Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What happens with Andre Ward now that Goossen has passed away??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What happens with Andre Ward now that Goossen has passed away??

I know he wanted to break away from him but couldn't and now that he isn't alive does it mean Ward can move on now? I don't know what the situation would be with that happening for Ward.

On a side note though, he needs to get back into the ring he is wasting his prime years not fighting and he will regret it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What happens with Andre Ward now that Goossen has passed away??

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I know he wanted to break away from him but couldn't and now that he isn't alive does it mean Ward can move on now? I don't know what the situation would be with that happening for Ward.

On a side note though, he needs to get back into the ring he is wasting his prime years not fighting and he will regret it.
    He will obviously still be tied to the business Goossen promotions.

If your boss died, as long as it wasn't a sole trader you would still be employed by the company.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll continue to drown in his own self importance as his career as a broadcaster seems more and more likely.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, I didn't even think of that. Ward has explained his position and why he has felt it necessary to not deviate from and there was some merit and nobility to his position the bottom line is he is a boxer who isn't boxing. Possibly a great boxer who isn't boxing. I say possibly great as I have a problem with hugfests. I know a big part of this was making sure a friend of his didn't get screwed over which he contends is what Goossen was trying to do. Oddly, I never heard Goosens side of things. Anyway, good for Andre for sticking up for a friend but I think he let pride get in the way. He is always mentioned amongst the current greats. He needs to find a way to wrap this up and get in the frickin ring.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

If your boss died, as long as it wasn't a sole trader you would still be employed by the company.
    I did kind of think that but wasn't sure. Who will take over I wonder? I wonder if Ward will try and push away again with the passing of Goossen? He would do a lot better with a bigger promotional team I think.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did kind of think that but wasn't sure. Who will take over I wonder? I wonder if Ward will try and push away again with the passing of Goossen? He would do a lot better with a bigger promotional team I think.
    He'd do a lot better if he sucked it up and fought until his contract was done. Andre resigned with Goosen in 2012. Why would he do that if he was so unhappy with his promoter!?
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 10-01-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

He'd do a lot better if he sucked it up and fought until his contract was done. Andre resigned with Goosen in 2012. Why would he do that if he was so unhappy with his promoter!?
    I heard Andre side of the story in several interviews and print. Any of you guys know what Goosens response or his side of the story was.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Ward is under contract with the business and is technically just another "asset" of the business, which will just change hands to whoever is going to run the business going forward.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well he claims that Goosen changed some shit up on him when he signed and got rid of a guy that was very close to Ward for all these years.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Well he claims that Goosen changed some shit up on him when he signed and got rid of a guy that was very close to Ward for all these years.
    Boo Hoo! Is it worth stalling and potentially ruining your career for? Ward ain't making no money by not fighting. If he fought then he could pay his friend some money instead of shutting them both out. This will hurt Ward more than it will ever hurt Goosen's company.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happens is that Andre Ward remains just as boring and dirty as ever on those very rare moments that he decides to step into the ring, and always with the homefield advantage.

... (not that it helps as no folks from his own hometown actually come out to pay to watch him...)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really?

Wasn't Goosen part of the reason the super six got made?

Who was Ward before the super six?

Which fighter never had to give up home advantage in any fight during the super six?

Which promoter would want to be stuck such an unpopular, un loyal, unappreciative fighter?

If you were a promoter, who would you rather have to sell a big fight to an audience. Chavez Jr or Ward?

You cannot blame the promoter for lack of trying with Ward.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Boo Hoo! Is it worth stalling and potentially ruining your career for? Ward ain't making no money by not fighting. If he fought then he could pay his friend some money instead of shutting them both out. This will hurt Ward more than it will ever hurt Goosen's company.
    Oh I agree... just saying where Ward is coming from.

You sign a contract, you honour it.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll continue to drown in his own self importance as his career as a broadcaster seems more and more likely.
    thats my maın problem wıth hım, talented as he ıs.

Thread Information