed 4 fights ( doesnt matter what reasons/excuses you come up with) where he didnt bust his opponent up, get off your high horse, i think Mayweather is brilliant but the Hatton fan was trying to say he is some sort of wrecking machine that busts fighters up, which he isnt.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Castillo 1 & 2
    Judah
    Dela Hoya

What are you talking about?? The poster said he bashs up everyone he is put in the ring with? I simply showed 4 fights ( doesnt matter what reasons/excuses you come up with) where he didnt bust his opponent up, get off your high horse, i think Mayweather is brilliant but the Hatton fan was trying to say he is some sort of wrecking machine that busts fighters up, which he isnt.
    I was pointing out some facts thats all im not on a high horse, it sounds like you are though. He busted up Zab Judah, he gave JLC a lesson in there rematch. And ODLH had 1 stone advantage so there is no way he would bust him up.

Floyd Mayweather may not be a wrecking machine like Mike Tyson, but he does bust up his opponents with razor sharp counter punches. You need to rewatch the Zab Judah fight and take a look at his face after the fight.

So again out of the 4 fights you mentioned in one of them his opponent, had a 1 stone advantage. In the other he had a shoulder injury, and he did bust up Zab Judah whether you think it or not it he did.

I wasn't having a pop at you i was just saying, the comment you made there whether you know or not. Just shows how great Floyd Mayweather is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton needs to stay at 140, he has no business at 147 unless he wants to be flat on his back once again, he has fought twice at 147 and has been bashed up in both, Collazo who couldnt knock a wank out had him in big trouble and if that attack came around the tenth would of probably finished the job, Mayweather knocked him out and now he wants to fight a man who hits alot harder than these two fighters put together ( Dela Hoya) Ricky stay where you are and stop thinking about the money.
    Yeah, you're probably right, unfortunately the competition at JWW, in terms of ability, doesn't seem that great. Which I guess is why he has to hope for smaller guys moving up (PAC) or bigger guys who are past it (DLH) to build his legacy. I'd rather see him move up to welterweight where there is a lot more talent, but his fans have convinced me he can't cut it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suppose adding the names of Junior Witter and perhaps Timothy Bradley would be nice additions (watch out for Timothy, I think he may be a lot more competitive against Hatton than some would think at first), but I can't see my boy dealing with Oscar at all.

Pac/Hatton is still an intriguing fight, and may end up being a gutter war, but I would still give the nod to Manny going into this fight.

What Ricky wants most is a rematch with Floyd, Im sure. But I see Floyd tearing his ass up 99 out of 100 times, no matter how much I want to believe differently. Floyd is just a phenom. He just makes guys pay the price for missing, and pay dearly.

I was NEVER a fan of Floyd Mayweather, but good gravy that lad can fight. Floyd, despite his abrasive persona, will go down as one of the all time badasses. Torture to listen to, an absolute pleasure to watch at his craft. James Toney's little counterpart.

In the end I'd like to see Ricky go at it with Manny and Junior and Bradley and hang em up.

Thread Information