Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fight Coming Up

hey every1, i got a upcoming fight soon, and i was told this guy is real speedy.im average build,but toned out more and i am more of a heavy hitter.im not real fast so i was wondering Wat Should i do to keep him under control? train to be fast also? anything to watch out for with fast guys? and what should i be training now?? - any help would be great- Thanks have a nice day~! And the fight is in 2 months.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight Coming Up

Dont worry about it just keep training and enjoy it. By the time the fight comes round your opponent might have changed about four times, thats usually the case
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats your coach doing with you? at the end of the day you fight how you fight...

It's amatuer boxing... you seldom know who you are fighting let alone how they fight... size him up in the changing room etc and get an idea of how he probably fights... a lanky kid isn't gonna swarm you and get on the inside much... a short kid isn' going to stay at range all night... think back to your sparring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basics for fighting a speedy, smaller opponent are usually:

-Cut off the ring. Basically the most important thing you can do. Don't give him the room to run away so that he actually has to trade with you.

-Body. If it's an amateur match, it may not have time to pay off though. But usually, body shots will slow down the guys who love to run from you.

-Bob Weave and Slip. Avoid his punches and get inside, then unload on him. Once again, if its an amateur fight, it may not help you too much, as judges don't seem to appreciate this type of fighting (at least from the am. fights I've been too) and will likely lead to you losing on points unless you can secure a knockdown or KO.

-Counter. Make him pay every time he comes in to hit you. If he lands two or three shots, send him out with at least one hard one. Don't let him hit you while you just cover up...you'll never win that way

Most important is to remember that its just an amateur fight. If you lose, you lose. No biggie. Just do what you need to do, and don't worry TOO much about winning. As long as you box well, you'll be asked to come back, win or lose.

On a side note though: In amateurs, pressing the fight (once again, judging from the am. fights I've actually been to) tends to count the most. You don't have a lot of time to showcase what you have, so don't sit around and wait for things to happen. Fight actively, and fight with everything you have. Don't conserve energy, because you don't have enough time to use what you're trying to conserve.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok thanks guys. I Don't have a coach im Self Training But some of my buddys go running and spar with me.I Use The techinques and have some combos Memorized and down path. i like Training Hard And Doing Hard Times on the heavy bag.i cant wait for the fight and yes im going to give him tons of hard blows but not to much to make me run out of gas. lay my combos,and mix it up.. i play boxing games to Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good luck mate well be rooting for ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just remember its an amateur bout. Not sure exactly, but down here they do I think 4 one or two minute rounds. It's kinda been a few months since I could afford to make it to the fights. But basically don't worry too much about getting exhausted. Make sure you leave everything out there, and box the best you can. If you do both of those, no reason you won't be invited back, and possibly get the attention of a trainer.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good luck and hope u win, my words of advice is every time he hits u hit hem twic as hard

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My advice is to box smart and don't go tit for tat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dogde And Parry His Punches And Counter His a***

Use Your Jab To Back Him Up

Idk I dont have A Trainer Either I Just Go With The Flow And If Someone Beats Me I Train Harder And Beat Them.

GOOD LUCK MAN WOOP HIS a***

I Like Boxing Slow Guys Cuz They Usually Hit Hard But They Throw There Punches So Slow I Can Get Like 3 Or 4 Punches In After There One so I Hope Your Not Real Slow Just Dont Get The Mind Set That Your Gonna Knock Him Out Cuz Then You Go Out Swinging And He Throws Tons Of Punches And You Get Knocked Out
    I Know This Cuz All These Big Guys Want To Box Me And They Think They Are Gonna Knock Me Out And They Throw Some Heavy SLOW Heymakers And I Just Dodge And Throw Buncha Punches And They Usually Get Pretty Punch Drunk
    SO DONT BE COCKY
    BOX SMART
    GOOD Luck To You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks. And im not Slow,But im not Super Fast i would say Average? The main thing i trained Was Strength And My Footwork.My footwork is good! So i guess that will help.ill Try my hardest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good Good

i Would Say Foot Work Is The Most Inportant And As Long As Your Not Super Slow Then Im Sure You Can Beat Him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JAB JAB JAB JAAAAAAAAAAAB JAAAAAAAB JAAAAAAAB when hes dazed dash him with a right hand then back to the JAB JAB JAAAAAAAAAb

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Bolt
    thanks. And im not Slow,But im not Super Fast i would say Average? The main thing i trained Was Strength And My Footwork.My footwork is good! So i guess that will help.ill Try my hardest!
    A good way to improve the skill of cutting off the ring is to get your sparing partner/mate to move around the ring without throwing any punches and you just concintraight on useing side step to cut off the ring.

Balls

Thread Information