Regardless of whether you're a baseball fan or not.... there is something riveting in watching a bunch of 12-13 year old kids playing such high-level baseball. Not to mention the beautiful setting of Williamsport, PA, where the final games are played. When you consider the glare of national TV, the large crowds in the stands, and the level of competition.... these kids do pretty damn good. And the coaches for the most part are pretty good at keeping it fun for the kids.

If only I could say the same thing for the umpires, though. Seems these guys were separated from their seeing-eye dogs to come umpire baseball games. I've seen some called strikes that would've caused a major leaguer to take a swing at the ump or destroy the dugout. But these kids are pretty well taught at how to hold their temper or not express their disappointment. Those that make it to the majors forget, I guess.

One thing I've never found quite fair, though. It's called Little League World Series..... AND they have teams from all over the world. But it's always the U.S. vs. some international team in the final game. The international teams all eliminate each other, while you're always guaranteed a U.S. team in the final. I know the U.S. is the home of Little League and all that... but it still seems a bit unfair to me.