Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ~Dat Nguyen vs. Gonzalez and Oliver vs. Carbajal on WNF~

I just read Dat Nguyen will be making his national TV debut on ESPN:WNF.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing him on the telei....
    From what I've seen his handspeed looks decent, but it's not as fast as people were making it out to seem, his power is alos decent I would hope for his own good that he develops some power as he developes his body into the division. I would also like to see him more controlled more paced. The fights I've seen of him he looks a bit wreckless and wild. I know that's what hes been praised/liked for I just think if he put a little more defense in his efforts he'd look better.
    One other thing to mention is I don't like the Manny Pac reference, I mean the kids got 10 fights and people are talking about him being the next Pac
    Let's not do to Nguyen what we did to Bojado and others and that's get waaaay ahead of them.

Also I'm saying it right now Carbajal will beat Mike Oliver, I'm telling you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~Dat Nguyen vs. Gonzalez and Oliver vs. Carbajal on WNF~

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    From what I've seen his handspeed looks decent, but it's not as fast as people were making it out to seem, his power is alos decent I would hope for his own good that he develops some power as he developes his body into the division. I would also like to see him more controlled more paced. The fights I've seen of him he looks a bit wreckless and wild. I know that's what hes been praised/liked for I just think if he put a little more defense in his efforts he'd look better.
    One other thing to mention is I don't like the Manny Pac reference, I mean the kids got 10 fights and people are talking about him being the next Pac
    Let's not do to Nguyen what we did to Bojado and others and that's get waaaay ahead of them.

I agree with you about Nguyen he's still raw & as he steps up in comp we'll find out more about him. Looks like a solid prospect to me though so far!

As for Oliver I gotta disagree with ya mate. Oliver is the real thing. He had his hiccup with Stark Jr now he's got things back on track. I don't think this fight will be close at all. Carbajal is in for a long frustrating night!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy.

I agree with you about Nguyen he's still raw & as he steps up in comp we'll find out more about him. Looks like a solid prospect to me though so far!

As for Oliver I gotta disagree with ya mate. Oliver is the real thing. He had his hiccup with Stark Jr now he's got things back on track. I don't think this fight will be close at all. Carbajal is in for a long frustrating night!
    I think if Carbajal can do to Oliver what hes been doing all along to his opponents, which is attack the body early and then try to finish them off. Carbajals got a really good chance at it.
    About the long frustrating night, that's just it Carbajal needs to take Oliver into deep water if Carbajal can take Oliver to the championship rounds which is where Oliver looked weakest against Stark, having attacked the body early on as he normally does I think Carbajals got the experience to smoother and push Oliver around. There is no doubt that Carbajal will be a pretty big step up in class for Oliver and we'll get to see how good of a chin Oliver has if Carbajal lands any solid shots. On the other hand Oliver quick on his feet and doesn't stay still hes gonna have to be busy cause Carbajal will do something similar to what Margarito did this weekend and that concentrate more on power punches.

CC#161 Galaxy and tho we don't always agree on things it's always good to have someone with whom to chat about the smaller guys.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if Carbajal can do to Oliver what hes been doing all along to his opponents, which is attack the body early and then try to finish them off. Carbajals got a really good chance at it.
    About the long frustrating night, that's just it Carbajal needs to take Oliver into deep water if Carbajal can take Oliver to the championship rounds which is where Oliver looked weakest against Stark, having attacked the body early on as he normally does I think Carbajals got the experience to smoother and push Oliver around. There is no doubt that Carbajal will be a pretty big step up in class for Oliver and we'll get to see how good of a chin Oliver has if Carbajal lands any solid shots. On the other hand Oliver quick on his feet and doesn't stay still hes gonna have to be busy cause Carbajal will do something similar to what Margarito did this weekend and that concentrate more on power punches.

CC#161 Galaxy and tho we don't always agree on things it's always good to have someone with whom to chat about the smaller guys.
    cc back bro, I don't see Oliver stopping Cruz but the gap in talent is going to be evident. I think Oliver maybe catching Carbajal @ the right time. Carbajal is fighting @ a higher weight than when I think he was at his best & it showed in his draw with Aiken! I'm not saying that Carbajal won't have his moments but I know Oliver can fight! Although this is his biggest step up in competition it is going to be Oliver's coming out party!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc back bro, I don't see Oliver stopping Cruz but the gap in talent is going to be evident. I think Oliver maybe catching Carbajal @ the right time. Carbajal is fighting @ a higher weight than when I think he was at his best & it showed in his draw with Aiken! I'm not saying that Carbajal won't have his moments but I know Oliver can fight! Although this is his biggest step up in competition it is going to be Oliver's coming out party!
    Yeah! unless Carbajal turns old overnight I don't see Oliver stopping him either.....
    You could be right this very well could be Olivers coming out party.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah! unless Carbajal turns old overnight I don't see Oliver stopping him either.....
    You could be right this very well could be Olivers coming out party.
    I'm hoping so, I've been following Oliver Jr since he was 3-0. He's got a huge amateur background I think around 300 fights. But I have been wrong before we'll just have to wait & see!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man i thought you were talking about football players.

Dat Nguyen of the dallas cowboys.

gonzalez of the kansas city chiefs.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Dat's hand speed and his power seems decent enough, I think his footwork
    and defense suck though. He makes for a great slugger in his division, but his
    concrete shoes make me wonder about his future prospects in the Featherweight
    division. All in all I like him though makes for exciting fights.

As for the second match I think the slight reach advantage that Oliver will be
    the deciding factor, as long as Oliver can keep Carbajal away from his body
    for the first four rounds he's got it in the bag. Oliver is going to make
    Carbajal look bad IMO.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    man i thought you were talking about football players.

Dat Nguyen of the dallas cowboys.

gonzalez of the kansas city chiefs.

Your a fool Julius, good one....
    HAHHHA HA AH HAH AH AH!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is this dat nguyen of any relation to the dat nguyen that played linebacker for ucla (i think he was drafted by the cowboys) a long while back?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

is this dat nguyen of any relation to the dat nguyen that played linebacker for ucla (i think he was drafted by the cowboys) a long while back?
    I don't think so, dat Nguyen is the equivalent of John Smith as far as common names for vietnamese people go.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't dat Dat fella one of Emanuel Stewart's prospects? I thought I heard that somewhere. Does this mean Stewart will be on WNF? I cannot imagine such a thing...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Isn't dat Dat fella one of Emanuel Stewart's prospects? I thought I heard that somewhere. Does this mean Stewart will be on WNF? I cannot imagine such a thing...
    My bad. Buddy McGirt is training him. Buddy will look just fine on WNF.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My bad. Buddy McGirt is training him. Buddy will look just fine on WNF.
    I just found this interview with Dat he talks about Buddy on there....

http://www.fightnewsextra.com/ac/pkelley4

If you check out Dats site they have one of his fights there for those who haven't seen him before.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always thought there should be A FIGHTING TEXAS AGGIE kicking ass in the ring
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information