Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The most optomistic Amir Khan post of all time

This is a post taken from the BBC news boxing forum. It outlines one participants view of how Amir's 2008 boxing year will go.

Now everyone knows I'm a big Amir Khan fan myself but this is the most insane article I've ever seen, all the more funnier as it was written it seems in total seriousness

Amir Khan is likely too fight Graham Earl on December 8 2007. If you were his promoter who would you put him in with in 2008, i will make some recommendatetions and explain my reasoning.

March: Jon Thaxton, he is a reasonably domestic boxer but has seen better days and at 33 time is not on his side, also he is the British Lightweight Champion, by KO in 5 to 8 rds

May: Nate Campbell, he is a good old american pro but in march he will be 36, dealing with Amirs fast footwork and quick hand speed will make it impossible for campbell to not sucumb, by KO within 6 to 8 rds.

July: Joel Casemayor, he will be 37 the american based cuban would have seen better days and ripe for the taking by a quick young lion like Khan, also he is ranked No1 by the ring magazine and being a cuban this will be like Amir's old ameteur foe (Mario Kinderland), by KO 5to 8 rds

September: Alecio Freitas, he is about 34 and was the WBO's champ until met Juan Diaz in April 2007, would be a good test for Khan too see if he can do better than take him out in less than 8 rds which is what it took Juan Diaz.

December: The by then undisputed lightweight champ holder off (WBC,WBA,IBF and WBO lightweight champ)Juan Diaz. Diaz will be 25 and Khan 22 both men should be in their prime Diaz is 5'6 short and stocky, Khan as we all know is 5'10 tall and rangey. I feel this fight has to be made. If Khan is too gain boxing superstardom in the USA where it matters and make the
    $$$$$$$. Khan by way of KO any round after 5. I feel Khan is a bit like a young ODH at this weight big body frame for the weight.

The link to the full thread is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A27963327

So what do you guys think of this plan, can he do it? :P

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The most optomistic Amir Khan post of all time

Awesome, it reminds me of an article once that was on eastsideboxing's frontpage analyzing the future conquests of Audley Harrison, I think Wlad was out in 4, after he ran through all the other contenders.

I don't know why but it cracked me up when the writer called him Alecio Freitas

CC for a brilliant article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haaaa ..Little much... maybe the first two are right bbut the rest is utter codss
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow they are crazy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pooooooooooooooo that's funny
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats just bloody harsh and putting even more pressure on Amir, realsitically he should have another 2-3 years on the higher level. HE would get KTFO by casamayor freitas and Diaz. Also campbell has too much expereince for him at the momment, I think people are hyping him too much. He should get more expereince.

It should go Earl, Thaxton and then move up to the higher level. Saying he would knock out the top man is just plain stupid, its like politcal progaganda gona very very wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All this writer needs to do is add in a sentence saying that Amir Khan will unveil the Sugar Ray Robinson skills package in '08.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    All this writer needs to do is add in a sentence saying that Amir Khan will unveil the Sugar Ray Robinson skills package in '08.
    LMFAO

Well,Khan does have a big mouth at times,I mean there is nothing wrong with being confident but this kid is talking world title shots,titles in 3 weight classes and beating Floyd Mayweather in 4 rounders already. So obviously his fans are going to be optimistic.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i just cant see Khan being durable enough at top level myself. sorry amir
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    LMFAO

Well,Khan does have a big mouth at times,I mean there is nothing wrong with being confident but this kid is talking world title shots,titles in 3 weight classes and beating Floyd Mayweather in 4 rounders already. So obviously his fans are going to be optimistic.
    To be fair to Amir since the age of 17 the media, boxing promoters and the British press have been touting him as heir to the title of greatest British boxer so its now wonder he feels like it's a natural matter succession to his throne in a few years.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    This is a post taken from the BBC news boxing forum. It outlines one participants view of how Amir's 2008 boxing year will go.

Now everyone knows I'm a big Amir Khan fan myself but this is the most insane article I've ever seen, all the more funnier as it was written it seems in total seriousness

Amir Khan is likely too fight Graham Earl on December 8 2007. If you were his promoter who would you put him in with in 2008, i will make some recommendatetions and explain my reasoning.

March: Jon Thaxton, he is a reasonably domestic boxer but has seen better days and at 33 time is not on his side, also he is the British Lightweight Champion, by KO in 5 to 8 rds

May: Nate Campbell, he is a good old american pro but in march he will be 36, dealing with Amirs fast footwork and quick hand speed will make it impossible for campbell to not sucumb, by KO within 6 to 8 rds.

July: Joel Casemayor, he will be 37 the american based cuban would have seen better days and ripe for the taking by a quick young lion like Khan, also he is ranked No1 by the ring magazine and being a cuban this will be like Amir's old ameteur foe (Mario Kinderland), by KO 5to 8 rds

September: Alecio Freitas, he is about 34 and was the WBO's champ until met Juan Diaz in April 2007, would be a good test for Khan too see if he can do better than take him out in less than 8 rds which is what it took Juan Diaz.

December: The by then undisputed lightweight champ holder off (WBC,WBA,IBF and WBO lightweight champ)Juan Diaz. Diaz will be 25 and Khan 22 both men should be in their prime Diaz is 5'6 short and stocky, Khan as we all know is 5'10 tall and rangey. I feel this fight has to be made. If Khan is too gain boxing superstardom in the USA where it matters and make the
    $$$$$$$. Khan by way of KO any round after 5. I feel Khan is a bit like a young ODH at this weight big body frame for the weight.

The link to the full thread is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A27963327

So what do you guys think of this plan, can he do it? :P

No comment for such ridiculous comments does this guy know anything about boxing ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Khan should just skip all these guys and fight Mayweather next. He's obviously ready.

ICB Guest

I think Khan should just skip all these guys and fight Mayweather next. He's obviously ready.
    Yea in a 4 round bout

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Campbell would destroy Con.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    LMFAO

To be fair to Amir since the age of 17 the media, boxing promoters and the British press have been touting him as heir to the title of greatest British boxer so its now wonder he feels like it's a natural matter succession to his throne in a few years.
    ahh but Bilbo he isnt saying i a few yrs i'll do this and that he's saying (well he was saying) b4 im 21(nxt mth) i'll do this that etc.................

Thread Information