Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James DeGale- getting better!

Yup, Ol'e Chunky has gotten a lot better. Punches are crisper and he has gotten a hell of a lot more aggressive.

Still a bit more to go, but you can see the change in him from his last three appearances up to now.

The knockdown combo was exciting, and it was all set up by the uppercut which took his opponents head upwards and then he followed it up with crisp, hard and clean punches that could have only put the guy down.

Statement victory. I would want him to take another fight before he fights Froch- just to see where he is. I'm sure Froch saw the fight and would like to take a big money fight in the USA or Germany before giving DeGale a chance to fight.

Should DeGale rematch Groves? I don't think it's needed now. But he should take another ranked contender with the view in mind for Froch shortly thereafter.

Good win for DeGale. I knew he had the ability to learn the game- and he should be proud of his improvements. But, just don't get too cocky- lose your mind and think you're all that. You have a little ways more to go with regard to crisper punching and better defense- although his defense is well above average.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James DeGale- getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Yup, Ol'e Chunky has gotten a lot better. Punches are crisper and he has gotten a hell of a lot more aggressive.

Still a bit more to go, but you can see the change in him from his last three appearances up to now.

The knockdown combo was exciting, and it was all set up by the uppercut which took his opponents head upwards and then he followed it up with crisp, hard and clean punches that could have only put the guy down.

Statement victory. I would want him to take another fight before he fights Froch- just to see where he is. I'm sure Froch saw the fight and would like to take a big money fight in the USA or Germany before giving DeGale a chance to fight.

Should DeGale rematch Groves? I don't think it's needed now. But he should take another ranked contender with the view in mind for Froch shortly thereafter.

Good win for DeGale. I knew he had the ability to learn the game- and he should be proud of his improvements. But, just don't get too cocky- lose your mind and think you're all that. You have a little ways more to go with regard to crisper punching and better defense- although his defense is well above average.
    DeGale is coming along nicely, Froch is going to fight in the USA Chavis Jr, and may even call
    it a day after. James I feel may be fighting for a vacant title some time, this year if Froch carry's
    on will he face DeGale, maybe but it will have to be for a good pay day, can James generate as
    much interest (money) for Carl as George did, I am not to sure.!

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

DeGale is coming along nicely, Froch is going to fight in the USA Chavis Jr, and may even call
    it a day after. James I feel may be fighting for a vacant title some time, this year if Froch carry's
    on will he face DeGale, maybe but it will have to be for a good pay day, can James generate as
    much interest (money) for Carl as George did, I am not to sure.!
    DeGale probably can't generate the kind of interest as Groves did the second time around, but can generate enough interest that Groves did for Froch the first time around. Which ain't bad at all.

Froch should go and get a large payday in the USA vs. Chavez Jr. if Jr. doesn't waste time and duck and dodge... Martinez won't step up, both Dirrell's don't seem to want to take it to the next level, Bika isn't a big money fight and Ward won't be that big either- even though he should rematch Ward, which I would certainly want to watch.

If Froch has three more fights left, which seems to be a but much but he can do it, then Ward, DeGale and Chavez Jr. (not particularly in that order) should be on the list of "to-do's"...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale would be better served if he wins the title after Froch relinquishes it and then builds up interest in a fight with Froch by beating Kessler/groves/bika/AA type.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, that was a very good showing imo. I really haven't enjoyed watching him box much of the time, but he's going to be hell for anyone, very different kind of southpaw than you usually see. He still seems to fight a bit jerky(?), in and out without setting things up or sticking to a jab, makes for a lot of mauling and holding etc. But, he obviously has power and the ability to set up punches from different spots, and his chin has looked real solid to. I'd only doubt his chances in a fight with Ward off the top of my head, would love to see him against Froch next.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that Gonzalez fucking sucked helped out DeGale

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally think DeGale is awful to watch , he has a strong chin but little else.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree he is now starting to improve but it's taken far too long.

He wasn't amazing or anything on Saturday at Wembley but he got the job done. His performance was fine but from the first 3 seconds and first punch of the fight the other dude didn't want it.

More so than any improvements, I see a stylistic change in him, he was far too cautious before and that cost him the Groves fight, and also led to a lot of people disliking his fights. On Saturday he came out and showed an aggressive style from the first bell and won some people over.

HOWEVER: I am not someone a fighter can turn based on one fight, I see boxing for what it is, a form based sport, you're only as good as your last fight, and DeGales last opponent didn't even begin to test him, so lets see a step up and I'll judge him more accurately then.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    DeGale would be better served if he wins the title after Froch relinquishes it and then builds up interest in a fight with Froch by beating Kessler/groves/bika/AA type.
    But it wouldn't be good for the sport... we have to wait and see what takes place.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think he's getting better, his opponenet saturday was poor and since he fought the Groves fight I see little improvement from him. Personally I think that DeGale will be Froch's last fight because its a guaranteed win for him. And it'll be at Nottingham Forests ground.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Thread Information